MaxPass / Digital Fastpass - Discussion Thread

I tried for 6/15-18 and I'm not seeing max pass. I am trying tickets alone or with a room(GCH)both online and app.

What am I missing?

I'm thinking the web site folks didn't know about the delay, and had the info up too soon. Now they've fixed it, but it still tells us something about their plans.

I just went to book our room for December 9-17 at the Disneyland Hotel, and when I try to add park tickets MaxPass is only showing up for 5-day ticket purchases with the Park Hopper option. It's not offered for the 2-4 day Park Hopper tickets nor the 2-5 day non-hopper tickets. Just 5-day Park Hopper. Huh, interesting!

And, this option is only good if you are booking a Disneyland resort room. I tested the system by trying to book a Good Neighbor hotel (Fairfield) for those same dates and MaxPass does not show up for any ticket option.

It also isn't showing any option to add MaxPass when just purchasing tickets.

Of course options are all subject to change and re-change again on Disney's website. ;)

Wow, it would be fantastic if it was included with an onsite stay. We rented DVC points to stay at the VGC in September. Fingers crossed.

I tried for 6/15-18 and I'm not seeing max pass. I am trying tickets alone or with a room(GCH)both online and app.

What am I missing?

You're not missing it. They've taken it down since about 4 hours ago. I put a sham reservation for September at GCH in my cart with tickets earlier this evening, and all tickets showed "with Maxx Pass". Just tried the same thing, and Maxx pass is gone from tickets. Boo.

Wow I am staying onsite and I bought my tickets 3rd party.
I wonder if this will include fastness.
Thanks
kerri

And still no word on annual passes and Max Pass.

I just decided an annual pass would be the way to go for my December trip (why they don't have tickets for more than five days, I don't know.) But as a solo traveler, I was thinking Maxx Pass woul he favorable for me.

I just decided an annual pass would be the way to go for my December trip (why they don't have tickets for more than five days, I don't know.) But as a solo traveler, I was thinking Maxx Pass woul he favorable for me.
I'm also waiting on this my DD20 purchased her AP but I'm still waiting to purchase my AP for our July trip. We will be there for 5 days so, this would beneficial to us.

IF it's true that MaxPass will be a day to day 'add on' I would assume it would be the same for APs.
I agree that the day to day option will probably be available to AP's, but we still need more info. The announcement blog post said that there would be an option to purchase it for the entire year, and the price for that hasn't been announced as far as I know. There has also been speculation that the upper-tier APs might have a different fee structure, or maybe even have MaxPass included for free, since those passes already have PhotoPass included, which reduces the value of MaxPass for those passholders. The fact that AP prices haven't been announced makes me doubt that the system will be going live in the immediate future.

There was a rumor swirling around that it might begin on 6/1. Yesterday (6/3), Max Pass was not operational.

I agree that the day to day option will probably be available to AP's, but we still need more info. The announcement blog post said that there would be an option to purchase it for the entire year, and the price for that hasn't been announced as far as I know. There has also been speculation that the upper-tier APs might have a different fee structure, or maybe even have MaxPass included for free, since those passes already have PhotoPass included, which reduces the value of MaxPass for those passholders. The fact that AP prices haven't been announced makes me doubt that the system will be going live in the immediate future.

Exactly. I have a Signature Pass and already get free PP. I renew late this month and have not heard anything further in regards to Max Pass. I want to know because the rest of my family only has Deluxe Passes and we may want to upgrade them if Max pass will be included in Signatures, rather than paying to add it on (depending on what it will cost, I want to choose the most cost effective option). It would be helpful to have some information about the costs for APs before I renew. Their silence on this matter is maddening.

That makes a lot of sense.

I'm not really too bothered whether there is MaxPass or not for our trip in September. I just hope that it's either implemented and well bedded down, or not implemented at all. Would hate for it to be active but have massive problems when we go!

This is exactly how I feel, although we will be in DL in July. We just bought our tickets from a 3rd party.

This is exactly how I feel, although we will be in DL in July. We just bought our tickets from a 3rd party.
I bought tickets from a third party already, and plan to stay onsite. I'll be disappointed if they include it for onsite stays, but assume I can add it if I want. I just have to remind myself I saved a lot of money buying from LMT before the price increase.

I bought tickets from a third party already, and plan to stay onsite. I'll be disappointed if they include it for onsite stays, but assume I can add it if I want. I just have to remind myself I saved a lot of money buying from LMT before the price increase.

That's where we bought our tickets too. We bought after the price increase , but their prices never changed so we did save a lot of money. I would love to stay at the DLH, but we had to spend so much on airfare that it is not in our budget for this trip.

We bought after the price increase , but their prices never changed so we did save a lot of money.

So that's what happened! I also purchased our tickets for July from LMT, but first I checked out other discount sellers. The LMT tickets were WAY cheaper than any other source. It actually made me nervous, because it seemed too good to be true. But I know LMT has a fantastic reputation on these boards so I went ahead and made the purchase. Now I know why they were so much cheaper than anywhere else. Thanks!

What's the chances that if we buy from a third party seller, that we could add MP if it actually happens before our trip (July 9th)? I know no one really knows, but I was curious if there has been anything similar in the past?

I think if you can add on MP regardless of where you buy your tickets. It sounds like they'll only be included on certain tickets/packages (if at all).

We're staying onsite in October but we booked the hotel without tickets (TA rate) I'm hopeful that we MP will be included on the 5 day park hoppers! Waiting to purchase them. Not sure I want to shell out $200 for the 4 of us for the trip. Will have to see how crowded and crazy it will be (Oct 7-13th) :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter