***May 2018 Check-In Thread***

Love all of the information you guys have posted! As a first timer scouring the web for information I was so happy to have stumbled across this site! I am heading to Disneyland May 28th-June 3rd with my mom, my sister and my 8 year old daughter (this is a surprise trip for my kiddo!) None of us have ever visited a Disney park before and I am getting so excited. It has been so difficult to keep it a secret!! :)

My husband is switching to a new role in his company... found out he is being sent for training to Costa Mesa for a week.... que tacking on a vacation afterwards at Disneyland! We are from Wisconsin, this will be our first trip to Disneyland ever. We are seasoned at Disney World, but this is a whole new ballgame. Going to be spending 4 glorious days at Disneyland, so excited! We will be staying at the Hilton Garden Inn as we love that chain and it was only $125 a night.

Will be there May 5th - 8th!

Booked our first reservation! Goofy's Kitchen for dinner on the 1st. It's our first night there and a character meal is great for starting your visit off For some reason we can't book past that yet.

Does anyone know if WOC will still be closed as part of the Pixar Pier reno in May? Is it closed until the entire area reopens in June? It's showing closed for refurbishment in mid April.

59 days to go!!!

Booked our first reservation! Goofy's Kitchen for dinner on the 1st. It's our first night there and a character meal is great for starting your visit off For some reason we can't book past that yet.

Does anyone know if WOC will still be closed as part of the Pixar Pier reno in May? Is it closed until the entire area reopens in June? It's showing closed for refurbishment in mid April.

59 days to go!!!
I love starting or ending (sometimes both ;)) a vacation with a special dinner. I just checked and dining is showing available to book through the 3rd. I think you will be out of luck re WoC. I previously posted about the ADB itinerary that shows WoC under refurb for a couple of their dates, one of them would be their May 5th WoC show. Not sure when it will come back though. The PtN packages (which is what looks to be taking the place of the WoC dessert party while WoC is down) do not look good to me - I love PtN but I think we should be ok finding a spot w/o a package. DCA has a pretty big parade route.

I love starting or ending (sometimes both ;)) a vacation with a special dinner. I just checked and dining is showing available to book through the 3rd. I think you will be out of luck re WoC. I previously posted about the ADB itinerary that shows WoC under refurb for a couple of their dates, one of them would be their May 5th WoC show. Not sure when it will come back though. The PtN packages (which is what looks to be taking the place of the WoC dessert party while WoC is down) do not look good to me - I love PtN but I think we should be ok finding a spot w/o a package. DCA has a pretty big parade route.

Are you just looking at the itineraries you can download from the ABD site...? I just looked at the one for May 20th one that we are on and it still says there will be WOC viewing but now I wonder...!

So far the only evening entertainment is PtN. Fantasmic isn't available for the 1st to 3rd so far. According to May 2017 there might be fireworks on the 4th. That's it. A little disappointing since we have one first timer, another who hasn't been since 94 and my family hasn't seen Fantasmic.

Where is the ADB itinerary? I can't find it. I might be blind though. Lol

booked at the DLH april 29th to May 4th. our goofy's kitchen character dinning will be the night we arrive on april 29th. my kids are so excited. my favorite part about taking the little ones is watching their faces light up when they see the characters.

Are you just looking at the itineraries you can download from the ABD site...? I just looked at the one for May 20th one that we are on and it still says there will be WOC viewing but now I wonder...!
I saw the info on the shorter CA itinerary covering May 5th (and a couple of April dates) but it does not say anything on the later dates so WoC will probably be back by your date.

They do not have ABD dates for the middle of May so I can't figure out a date when WoC comes back. Hope it comes back sometime during the second week. I love the dessert party.

Where is the ADB itinerary? I can't find it. I might be blind though. Lol
Screenshot_20180305-012108.png

Last edited:
May 2 to May 8 we haven't been since 2009 and we are super excited staying in a kids suite at Portofino hoping we made a good choice!!!

Hello everyone! I'm coming to DL for the first time in May (6-10) as part of my honeymoon! We've been to WDW a bunch of times.

I have been doing a bit of planning, and read a bit in this thread (but not the whole thing) - is there any confirmation whether World Of Color is open or closed at all in May? We planned to do the dessert party, but I see that it's not available after 4/12 (with the Pixar fest starting 4/13). They also list "No performance today." for the days available on the DL site after 4/12 (4/13-4/16). I see that ABD confirmed it would be down for certain days, but not sure if it's a refurb or completely dark once Pixar fest starts. I'm hoping it isn't, but any information would be helpful!

Hello everyone! I'm coming to DL for the first time in May (6-10) as part of my honeymoon! We've been to WDW a bunch of times.

I have been doing a bit of planning, and read a bit in this thread (but not the whole thing) - is there any confirmation whether World Of Color is open or closed at all in May? We planned to do the dessert party, but I see that it's not available after 4/12 (with the Pixar fest starting 4/13). They also list "No performance today." for the days available on the DL site after 4/12 (4/13-4/16). I see that ABD confirmed it would be down for certain days, but not sure if it's a refurb or completely dark once Pixar fest starts. I'm hoping it isn't, but any information would be helpful!
DLR does not release the entertainment schedule far in advance, we are all speculating and hoping for the best ;) Sometimes you can book a dining package 60 days out (with regular dining) but most of the time it is 30 days out.

May 1-4!!

There are 10 of us flying into LAX from YVR the morning of the 1st. Staying at the Clarion (not first choice, but part of the package), transfer to Long Beach Pier and cruise back to Vancouver for 4 nights on the Coral Princess. It's our Christmas present from my parents. So it's the two of them, my two sisters and their other halves and my family of 4. For the most part we are all experienced Disney travellers. Mom has been 6 times, my dad 4, one sister 8, another 4, me 6, my husband twice, our kids twice and once. Sister's husband hasn't been since before DCA was even around. Other sister's boyfriend, never. And we're all Star Wars nerds and just realized we will be there May the 4th!! Woohoo!!!
What’s happening May 4? That’s our last day in the parks. Flying home May 5 to YVR

So we arrive a Friday with a grad night and won't get to the parks until around 4pm and will stay until maybe 8pm. Which park will probably be best to go to in the early evening of a grad night?

Thanks! Going to read now!

Keep in mind there's also Grad Nights.

https://disneylanddaily.com/grad-nights-at-disneyland/

Fantasmic is now showing as dining packages available for the 4th, but it sounds like it might be a little crazy there. I really hope they do Fantasmic or fireworks on Thursday as well, in light of this.
Yes, I did see that about grad night o_O I’m not sure what night we are doing Fantasmic. My friend is making res. But I assume it will be earlier in the week.

So we arrive a Friday with a grad night and won't get to the parks until around 4pm and will stay until maybe 8pm. Which park will probably be best to go to in the early evening of a grad night?
Disneyland. The way the price structure is for this year's Grad Nite I doubt kids will go to both parks. It is $79 just for the party, $99 for the party and DCA (during the day), and then it is $139 for a hopper plus the party. Last year they got a hopper which is why it was crazy at DL on grad nites. I was worried that kids with APs would just go to DL during the day and then meet their school group at DCA later. But I read that groups have to arrive together and go in to the park together. So I think the entire class has to have the same ticket.

I saw the info on the shorter CA itinerary covering May 5th (and a couple of April dates) but it does not say anything on the later dates so WoC will probably be back by your date.

They do not have ABD dates for the middle of May so I can't figure out a date when WoC comes back. Hope it comes back sometime during the second week. I love the dessert party.

View attachment 306838

We are at DL May 19-25- I am hoping to book the dessert party as a treat to my Mom who is paying for most of the trip- if it is coming back up, I wonder when we might see reservations open back up?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter