~* May 2014 *~ I'm going, are you?!

I will be there from May 7th to the 10th with my DH, and our two sons, 22 and 19. Using DVC points at the GC, and it will be the first visit for all of us! We are WDW vets, so I can't wait to see the "original"! We're movin on up to Beverly Hills for the 5 days following. Hoping the 3 1/2 days I've allocated for DLR will be enough. Given all the closings, I expect it will be. :rolleyes: Like the rest of you, I am not thrilled, but we'll make the best of it.

Maybe half a day on the 15th after a conference, probably morning of 16th solo. Apartment shopping 17th and 18th with DD, maybe some DL thrown in there somewhere.

We are going the 25-31 it will be our family of 7 and our BFF's and and Goddaughters! We are all very excited! We are all staying at the Hojo!

We are going May 4th thru 7th, staying at the HoJo. This is our first trip as a family.
My son is 4 and my daughter is 3. Can't wait!

11th through the 17th at PPH - Woohooo! Was planning on the 12th (Monday) being our first day in the parks, but gonna bite the Sunday bullet so as to get on Space Mountain before it goes down. Also means we will have an off day during the week. Thinking of checking out Knotts.

We're going 1-4 for my sons second birthday. Cannot wait. Staying at red lion. And are probably going to try to do medivial times on Thursday my sons actual bday as my hubby has never been and then we have reservations for one of the mornings at goofys kitchen. And that's probably all well do in terms of ressies.

We'll be in the parks May 5-9th or maybe the 10th if we decide to take a one day break in the middle. We already purchased our 5 day park hopper passes and can't wait. It's our first time since having kids and our boys have no clue that they're going and won't until the morning we fly out! It will be our oldest son's 5th birthday a matter of days after we get home so we plan on celebrating his birthday at Disneyland. Our youngest still gets in free so we're lucky there. I can't wait to experience the parks while they are still young enough to believe in all the magic!

We're flying out of Seatac, but we're from the Vancouver, BC region too which it seems like where a lot of you are from! Howdy neighbours! ;)

We'll be in the parks May 5-9th or maybe the 10th if we decide to take a one day break in the middle. We already purchased our 5 day park hopper passes and can't wait. It's our first time since having kids and our boys have no clue that they're going and won't until the morning we fly out! It will be our oldest son's 5th birthday a matter of days after we get home so we plan on celebrating his birthday at Disneyland. Our youngest still gets in free so we're lucky there. I can't wait to experience the parks while they are still young enough to believe in all the magic!

We're flying out of Seatac, but we're from the Vancouver, BC region too which it seems like where a lot of you are from! Howdy neighbours! ;)
Howdy, we're flying out of SeaTac on the 5th as well!

We are going May 11-15! I'm so excited!! Couldn't imagine a better Mother's Day!!!! We drive up on the 11th, planning to go to parks that evening, then drive home on the 15th but may visit the parks for a little bit in the morning - if our feet can stand it!! We're getting annual passes so want to get as much out of them as we can!!!

We're planning to surprise our kids. They always say they want to go to Disneyland "Right Now!" So hoping we can coax it out of them and say "Okay, let's go!"

I emailed Disney about the BB and POTC and this was the reply:

Me:

"Hi. I've made a reservation for the Blue Bayou at Disneyland for May
2nd. Yet, I've heard that the Pirates of the Caribbean will be closed
for refurbishment from 4/28 to 5/22. Will the Blue Bayou still be open?
Or has the Pirates refurbishment been pushed back? I would assume since
my reservation was made, it will be open.

Thanks!"

Them:

"Thank you for your e-mail to the DISNEYLAND® Resort.

You will be pleased to know that the Blue Bayou Restaurant will be
available during the Pirates of the Caribbean refurbishment.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write. We hope you will have the
opportunity to visit the DISNEYLAND® Resort soon and trust your visit
will be pleasant in all regards."

Well...we are now out for this year! We just don't want to miss things due to the rehabs! We have decided to go in May of next year instead. Hopefully, with the anniversary, there will be fewer attractions down. It will probably be our only DL trip, so we want to experience as much as possible. Don't feel too sorry for us, though! We will be headed to DW & the beach this year during what would have been our DL week!:)

I'm going May 29 thru June 2. First trip for my son.

A bit worried about the closures of Space & Matterhorn, then add Grad days.

Will make the best of it!

I emailed Disney about the BB and POTC and this was the reply:

Me:

"Hi. I've made a reservation for the Blue Bayou at Disneyland for May
2nd. Yet, I've heard that the Pirates of the Caribbean will be closed
for refurbishment from 4/28 to 5/22. Will the Blue Bayou still be open?
Or has the Pirates refurbishment been pushed back? I would assume since
my reservation was made, it will be open.

Thanks!"

Them:

"Thank you for your e-mail to the DISNEYLAND® Resort.

You will be pleased to know that the Blue Bayou Restaurant will be
available during the Pirates of the Caribbean refurbishment.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write. We hope you will have the
opportunity to visit the DISNEYLAND® Resort soon and trust your visit
will be pleasant in all regards."

Heeey we have reservations for the 2nd too for our 5th anniversary!!! What time are you going? Haha.

Will be there for our first trip May 28-June 4. We are totally pumped. Have been to WDW 4 times and are so excited about DL and DCA!!! But...to say we are BITTER that so many main attractions will be down at this time is an understatement!!! GRR, Space, and Matterhorn down in summer??? Are you kidding me!!! This is insane!!!

The countdown is down to 35 days for our May trip!! I'm getting so excited. All our planning is done except booking the Fantasmic dessert package and the walk in Walt tour. I can't believe I can book those next week!! It's getting close!

Woot! Staying at the Hilton! BB dinner reservation on May 24th! Excited and a bit nervous about the 24 hour event....still think we are a bit crazy! LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter