MaxPass / Digital Fastpass - Discussion Thread

Anyone recently use maxpass and rider swap together? I know they had quite a few bugs to work out and I would be interested how your experience was using it?

Anyone have tips on how to maximize MP for a one-day park hopper scenario? We are going to try to hit the best of both parks and think MP is a great option for making it happen. The attractions we want to experience are:

Disneyland
Peter Pan
Space Mountain
Indiana Jones
Pirates of the Caribbean
Splash Mountain
Big Thunder
Haunted Mansion
Disneyland Railroad
Fireworks 9:30 PM

California Adventure
Guardians of the Galaxy
Radiator Springs Racers
Grizzly River Rapids
Soarin
Toy Story Mania
California Screamin
World of Color 9:00 PM

Anyone touring plan geniuses want to take a stab at this? Even just general recommendations are welcome! We will be there on August 20th when both parks open at 8:00. We are also doing lunch from 12:15-1:30 at Disneyland.

Thanks for any advice you can give!
We did all you mention and more on one day this past Sunday. It was DCA early entry, and we went straight to Radiator Springs and then Soarin'. It was about 7:40am at that time and we hopped to DL. We ended up in a decent spot at rope drop and went to Peter Pan, Storybookland, and Matterhorn (we had max passed that upon entering DCA).

I won't describe our whole day, but that was our start. We fast passed Indy fairly early along with Thunder and Splash. The key to the second half of your list was getting Guardians FP for the afternoon and aligning it with Grizzly.

The only thing we didn't do on your list on second review was World of Color.

Question about EMH/EE and MaxPass return times ....

I know a couple of rides in each park are issuing MaxPasses during the EMH hour. Are the return times for those EMH passes during the EMH/EE hour, or does the window begin after regular park open?

For example, if I enter DL at an 8:00 EE and get a MaxPass for Matterhorn right away, will the return time be 8:00-9:00, or 9:00-10:00?

Thanks,
PHXscuba
We got a FP for Matterhorn for 8:30 upon entering DCA at 7am. There were no FPs available before then.

Just returned from our Sat Aug 5 trip. Rope drop till they kicked us out still trying to shop. We really loved Max Pass. We are a family of 4 with parents and 2 teenage daughters. We were able to ride everything we wanted multiple times. Space, BTMRR, Indy and Matterhorn 3X! (Splash only 2X, I was soaked!) It saved my runner (DH) as we managed to log 13 miles anyway. We have been to DL multiple times and we know what we like to do and don't fuss with some of the other things but we had plenty of time. The longest line we stood in was for the Railroad at 30 minutes since it recently reopened. We liked having the photo pass option as we find the on-ride photos amusing. I just took pictures of the photo number and entered them later in the app. It was funny trying to get information from some of the cast members as we kept trying to relate the function of the Max Pass to the magic bands and very few knew how the bands worked. (We also kept thinking BTMRR was on the other side of the Rivers of America!) The photo part is much the same except you have to physically put the number in the app and not just scan the band. We never used the paper tickets they gave us at the gate as my husband would walk to the fastpass scanner and would just flip through our 4 tickets on his phone and they scanned right away. Easy Peasy! We saw a lot of people scanning their phones in the fastpass line when we were there so maybe this is catching on. We made it a point to always have a pass in hand. Yay Disney! That was Fun!
I enjoyed my most efficient day ever at DL and DCA this past Sunday after 12 previous multi-day trips going back to 2004. We got to DCA at 6:30am for early entry and left DL at midnight. I used to be a manic FP runner and was worried about my style being crimped by MP. I shouldn't have worried as I am now a MP addict. We rode/visited 36 attractions and fast passed 16 of them. Just like you said, our longest wait all day was the Railroad. The 30-90 minute window is great as we could really book some nice plans. My only complaint was not being able to book a second FP for a ride that I already had a FP for even though my window was open (I.e., book two open Space FPs).

One humorous moment was after I redeemed my first MP, a cast member asked me to help another guest navigate her app. I was happy to help!

I'm trying to figure this out for a group. If one person purchases the max pass for everyone, is the purchaser the only one who can book FP on the app? Also, if the purchaser books the FP, it sounds like individuals can use their actual ticket to enter the FP line. Am I close?

Going on a very impromptu trip to DL this coming week. We bought tickets just yesterday and have to pick them up at the park. We do have MaxPass, but how do I go about getting those tickets "into my phone" so that I can book the MPs. Sorry if this is simple it's my first trip to DL...rookie "Disneylander" coming in hot!

Going on a very impromptu trip to DL this coming week. We bought tickets just yesterday and have to pick them up at the park. We do have MaxPass, but how do I go about getting those tickets "into my phone" so that I can book the MPs. Sorry if this is simple it's my first trip to DL...rookie "Disneylander" coming in hot!

You can scan your tickets into the Disneyland App once you get them, you should be able to use MP just fine after scanning them in.

Please confirm if you can be holding multiple fast passes for rides. The other thread said someone booked multiple FPs during a break at their hotel but I'm wondering if it was a combo of shows plus one ride/person.

Please confirm if you can be holding multiple fast passes for rides. The other thread said someone booked multiple FPs during a break at their hotel but I'm wondering if it was a combo of shows plus one ride/person.

I have not tried MP in person yet (2 more weeks!), but I've been following along. From what I understand, you can most certainly be holding more than one fastpass/MP at the same time, but not two fastpasses (at the same time) for the same ride.

I have not tried MP in person yet (2 more weeks!), but I've been following along. From what I understand, you can most certainly be holding more than one fastpass/MP at the same time, but not two fastpasses (at the same time) for the same ride.
Well that is frickin awesome. Thank you!

I haven't used it yet but from what I've read I think you still have a minimum time to wait before you can book another FP unless you've used the current one you're holding. I believe it's 90 minutes with MP and 2 hours with regular FP but I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong!

I haven't used it yet but from what I've read I think you still have a minimum time to wait before you can book another FP unless you've used the current one you're holding. I believe it's 90 minutes with MP and 2 hours with regular FP but I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong!

Yes, you have to wait 90 mins or until you use your fastpass. Fastpasses are linked via your ticket so it doesn't matter whether you pull them from a machine or your phone....only one at a time. People with no maxpass the wait is 2 hours.

If you have maxpass, you can scan your ticket or phone in line and then while you are waiting, book another fastpass immediately. Without maxpass, you have to wait until you are off the ride to physically go to another fastpass location and pull one.

Yes, you have to wait 90 mins or until you use your fastpass. Fastpasses are linked via your ticket so it doesn't matter whether you pull them from a machine or your phone....only one at a time. People with no maxpass the wait is 2 hours.

If you have maxpass, you can scan your ticket or phone in line and then while you are waiting, book another fastpass immediately. Without maxpass, you have to wait until you are off the ride to physically go to another fastpass location and pull one.
That's what I thought! Thanks for confirming that.

That's what I thought! Thanks for confirming that.

I was able to hold two FP at a time much of the time during my trip. When I left DL for our afternoon break, I pulled a GotG FP which had a return time of later that evening. Back at the hotel, the 90 mins had passed, so I pulled another one for Space, I think. When I went back into the park, I had two FP to use and was eligible to pull another. You just can't hold two FP for the same ride.

I was able to hold two FP at a time much of the time during my trip. When I left DL for our afternoon break, I pulled a GotG FP which had a return time of later that evening. Back at the hotel, the 90 mins had passed, so I pulled another one for Space, I think. When I went back into the park, I had two FP to use and was eligible to pull another. You just can't hold two FP for the same ride.

Yes, I suppose you could have 2 at once if the return time on your first ticket is after 90 min. Only then can you can hold 2 at a time...but you just can't pull 2 at once with maxpass. That is what I was trying to say.

Does anyone have any recent experience of the wifi in the parks?
I'd like to use MaxPass but as I'm travelling internationally, I'd need to hit the wifi hot spots to connect and use my phone

Does anyone have any recent experience of the wifi in the parks?
I'd like to use MaxPass but as I'm travelling internationally, I'd need to hit the wifi hot spots to connect and use my phone

Wifi is pretty unreliable in the parks.

However, there are spots in the park that have better signal strength.
The strongest areas are labeled on the park map.
and here...
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/guest-services/internet-wifi/

ME

Yes, I suppose you could have 2 at once if the return time on your first ticket is after 90 min. Only then can you can hold 2 at a time...

^^^^
Or if the return time window opened up, but that's always been the case, Max Pass or not. You don't have to USE your FP to pull another one; your window just needs to have opened up, so holding two fast passes at a time has always been doable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter