May 2003 adults and solo to wdw

Helle everyone!

My name is Rene, I am a 22 year old student from Germany and will be staying at the Walt Disney World Resort from May 10th to May 14th. I would like to meet someone nice from the forum during my stay for having some fun at the themeparks or checking out Pleasure Island. Well, maybe I should write something about myself so that you can make yourself an impression of me. As I said I am 22 years old and I am currently a college student for business and administration, but I will change my major after the summer (maybe psychology). I am interested in reading good books and I like to listen to good-music (non-mainstream pref.). I am a good listener and very easy to get a long with. I love to have a good conversation and can talk for hours.

Ok, maybe someone is at the park between May 10th and the 14th and would like to meet me, because its my second visit after 4 years (!) and I don't wanna check out the rides alone. I will arrive in Orlando next Monday, so if we want to set up something you have to hurry, because I will depart on Sunday.

Jus send me an email and we'll see (email addy is in my profile).
Have fun at the parks,
Rene

Monday this week ...I can wait until fall. Wednesday what kind of a AP rate can I get if I wanted to go in May. Today fast trip good AP rate great airfare and vacation set.
Quick long weekend May 14th thru 19th.
RussH

I've posted on a couple of the May threads. Trying to get some people together last week of May.
2 possibilities
Sunday evening 5/25 between 6&7 at the Poly.
Thursday 5/29 somewhere at PI around 8.

Anyone up for a meet?

this is it for me:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:
i can't believe my trip is finally here:D i leave in about 10 hours, should get some sleep but probably won't;) i hope everyone has a blast on their may trip. make sure to come back and share your adventures:D i will be keeping my eyes open for lime green ribbons. this is really an adventure for me, one that i'd never have guessed i'd take. my dh passed away a year ago , he was only 47, so i never had dreamt of going anywhere solo. we had taken our 1st trip to wdw together in 2000 and i am so glad we had this special memory together. dd is going back with me in dec, but for now it is just ME, have fun everyone:D

katypop:D

Originally posted by katypop
this is it for me:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:
i can't believe my trip is finally here:D i leave in about 10 hours, should get some sleep but probably won't;)

katypop:D

Have a blast and update us on your return!

Another semi-solo trip for me, May 7th thru May 19th. My son and his girlfriend will be with me for the first 7 days. The last 6 I'll be on my own.

I'm staying 3 nights each at the AKL and BC and then moving to CS for the last 6 nights. I can usually be found at the pin trading station at EPCOT or just sitting near the fountain and smiling. :teeth:

I am sooo ready to leave Massachusetts. Another looooong winter and spring (what spring??) has been awful. Here it is April 27th and it's only 40 degrees out. ICK! :mad:

The next 9 days can't pass quickly enough!

Roberta
*Imagine... only 9 days, 23 hours and 37 minutes!*

Hi we are going to be in WdW on 05/25-> 05/30.
Staying at AKL first time there- wanted Riverside but got bounced up
also first time w/o Kids relly looking forward to it. Want to see if we are still some kid inside.

Originally posted by treehouser
Hi we are going to be in WdW on 05/25-> 05/30.
Staying at AKL first time there- wanted Riverside but got bounced up
also first time w/o Kids relly looking forward to it. Want to see if we are still some kid inside.
What is your anniversary date? DW & I will be there at the same time fpr our 29th. Actually missing it a little as anniversary date for us is 5/18.
First time for us on our own since our Honeymoon in 1974. We'' be at the Poly. Had resis at POFQ but got bumped when they decided to close it for renovations.

treehouser.........just noticed you are from Vermont. My wife's family is from the St Johnsbury area originally. Still a few up there.

Hello all,

I am thinking about doing a solo trip 5/23-5/26 Memorial Day weekend. I would most likely be at ASMusic. Are there any DISmeets going on or if anyone else just wants to hang-out and do the parks, that would be great.

Sam

Trip is for Anniversary #25 but just b-4 it . ( 6-3-78 was the date)
we are from the west side of VT. Burlington Area. Grew up in central VT
little town - castleton. St J. is a nice town ( still ) some have really grown- too much
We tried to get the PR but it was filled - so we got a great deal at AKL.
we are planning on seeing Hermin's Hermits on Monday at Epcot.
VERY excited to go back for the 4th time.

same here on Hermans Hermits treehouser. We plan on catching the 5:45 show. Hope to see you around Epcot during the day.
P.S. wear your lime green ribbon so we know your a DISer
Me and DW will be wearing ours.

Do you know about the re-hitch ceremony they have at the Garden Grill at EPCOT. Fun vow renewal with Mickey & Minnie. I'm surprising DW with it on 5/26 also.

I am a bit slow - my brain has not thawed out yet from the winter. Help me with the lime green ribbon thing??

Originally posted by OhioMark
I am a bit slow - my brain has not thawed out yet from the winter. Help me with the lime green ribbon thing??
It's how one DISer can recognize another DISer. Wear the lime green ribbon and introduce yourself to anyone you see wearing one.

Do you wear the ribbon on your wrist, pin it on your shirt in a particular configuration, etc

Originally posted by OhioMark
Do you wear the ribbon on your wrist, pin it on your shirt in a particular configuration, etc
You can put it anywhere it would be noticable. you could pin it to your shirt, tie it to a stroller [if you have a child with you]. Pin it to your hat [if you are wearing one]

As I said anywhere you think it might be noticed.

You could also go to Home Depot and get an Alien Green paint sample [it's in the shape of Mickey's Head]. Write your dis name on it and make it into a badge to wear. [put in in one of those clear acetate holders with a pin in back that usually has a card in it that says "Hello My Name is____________.]

Hi everybody!

I joined the DIS boards a few months back when DH and I were going on a DCL cruise. I signed up because I'd heard the DIS cruise board was the best (and it is!). But I never had much time to visit other parts of the board, until now, so I was thrilled to find this section.

DH and I are a childless couple (except for four furry babies), married just over five years (together much longer before that!). We're heading to WDW for a short trip May 15-18 and will be staying at the Contemporary thru Shades of Green. DH is retired military.

I'll be looking for those green ribbons/name tags.

Rose :D

You can also tie them around your drink. Everyone will notice that!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter