~* May 2014 *~ I'm going, are you?!

It's the very beginning of the ride in the bayou seeing with the fireflies and the little cabin with the old man on a rocking chair. Not a whole lot and no pirates....that's a bummer about always missing it. Hopefully it will be open for your trip.

We are going for the 24 hour even on May 23-24!! I think we are nuts and will never get back our missed sleep...but seeing the sun come up would be awesome.

My DH and I will be there 5/6 to 5/13..... We are coming from Montana. Flying on Alaska Airlines, Montana to SeaTac to LAX.... Got the tickets for $10.00 each (gotta LOVE air miles)

I took DS last June to DL for our first trip ever. So this May trip will be my second, but will be DH first trip. During this trip we are celebrating our 25th anniversary (of when we first met and started dating), Mothers Day, and it's the Honeymoon we never had. (Nope we didn't get a honeymoon, got married July 1997)

I was extremely heartbroken about the POTC being down while there and I just saw Small World is going to be down at that time also!!! OUCH!!!! That hurts a lot.... But I'm excited that Space Mountain will be open (it was scheduled to be down during the trip, but now isn't)

Ya, I might be bummed about ride closers, but I'm really looking forward to all the magic that Disneyland creates while there. Especially going to make the most of this trip since I found out yesterday that I will have surgery after I get back... (Get back late night of the 13th... Surgery on the 15th or 16th).....

Our first DL trip with the kids!

We are hoping to be there from about May 7-12. My little one turns 3 on May 12, so we want to get the chance to have her go for free. My older one is 5 and she is going to be soooo excited!

We will fly from Vancouver, but take one of the cheap cruises back. Not sure where we are staying yet, but I am leaning towards Grand Calif or DLH. Although I have heard good stuff about the HoJo too....

I booked my photo pass + today! I have plenty of time before I leave but my friend had some trouble with her Pass( received an odd mailout and not the pass) so I thought I might as well get it over and done with. I got the 'your item has been shipped email today. :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

We will be there 29/4-9/5 doing a split stay 5 nights Hojos and 5 nights at the DLH.
This is my (and our 3 kids) first overseas and Disney holiday but DH went to DL when he was 9, 28 years ago.

I've been planning this trip for the last 3 years so I'm extremely excited :cheer2:

We will be there 29/4-9/5 doing a split stay 5 nights Hojos and 5 nights at the DLH.
This is my (and our 3 kids) first overseas and Disney holiday but DH went to DL when he was 9, 28 years ago.

I've been planning this trip for the last 3 years so I'm extremely excited :cheer2:

How exciting! I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time. Doing a split stay is a great idea.

Well... another closure later in May, this time it's the Matterhorn. May 27 through mid August!

It's going to be a rough May/June period and I'm a little worried about Grad Nights and closures at Space and POTC. I was prepared for the closures but given those are really popular rides for the grads it might mean a lot more traffic elsewhere.
Grad nights affecting me are the Friday and Saturday (16+17th). DH wants to avoid Grad nights totally and not even go on the Friday to DCA :confused3

Booked at DLH arriving May 13 - 17! DH, DD 3 and me, last two trips were on Halloweentime, so excited to go!!

Ok, you guys are scaring me.... what are grad nights? And how will they affect my trip?

My DH and I are taking a long road trip from Alberta down to Disneyland for our anniversary. We'll be in the parks between May 12-16. I am finding that I am sometimes not able to see what room rates are on the Disney website. Is there an event going on during that time?

Just decided to give myself a birthday present of a May trip! Taking the kids in early May for a long weekend to celebrate my own birthday. Looking forward to seeing my happy place again!:wizard:

My friend and I decided last month to head down in May, we have airfare from YVR to LAX for only $300 rt! That's a good deal considering I usually leave from Seattle nowadays. We'll be there from the 3rd-8th and I'll be riding out the last few days of my annual pass which expires on the 17th I think. I've really loved having it, definitely worth the cost.

I got all my reservations sorted, we're eating at the Carnation Cafe, Blue Bayou (not sure what to expect while Pirates is down), Storytellers, Ariel's for World of Color, Big Thunder BBQ, and maybe one or two other cool places like the Rainforest Cafe. Leaving late on the 8th so we can maximize our time at the parks.

I think Indy is supposed to open on our last day so hopefully we can sneak on. I'll be on my usual Stitch hunt I think. Is he still hanging around the Animation building nowadays?

Topazure said:
My DH and I are taking a long road trip from Alberta down to Disneyland for our anniversary. We'll be in the parks between May 12-16. I am finding that I am sometimes not able to see what room rates are on the Disney website. Is there an event going on during that time?

Ya. We are going may 3rd-9th. Hoping that it will be less busy right after spring break.

How exciting! I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time. Doing a split stay is a great idea.

Well... another closure later in May, this time it's the Matterhorn. May 27 through mid August!

It's going to be a rough May/June period and I'm a little worried about Grad Nights and closures at Space and POTC. I was prepared for the closures but given those are really popular rides for the grads it might mean a lot more traffic elsewhere.
Grad nights affecting me are the Friday and Saturday (16+17th). DH wants to avoid Grad nights totally and not even go on the Friday to DCA :confused3

To follow up with my post, I received my Photo Pass+ last week so it took less than two weeks to arrive in Vancouver, Canada. Not bad! :banana:

We will be there May 14 - 16. At first I was upset about all the announced closures, but I've come to realize that nothing is set in stone as far as refurbishments, so time will tick by until everything's "official".

I have Blue Bayou ressies on the 14th, with backup ressies at New Orleans cafe - and will just cancel Blue Bayou if necessary.

I also booked World of Color dining package on the 16th, and I figure that's probably a good move, since it's grad night and might be a little crazy if we tried to see the show without the reserved viewing.

Official refurb schedule is only out until April 29th on the Disney website, so I'll bide my time for a couple more weeks and then see what's what.

It's going to be a great time regardless!!! :cheer2:

My husband and I will be there May 10-15 with our twin 5 year old sons. This will be the first Disney trip for everyone. We are staying at a condo on Walnut St, within walking distance. I'd like some advice on whether to get 4-day park hopper tickets or just regular 4-day tickets. It looks like magic mornings come with both. The hopper tickets will cost us an additional $140. Is it worth it? Thanks!

My husband and I will be there May 10-15 with our twin 5 year old sons. This will be the first Disney trip for everyone. We are staying at a condo on Walnut St, within walking distance. I'd like some advice on whether to get 4-day park hopper tickets or just regular 4-day tickets. It looks like magic mornings come with both. The hopper tickets will cost us an additional $140. Is it worth it? Thanks!

We will see you there. That is the exact time we will be there but staying at PPH. We got park hoppers just in case my son really wants to do something in one park and we're stuck at the other park all day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter