~* May 2014 *~ I'm going, are you?!

sweethannah

Rebel Spy, 3 times in a row!
I've seen A LOT of people talking about going in May and seeing 'May 2014' in sigs but I haven't seen an Official May Visit thread yet so:

pixiedust:WELCOME!!!pixiedust:

DH, DD9 and I will be visiting Disney from the 14 - 21 May, a Wednesday to a Wednesday. This will be our 3rd visit in the last 4 years and I think we will be taking a hiatus after this trip. This will be our first trip without dear Grandma so we will be a bit more footloose and fancy free. We will be staying at the Howard Johnson, which seems to be a popular trend amongst the May departure group. ;)

We will also be celebrating our anniversary while we are in DL :love:

I've noticed a LOT of Vancouverites and BC folk talking about May trips so an extra special welcome to you:thumbsup2.

I would love to read about your strategies for Grad Nights ( if applicable ) and all the possible closures coming up.

Our plans are May 16/17/18, arriving the 15th from Puget Sound-area WA (not quite BC but close!) and leaving the 19th to catch the Disney Wonder in San Diego (which will drop us back in, you guessed it, Vancouver!).

I'm disappointed most in the Pirates closure, and haven't told my husband yet (may even play dumb!). Blue Bayou is almost sacred to my visits going back to my own childhood, so missing out will hurt :( Our last visit was 2010 so lots has changed, we'll still have much to see and enjoy.

I've decided not to stress about Grads, our kids are young (8,5,2) so we'll be in early and can do lots in the earlier hours. We'll just keep flexible with our plans.

Our family will be there May 20-25, coming from Hawaii via San Ramon, Ca.(DelaSalle Graduation) May16-20. Myself, DW, DAS(7), DAD(5), DFD(6) staying at the Grand Californian,3rd Disneyland trip with kids.

We're going Sunday, May 4th through Friday, May 9th. Arriving in the afternoon on Sunday, doing dinner at Rainforest, then getting a good night's sleep before hitting the parks Monday - Friday. Staying at the Best Western Stovall's on the first night, then checking into either Paradise Pier or the Disneyland Hotel in time to get Early Entry on our first park day. We're coming from Edmonds (just north of Seattle).

My strategy for grad nights? Avoid them.... Find out what day they start, then plan your trip a week or two before.

Really peeved at the number of refurbs going on during our dates. I figured being that close to peak season, they'd have everything done by then....guess my plan backfired.

We will be there May 18 - 22nd. This will our first trip to DL and probably only trip. It is just me and DH. I am getting really down about the ride closures also. I understand that there will always be some but seems to be a lot of biggies. Oh well, it is still Disney and I know we will have a great time.

We'll be there, the 11th(for Mothers Day) through the 17th.

We're not worried about closures--we'll just take advantage of everything we can, and have a wonderful time!:thumbsup2

Whoo-Hoo:cool1:, I've been waiting for this thread because I've been planning my May trip for the last 18 months! We'll be there May 10-15, celebrating my big 4-0:scared1:, Mother's Day, and DS's 11th b-day, we're so excited.

I can't help but feel responsible for the POTC refurb being delayed because I swear I'm cursed when it comes to that ride!! I haven't been able to ride it since 1999 because it's been down every time I've been to DL since. My poor kids have never been able to ride it. We're super disappointed, but trying to remain positive. The kids have been walking around the house singing "yo ho, yo ho, no pirates life for me!!":rotfl: Crossing our fingers that BTMR is finally up by then, and this is our first trip since Cars Land opened, so we have plenty to look forward to.

Oh, and my strategy for grad nights...be in the car on the way home when the first one starts on the 16th:lmao:.

Woo Hoo! A May thread! :cool1:

We're going May 4-9 staying at the HOJO

It will be me, my dh, dd 7, ds 3, and my MIL.

Looking forward to having people to countdown the days with!!

I haven't been since last May and having major Disney withdrawals!

DH and I are going 5/12 -5/15. My first time back to DL in 27 yrs. DH has never been to the west coast. To say I'm excited is an understatement.

We're going May 6-11 to celebrate my (Christie) graduation with my doctorate (DMin)!!!

Also going is my DH, DS 23 (He'll turn 24 while there), DD 4 & DS 2. Plus, my mom & stepdad.

I lurk on the disneyland section of the Disboards EVERYDAY. It is the only thing that's getting me through my dissertation.

Nothing but happy & blessed to be going & experience whatever attractions are open.

I don't post a lot, so thanks to all on these board show have helped me plan!

(Back to lurking!)

We are flying down from Seattle for May 3-10 and staying at the HOJO.

It's actually just my daughter (7), my parents, and I that are booked. My husband is still thinking about it. We did Disneyland last April and he is not sure if he can take another trip to Disney so soon. :confused3 Yeah, he does not sure the same love for Disney that my daughter and I do. :) Strange, I know. :)

I am so excited. Despite the ride closures (we are so bummed about Soarin'), we are going to have a blast. My plan this year is to not really plan much and just go and have fun. Although I will make some dining reservations and an appointment at Disney 365 for my dd.

May can't come soon enough!!!

I have a trip to DL booked in May over Memorial Day weekend, but am having second thoughts now due to learning about Grad days and closures. This will be our first trip to DL. Should we consider going another time?

We (DH, 4 kids and I) will be there May 12-16th. We will probably only do DLP and CA on the 13th and 14th, unless I can talk my DH into doing one more day (he is not an enthusiast). I've never been before and neither have my kids. We tried to go once when I was a kid and DL was closed (is that possible? or were my parents lying?). We ended up at Knott's Berry Farm instead.

At any rate, I am super excited as are my kids (ages 2-13). How does everyone know POTC will be refurbished in May? The attraction map makes no mention of it (is there hope?).

We're coming down from Vancouver BC from May 13-18!! Staying at the BW Stovall's Inn this time.

We have 2 grad nights over our trip & I'm just going to follow the advice posted on the other threads here. Do DL early in the day, DCA mid day to eve & back to DL in the evening when the grads go over to DCA (with a break in there somewhere). We've done grad night before back when it was in DL & I didn't find the kids all that bothersome. I personally found it worse in the afternoons/evenings over spring break. We will go in expecting the worst & hope for the best!!!! :)

P.S. We usually stay at the HoJo & will miss it this time! This will be our 2nd stay with the Stovall's Inn.

Me and my DH will be there May 17th to the 22nd. We are staying at the Paradise Pier, first time staying on site:cool1:. We are celebrating our 10th
Anniversary :love: and DH's 60th birthday:woohoo:

Arriving April 29th and staying til May 6th over here! Trip number 9 for me, 3rd for the husband, 2nd for our oldest and 1st for our 8 month old! SO excited despite all the possible closures :)

we are tentatively planning the 5-10th :-) can someone point me to the most updated refurb list? its my our first time so I want to make sure that the stuff we really want to see isn't closed :-)

We are planning a trip to DL May 17-24. After a busy school year with my DD, I can't imagine NOT having a nice visit to our happy place!!! :goodvibes

Well I was planning a May trip, but I had to cancel it due to some health issues. But good thing, Disneyland is not going anywhere and soon as I am healthy enough, I will be there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter