MaxPass / Digital Fastpass - Discussion Thread

This is unsubstantiated rumour via a DL attractions CM so take it for what it's worth. Supposedly MaxPass will have the ability to be added on a day by day basis. Apparently you'll be able to select 'activate' via the app at any point during the day for that day. Again, this is just rumour.

How else would it be done? Most people are only day guests...

I have heard WiFi reliability is still very spotty in the parks. I assume they are trying to get that working 100% before they roll out MaxPass.

I have heard WiFi reliability is still very spotty in the parks. I assume they are trying to get that working 100% before they roll out MaxPass.

That makes a lot of sense.

I'm not really too bothered whether there is MaxPass or not for our trip in September. I just hope that it's either implemented and well bedded down, or not implemented at all. Would hate for it to be active but have massive problems when we go!

That makes a lot of sense.

I'm not really too bothered whether there is MaxPass or not for our trip in September. I just hope that it's either implemented and well bedded down, or not implemented at all. Would hate for it to be active but have massive problems when we go!

I hear you we WDW vets and going to DL for the 1st time in July on way to Aulani. I don't want any new fastpass system. I'm trying to readjust my brain to just "old school" fastpass lol.
Don't want to think more and figure out new system LOL and then it dosent work right :-)
Keri

on maxi pass watch, 18 days until Im in the park . I really dont want it, no interest in it so I hope they start it AFTER my trip :(

I'm fairly certain no one will be forced to use it. There's speculation that you can still use the FP paper system vs the new electronic system

I hear you we WDW vets and going to DL for the 1st time in July on way to Aulani. I don't want any new fastpass system. I'm trying to readjust my brain to just "old school" fastpass lol.
Don't want to think more and figure out new system LOL and then it dosent work right :-)
Keri

It's not really a new system. It's just an add on that lets you obtain the FP electroncally vs. walking up and using a machine. It saves you the walking, that's all. It operates under the same set of rules as the machines.

The paper fastpass system won't change.

It's not really a new system. It's just an add on that lets you obtain the FP electroncally vs. walking up and using a machine. It saves you the walking, that's all. It operates under the same set of rules as the machines.

The paper fastpass system won't change.
So how do you get the fastpass? Smartphone app?
Thanks
Kerrri

This has maybe already been mentioned, but I can't find it. I did a search for staying on site July 1-8 and it says the tickets include MaxPass. I know the website isn't always reliable, just thought I would throw it out there.

This has maybe already been mentioned, but I can't find it. I did a search for staying on site July 1-8 and it says the tickets include MaxPass. I know the website isn't always reliable, just thought I would throw it out there.

Yep! Just did a search for mid July for DLH and tickets and it includes Max Pass so it must be coming soon!!!

This is also an unsubstantiated rumor from a CM - and we know how those can go.

I was told that the delay had to do with licensing/contract disputes between Disney and whatever company provides the PhotoPass service.

It looks like onsite guests don't have a choice if you buy your tickets as a package with your room: only option is to have Maxx Pass. So do we think this means Maxx Pass will be free to onsite guests?? Because for 4 Disney adults, the ticket price is the same if I buy the tickets from Disney directly as just a ticket (no Maxx pass option indicated/offered so far) or if I get them with a room package (Maxx pass included). I think that's what it means. I will be happy because we always stay on site and wanted to do Maxx Pass when it opens up, but $40/day was kind of steep. If this includes Photopass too for onsite guests at no upcharge, then I'm really excited!

It isn't just onsite guests, if you book a Good Neighbor hotel through the Disneyland web site the tickets now say "includes MaxPass". This is for stays starting as early as next week.

So now is it free to all hotel guests and they are just planning on charging locals?? This ought to cause some outrage. I guess we will just wait and see, as there is literally no information on the DLR site about Maxx Pass that I can find, even when I pretend to put tickets in my cart that include it.

So now is it free to all hotel guests and they are just planning on charging locals?? This ought to cause some outrage. I guess we will just wait and see, as there is literally no information on the DLR site about Maxx Pass that I can find, even when I pretend to put tickets in my cart that include it.

Well I'm not a local and I did not book my hotel through the Disney website and I am purchasing tickets from a 3rd party so..... clearly they are not giving it to me for free....
I'd compare it to WDW's perks for staying onsite. You're paying a premium to stay at an onsite hotel or to book a package at a good neighbor hotel through the Disney website.

Hmmm. We booked in March amanda are going in August. We booked through the Disney website staying at PPH and bought tickets through the website. I wonder if maxpass will be included?

I tried for 6/15-18 and I'm not seeing max pass. I am trying tickets alone or with a room(GCH)both online and app.

What am I missing?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter