MaxPass / Digital Fastpass - Discussion Thread

Can anyone tell me if you can have this set up on two or more phones and if so, how? We'll have a party of 8 and it would be nice if both myself and my BIL could have access on our apps, especially since we have 2 different phone services so if one isn't getting service, maybe the other one will. And if we split up, it would be nice to know that we don't have to rely on just one person to make MP reservations for each party.

So going next week for three days..

My daughter uses the DAS Pass. Would it beneficial to also do Maxpass? Has anyone used both systems together yet?

We are staying at the Candy cane and and I heard you could book from your room there. Is that true?

Does having the mazes mean I don't have to pull our passes out overtime? Mine are on my phone too.

We use a combination of DAS and MP. For rides with a short/relatively short return time, MP works very well for us. No need for DAS in those situations, and MP then saves us a walk to the nearest information kiosk. For rides without FP or with long wait times (or if FP has run out for the day), we use DAS. Overall, we find that the combination of DAS and MP works very well for our family based on our needs and our touring style. If you are thinkng of buying MP (i.e. if it doesn't come included on your APs), you might want to try it for one day to see if it works well for you. If not, at least you won't be committed for your whole trip. And if it does work well, then you could purchase it for your other days, too.
Yes, once you clear the turnstiles at either park and purchase MP, you will be able to book FPs from the parks or from your hotel room.
If you have the DLR app on your phone and have your tickets/APs scanned on to your app, you will be able to use your phone to scan the bar codes at the ride scanners. Your APs/tickets can remain in your wallet.

Can anyone tell me if you can have this set up on two or more phones and if so, how? We'll have a party of 8 and it would be nice if both myself and my BIL could have access on our apps, especially since we have 2 different phone services so if one isn't getting service, maybe the other one will. And if we split up, it would be nice to know that we don't have to rely on just one person to make MP reservations for each party.

Make sure that everyone who wants to set this up on their phone has the DLR app ready to go. Then make sure that all the tickets are scanned in on each phone and that each ticket has MP purchased and activated (can only be activated after each ticket has gone through the turnstiles at either park). The app gives you the option to create a FP party, so all 8 of you can be one group on your phone and on BIL's phone. The process is pretty clear and easy. We just did this the other day, and it worked fine.

Last edited:
Haven't read this whole thread :eek:

I think I am going to get MaxPass. I have an AP and 3 trips coming. Mostly interested in it for the Photopass.
Will everyone in my party be able to use that part of it? Do they just get a card to use?
TIA

Haven't read this whole thread :eek:

I think I am going to get MaxPass. I have an AP and 3 trips coming. Mostly interested in it for the Photopass.
Will everyone in my party be able to use that part of it? Do they just get a card to use?
TIA
Yes. Just load the code from their PhotoPass card into your account and you'll be able to access the pictures.

Just back. Did DL for 2 days and CA for 1. So had 3 day passes. Just a few thoughts on Maxpass.

I wasn't able to attach names to individual tickets like you can at Disney World, I found this to be annoying. My husband and I split up and had different kids with us each time and I had to remember which serial number ticket matched which child. I also had a 14-year-old teenager running around the park by himself. I was afraid if I let him use Maxpass he might use the wrong serial numbered ticket and cancel other party member's fastpasses. Names linked to tickets, like they do at WDW, would have made this so much easier.

Also, I have T-mobile and it was spotty in the park. Sometimes I could book FPs with no problems, other times I'd have to wander around to find a WIFI hotspot.

WIFI Hotspots. Followed the map to a WIFI hotspot and it wasn't working. Asked a CM, and she said the one in Tomorrowland has been having problems and so I should try a different one.

Despite all the problems I would probably buy it again at the $10 price tag. It was convenient. Booked FPs while eating lunch, from our hotel, or while getting on another ride. But I have to say I really missed magic bands and WDWs WIFI :-)

I was at the park yesterday. I love max pass, it made life so easy and not was stressful. I am so so happy that they have it

Just back. Did DL for 2 days and CA for 1. So had 3 day passes. Just a few thoughts on Maxpass.

I wasn't able to attach names to individual tickets like you can at Disney World, I found this to be annoying. My husband and I split up and had different kids with us each time and I had to remember which serial number ticket matched which child. I also had a 14-year-old teenager running around the park by himself. I was afraid if I let him use Maxpass he might use the wrong serial numbered ticket and cancel other party member's fastpasses. Names linked to tickets, like they do at WDW, would have made this so much easier.

Also, I have T-mobile and it was spotty in the park. Sometimes I could book FPs with no problems, other times I'd have to wander around to find a WIFI hotspot.

WIFI Hotspots. Followed the map to a WIFI hotspot and it wasn't working. Asked a CM, and she said the one in Tomorrowland has been having problems and so I should try a different one.

Despite all the problems I would probably buy it again at the $10 price tag. It was convenient. Booked FPs while eating lunch, from our hotel, or while getting on another ride. But I have to say I really missed magic bands and WDWs WIFI :-)

When I loaded DH's pre-bought ticket onto my app last night (for our visit next week) it gave me the option of adding his name to it.

PHXscuba

For those that had Maxpass with a family or friends - how does it work when you purchase multiple Maxpasses in one app? Can you select all the tickets in our app and get a fastpass all at once or do you have to do each one individually?

For those that had Maxpass with a family or friends - how does it work when you purchase multiple Maxpasses in one app? Can you select all the tickets in our app and get a fastpass all at once or do you have to do each one individually?

You can get a FP for all the passes/tickets linked on your app at once.

We used MaxPass last week for our family of 4. It was awesome. A few notes:

* I was able to add names to all of our tickets when I scanned them into the app
* As soon as the tickets were scanned by the CM at the turnstile, I could book our first fastpass - the window was always 30 minutes after park opening
* I could very easily book FPs for select members of our party
* I could very easily cancel
* I turned off my phone's WiFi as I didn't want it wasting battery trying to locate a signal. Surprisingly, my battery never ran out even for all day-use.
* The only places I did not have a signal to book FPs were inside rides (like while riding Pirates)
* I had us each carry photocopies of our paper tickets in clear cases attached to lanyards. When we approached a ride, we could each go to an open scanner and scan ourselves in. My 5 years olds LOVED being able to do this. This made it so I could manage the FPs, but didn't have to be present with my phone for the actual ride (e.g. I booked my husband and kids on Star Tours and off they went with their photocopied park tickets while I kept my phone and rode Buzz and then booked us all on Splash as soon as we had each scanned into the ride)

Last edited:
Sorry if this has been asked before, I have been trying to stay current on this thread. I read that you can enter one park and get a FP for another park, is that correct? Does it matter what time the parks open? For example, if I get into DL at 8 with EE, can I pull a FP for RSR right then at 8 am, even though CA is not open yet (doesn't open till 9)? Thanks!

Heading home now ... tried maxpass on Sunday and LOVED it. I've been super annoyed that they are charging for it because it really adds up for my family of six. But, I really did love it. We didn't need it yesterday or today b/c we had non-FP rides we wanted to hit and left early today. I still missed it. If we had just gotten our APs I would pay for the upgrade, but with less than 1/2 a year left I just couldn't justify the extra $450.
Anyway, i tried it, loved it and will buy it on select days on future visits.

Can you upgrade an AP to include MP over the phone? We bought our AP's 10 days before MP was introduced. What is the latest process for adding? I think if we do the daily option I can do that on my phone, right?

Last edited:
We used Maxpass today and it was great. It was just me and my daughter so a great value of only $20.
We got to the park at 10:30. GoG was showing a 1:40 FP return time but I bought and loaded maxpass as soon as I walked through the gates and my FP return time was immediate....10:35 return time! So does this mean Maxpass pulls from a separate pool of fast passes? Glitch?
Many times I pulled a fast pass before even loading onto my first ride and I was able to hold 2 fast passes for most o f the day. We got so much done, it was exhausting! I also found myself looking at my phone a bit more than normal and walking around distracted trying to snag my next FP. Wifi and Sprint service in the park sucks....I was very frustrated and had to reload the app many times to get it to work properly. BUT I can't complain for $20!

We used Maxpass today and it was great. It was just me and my daughter so a great value of only $20.
We got to the park at 10:30. GoG was showing a 1:40 FP return time but I bought and loaded maxpass as soon as I walked through the gates and my FP return time was immediate....10:35 return time! So does this mean Maxpass pulls from a separate pool of fast passes? Glitch?
Many times I pulled a fast pass before even loading onto my first ride and I was able to hold 2 fast passes for most o f the day. We got so much done, it was exhausting! I also found myself looking at my phone a bit more than normal and walking around distracted trying to snag my next FP. Wifi and Sprint service in the park sucks....I was very frustrated and had to reload the app many times to get it to work properly. BUT I can't complain for $20!
It means someone canceled a FP.

Sorry to ask this again if it has already been asked but I didn't see it in previous pages. If I get a FP for something in California adventure that is hours out (ex RR at 730p), does that limit my ability to get FP in Disneyland prior to that time period (ex Space Mtn at 130p) or do I have to wait the full 90 min after getting the RR FP?

Thanks

Sorry to ask this again if it has already been asked but I didn't see it in previous pages. If I get a FP for something in California adventure that is hours out (ex RR at 730p), does that limit my ability to get FP in Disneyland prior to that time period (ex Space Mtn at 130p) or do I have to wait the full 90 min after getting the RR FP?

Thanks

DL and DCA are connected now, so you will have to wait 90 min or use your current fastpass. WOC and F! are the only disconnected fastpasses and you have to get those in person still (no maxpass)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter