may 23 4 day on Wonder

Welcome home Greytlady, Carol and Ragdoll!!!!

It was a fabulous cruise, wasn't it? I want to go back!!! We won't be cruising again for 2-3 years. BOO-HOO!!! It will be a 7-nighter for us next time!

Ragdoll, I am so sorry you are sick and I hope you feel better soon.

Deweysgirl and I have already posted trip reports. I look forward to reading some more soon.

Maris :wave:

Hey Deweysgirl, ragdoll, and seastar!

We did rebook while onboard. Their computer system is getting upgraded, so I had to finish that process after returning home. We thought that the 4 day passed too quickly, so we booked a 7-day this time. It is for Dec. 17, 2005. This is a surprise for our children!shhhhh! I know this is a long way off, but I knew our best deal would be to book early and with the $200 per stateroom credit and the 10% off...well...we couldn't resist! I read that the Magic would possibly return to California during summer 2006, like summer 2005. The only time we can travel is in late May/early June or late December. So our choices were very limited.

I don't know about you all, but I think that I have the blues now because our Disney cruise has come and gone! Do any of you feel the same?

ragdoll....I ran into you several times while on the Wonder. It's nice that you see the positive instead of the negative. I sure hope you are feeling okay now.

Next time, we try to do more of the activities offered. We didn't do half of what we had planned to do. What a great time we had anyway!

Carol:sunny:

I forgot to mention something. The Sunday after the cruise, we went to Epcot. We were just strolling along in World Showcase and we ran into Tiggergranny and her family. We were shocked! I still can't believe that happened! :sunny:

Hello everyone! It has taken me a week to get back on schedule after vacation! All four of us absolutely loved the cruise, including my husband, who was sort of dragged along. He is now hooked on cruising! Did we have perfect weather, or what?!!! And I have never seen such calm seas. I didn't even feel that swaying feeling after we got off the ship.
We got off to a great start when we were checking in at the port on Sunday. I asked if there were any upgrades available and they said that someone had just cancelled thier cat. 3 suite. The upgrade from our cat. 5 room was $895.00. We took it and it was worth every penny! Afterwards we couldn't believe that we actually hesitated to take the upgrade. We had booked our cat. 5 last October and got a great rate through All Seasons Travel, so even with the upgrade cost we were still a few thousand below the regular rate for a cat. 3.
In Nassau we had booked a room at the Comfort Suites across from the Atlantis. This property is owned by Atlantis so you can use all the pools, slides, etc. at Atlantis and they are vigilant about making sure that you are a guest. You have to be wearing the wrist band they issue. A room at Atlantis was $370.00 and a room at Comfort Suites was $179.00! We checked in and never even went to the room. We had a wonderful day at Atlantis and this worked out cheaper than the Atlantis Beach Day offered as a shore excursion.
Loved Castaway Cay - what more can I say?!!!

We were surprised at how much we enjoyed our day at sea. It was definitely the most relaxed day. DH and I did the Rasul Bath at the Spa. It was very relaxing and made our skin feel great after a few days of sun, sand , and chlorine. Then we had brunch at Palo, fantastic! We also treated ourselves to dinner at Palo that night, which was a few steps above the regular dining room, also worth the extra $20.00.
Overall, I'd have to rate our cruise experience as a 10!

Nena, I see that you are booked on the Magic 4/2/2005. We'll wave to you from Grill's. Thirteen of us are booked on Royal Caribbean's Mariner of the Seas (was docked next to the Wonder) on 4/3/2005! It's my parent's 50th anniversary.

Hope you all enjoyed the cruise as much as I did.
Gamom

Welcome back, GaMom!!!

That is so cool that you were able to get the Cat 3. I am sure it was great!

gamom...your family had a blast and that's what it's all about. Disney really is the place to be with a family and I am so thankful that we got to experience DCL!

Hello to everyone else! I miss our posts! Have a great weekend!

Carol:wave:

gamom-Glad you enjoyed the cruise. We did too and my DH and I are really hooked now as well! We had perfect weather, it was a great time to sail!

Hello to everyone else. I am going through withdrawals too but hopefully it will soon pass! I keep thinking toward a 7 day which we can hopefully plan for 2006.

Let us know how the RCCL cruise is. I'm such a Disneyholic I hope I could break away to try another cruiseline someday.

Hope everyone is doing well.

TTFN!:wave2:

I'm with ya there. I miss our group discussions. Now that I have faces with usernames out there... :D

I'm going through withdrawals. Got back to work and things had fallen apart while I was on vacation and now it seems like forever since we were on the cruise. I am looking forward to the 7 day next year but I don't think I could ever get as nice as weather as we had on this cruise.

I finally got my pictures uploaded to the computer but have not had them printed yet. Working on that.

Nena

I just wanted to tell everyone "Hey"! Boy, do I miss the "Wonder"! I want to go back! How are you all doing?

Carol:wave2:

Hi Carol-We miss it too! I'm trying to think of a way to pull a 3 day next year while waiting for a 7 day in 2006. I'll have to find the best rate in the world! HaHa

:wave2:

Hello everyone!!!

We miss the Wonder too!!! We won't be able to cruise again for two or three years.:(

Has anyone heard from TiggerGranny??? Where are you, TiggerGranny? I am going to send her a PM to see how she is doing.

Have a great weekend!!! :sunny:

seastar...I was wondering about tiggergranny myself. She is probably busy with her dgc since they are out of school. They are so sweet.

Cruising is so fun. We are probably biting off more than we can chew by booking again. It is a year and a half away, so we do have some time to save $$$$. I think my brothers and their families, my sister and her family, and my mom will book for the same cruise as we booked.(19 total) That will be fun.

Deweysgirl...my dh said that he doesn't desire to try another cruise line. He loved Disney that much! Here's hoping a way for that 3-day cruise next year for you!

Hope everyone has a Happy Father's Day!

Carol:wave:

I have been trying to find a super good rate for a 3 nighter on the Wonder to hold us over until 2006. I checked rates from nearly a dozen different TA's. I found the cheapest to be through a travel company called micdan.com. I heard good things about them on the boards so thought I would give it a shot. I spoke with Dana and she was real sweet and helpful.

Anywho, we're not quite ready to book. (have to talk DH into it!;) )
We were thinking of June of next year. They beat Allseason's quote by quite a bit and Allseason's was the lowest I had found so far. Just to let you know for those of you who might be shopping around.

Hope you all are doing well!:wave2:

I've missed talking with everyone. I have been especially wondering how our FL folks are surviving? Tiggergranny, seastar, Deweysgirl (and any other FLs I've missed)- are you surviving with the hurricanes, everybody okay and safe? You have been in my thoughts and prayers. Love to hear how everyone is.

Nena

Hey greytlady and everyone else!
I also miss talking to everyone and the excitement that I felt during that special time!

I cannot believe that another hurricane is probably headed towards FL and then GA!!! I was scared with winds from Frances! I know that all of you from FL were frightened! I hope and pray that Ivan turns and heads back into the Atlantic!

I would also love to hear how you are all doing!:sunny:

Carol:wave2:

Hi Carol and Nena and everyone, good to hear from you! We missed Charley and were very fortunate. We were not as fortunate with Frances however. Our house and families are fine thankfully but we lost two huge trees and they took down two poles and we were without power for 5 days. We were without phone and cable connection since last night and this morning. We ended up having to take a hotel after three days as the heat became unbearable! The mess from Frances is everywhere and I'm sure the clean-up will take weeks.

Of course now Ivan has all of us worried and hopefully we'll all be ok and can get on with our lives after this.

Hope you all are well.

Take care,
Liz

Hi Liz,

So glad to hear from you. I'm glad you were able to find a hotel room for a few days and that you finally have power. The news made it sound like there were no rooms to be found. I'll be saying a prayer that Ivan doesn't do you any harm.

Take care and thanks for updating us.

Nena

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter