Matching Family Outfits - Post Pictures!

Does your family dress alike at DW?

• Yes - it puts us in the Disney spirit!

• No way! That's not how we roll.

• We don't -- but I would if my spouse would let me.

• Kids only -- I have to act my age, you know!

Results are only viewable after voting.
So cute! My DH would never go for the whole family matching thing!!

My husband is actually the one who wants us to match! I think we are going to just do color coordination and not complete matching I don't want to add to the budget too much by buying matching sets of clothes for each day. So we're going to have a red day, blue day, yellor day, etc.

When DH was a kid, his mother would make matching plaid shirts for their whole family (3 brothers) to wear to theme parks.:eek: Oddly enough, it hasn't scarred him for life. In fact, HE was the one subtly hinting that we should have at least one matching whole-family T-shirt to wear to WDW. I am not a big matching person (except DDs occasionally), but I think I might have to go check out the DISigns board. I think I can get DS15 on board if we are ALL wearing the same shirt and I promise he never has to wear it outside of our trip.

PHXscuba

We do matching t-shirts or coordinating outfits on most if not all of our days in the parks. There are too many to post over the last 5 or 6 trips. You can see lots in our vacation videos in my signature.

Here's a couple:
P1080666.jpg

P1110047.jpg

Last May my brother-in-law didn't want to participate in the matching t-shirts b/c he didn't want to stand out. He hates being the center of attention. Well that was a mistake. Everywhere we went people kept asking him why we didn't get him the family t-shirt, thereby making him the real standout in the family. :rotfl2:

This year, I tried my hand at matching tye dye. They turned out cute, but that was a messy experiment. Think I'll order those from etsy next time. My husband rues the day I found etsy.com.

Graceesmom I checked out your youtube videos, they are really nice! I have been wanting to do something similar for years, what program do you use?

My husband is actually the one who wants us to match! I think we are going to just do color coordination and not complete matching I don't want to add to the budget too much by buying matching sets of clothes for each day. So we're going to have a red day, blue day, yellor day, etc.

If you check the disneystore.com website often, they usually have some pretty good sales. It might not break the budget.

Graceesmom I checked out your youtube videos, they are really nice! I have been wanting to do something similar for years, what program do you use?

Graceesmom - I love them too!! Would love to know how you did this?!

I think I have a couple of pics to share :goodvibes

My DH doesn't mind, but this is only for Disney, and the shirts only get worn for yardwork, or bedtime after that.

Even had SIL, BIL and DN in on it:

And one more with all of my family

We don't exactly match per say but we match. We usually buy t-shirts and then pick a theme. Dh has a Jiminy Cricket shirt and I have a Pinocchio one. We wear those.

You could put the small one on the pocket, and then the big one on the back......or just make them both! :thumbsup2

Graceesmom - I love them too!! Would love to know how you did this?!

Thanks for the nice compliments. I use I-Movie on my macbook. If you are a PC user, I think Movie Maker is similar.

We pick a theme song before we go. Obviously something with easy words for our little and a catchy tune. Fortunately, I have a family that will go along with matching outfits, singing songs in the parks and my compulsive planning.

I like for my two youngest to coordinate at least. Here are some pics from our trip last October.

Sea World

SAM_0380.jpg

Dinner at T-Rex.

SAM_0374.jpg

Pink Cinderella and Prince Charming at 1900 Park Faire.

SAM_0720.jpg

Animal Kingdom

SAM_0610.jpg

Epcot

SAM_0572.jpg

Actually we all matched this day but I didn't get a pic of all of us.

SAM_0800.jpg

Sorry for the pic overload!

I like for my two youngest to coordinate at least. Here are some pics from our trip last October.

Sea World

SAM_0380.jpg

Dinner at T-Rex.

SAM_0374.jpg

SAM_0720.jpg

Animal Kingdom

SAM_0610.jpg

Epcot

SAM_0572.jpg

SAM_0800.jpg

So cute! I love the princess ones, your daughter caught my eye especially in the Halloween one, then I noticed her name is Alexa, I have an Alexa too, pretty and full of spunk that just goes with the name I guess.

So cute! I love the princess ones, your daughter caught my eye especially in the Halloween one, then I noticed her name is Alexa, I have an Alexa too, pretty and full of spunk that just goes with the name I guess.

Thanks! I agree that every Alexa I have known is pretty and spunky!

Sea World

SAM_0380.jpg

Dinner at T-Rex.

SAM_0374.jpg

SAM_0720.jpg

Animal Kingdom

SAM_0610.jpg

Epcot

SAM_0572.jpg

SAM_0800.jpg

you have WAY too much time on your hands!!! (lol)
actually , outfits (and kids) are cute!

This thread is inspiring and everyone's photos are so nice! For our next WDW trip, I would really like to try to make matching shirts for our family for at least a couple of days using patterns/designs similar to those on this thread. For our last trip, I think I focused too much on trying to find matching/coordinating character tees for my kids and this was a challenge because there is quite a bit of an age gap between my oldest son and youngest son and oldest daughter and youngest daughter; and my DH is big and tall and only wears 3X or 4X size tees so it was impossible to find him any Disney themed shirts at any of our local stores or even through Ebay or Disneystore.com. So I think it would be to our benefit to try to make some matching shirts for our next trip. Great thread :thumbsup2

We didn't on our last trip, but I'm going to make some tie dye shirts for our trip this year. DH is fine with it. He's very laid back and will pretty much wear whatever. I do like to coordinate the kids, but I do that all the time. I just don't want their clothes to clash in the pictures.

I'm loving all of the pics, and it makes me so happy to see such cute boys outfits as we all know how hard it is to find cute stuff for them sometimes! :)
Here is ours:

11810180001.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter