Matching Family Outfits - Post Pictures!

Does your family dress alike at DW?

• Yes - it puts us in the Disney spirit!

• No way! That's not how we roll.

• We don't -- but I would if my spouse would let me.

• Kids only -- I have to act my age, you know!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Princ Tiff - I have seen your trip reports and have always thought you are definitely a Family Clothier Over-Achiever" Actually I love it.

Maybe I should rent a family to match with....

I probably need to join clothes-aholics anonymous! lol!:rotfl:

We don't wear 'matching' outfits in our family (especially with a teenage DS)... but I do try to pack vacation clothing with an eye towards coordinating pieces in complimentary colors.

Since we all prefer fairly 'basic' clothing styles (chinos or jeans, mostly with tanks, tees, henleys), without bold graphics or wild patterns, it is not that difficult to do. One day we may all wear outfits centered around complimentary shades of blue, another day red, another day 'naturals' (tan/brown shades). This tends to work well for photos... plus it makes it easy to remember what the other person was wearing & spot those family members in a crowd. :goodvibes

2007-wdw-sci-fi-web.jpg

DH & DS at Sci-Fi a few years back, wearing complimentary shades of orange.

We don't wear 'matching' outfits in our family (especially with a teenage DS)... but I do try to pack vacation clothing with an eye towards coordinating pieces in complimentary colors.

Ditto for us. My DH would never go for matching, so I try to get us to coordinate or at the very least, not clash.

image359.jpg

image251.jpg

image897.jpg

image645.jpg

Bump. Any new pictures? Let's see 'em!

Personal update: I'm coordinating a 6 family gathering in October 2009. I'm starting to plan our matching T-shirts now!

Wow, I just read through this thread. All the clothes are so adorable. Some of them really make me wish I knew how to sew.

Now I'm feeling bad that I didn't make myself anything that matches all the clothes I have made for my niece!

I have made her 4 dresses, 2 pairs of shorts and 1 top, hair scrunchies, headbands, head handkerchiefs, purses.

I still have two more dresses to make and 2 more pairs of shorts.

This doesn't even include the dresses that I made for her sister and all her accessories!

I sure wish I knew when I started making all of these things.

OMG I love his thread. My mom actually used to dress my sister alike until we were 7 & 9 years old. I have a few pictures from our 1st trip to WDW when my sister was turning 4 and I was still 5(would be 6 a month and a half later). I know these pics are 20+ years old but I'll share them with you all(I just need to scan them or take them with my phone to post). They were cute:)! My DH doesn't do the matching attire unless we're wearing matching solid colored shirts or something that is one of our favorite sports teams(which I may have to make him do on a trip). Hopefully our DS will go for it and hopefully we will have a little princess in a few years to hopefully wear matching dresses or shirts with Tinkerbell, Minnie, & the Princesses with me.

Being a DISigner I made matching shirt's for every day of our trip last year and am working on new ones for this years trip. My wife was a little apprehensive about them at first and thought that it would be a bit cliche'd but after our trip she agreed wearing custom matching shirts got us lots of attention that we otherwise might not have gotten.

Here's us wearing a few of them. Enjoy

7630_1171215613512_1621670109_41626.jpg

7630_1171215413507_1621670109_41626.jpg

7630_1171214693489_1621670109_41624.jpg

7630_1171214453483_1621670109_41624.jpg

7630_1171214013472_1621670109_41623.jpg

We do at least one day every visit. At first they complained until Dad explained that their lives would be much easier if they just went along with Mom. Now they expect it (they might actually enjoy it though they would not admit it). This was girls day....we did another day were all 5 of us matched.
Disney2009026-1.jpg

While not totally matching, they do all have WALL-E on!!

100_0585.jpg

This was one morning after church

DCP_2060.jpg

Also not disney, IOA, you get the idea!!! That is my husband next to them , we were both wearing UF clothes!!! GO GATORS!!!!

DCP_2580.jpg

We do similar themes for the kids. DH and I too if we can match. DH loves to match me on any day so it is usually not a problem for us.

First one, coordinated patriotic colors. Dinner at Chef Mickey's on July 4th:

ChefMickeysPhotopass.jpg

Advertising my MIL's quilting business. Notice how only half of us are wearing the shirt? Yeah, that pissed me off. Plus some guests made snarky remarks about the shade of blue and the dumb pelican. NOT doing that again:
TripReport411.jpg

Things 1 - 9 with The Cat in the Hat:
TripReport475.jpg

I feel so under-done...lol...WOW...some of the posts are amazing. I usually have the kids in some Disney outfit. I do LOVE the animal print for AK and other themes related to the park that you go. I did order a dress with 3 matching Hawaiian shirts for our next trip. I am hoping hubby will let me co-ordinate everyone!

We did every day of our last trip...
merrychristmas.jpg

DisneyNov09090.jpg

DisneyNov09295.jpg

DisneyNov09443a.jpg

DisneyNov09504.jpg

donald.jpg

This trip coming up we have only 1 day where we all match. We are going to be wearing Perry The Platypus shirts that day. The other days we have the boys in matching red mickey shirts, matching Army kid shirts, and matching blue shirts w/ green tie dye mickey heads on them. The day the kids wear the red mickey shirts I will be wearing a Mickey/Minnie shirt and DH a Grumpy shirt to get some "disney" pics in front of the castle. I just didnt want to go all out this time like I did b4. It took me forever to do last time, and i just dont have the time this time around w/ t-ball kicking up soon.

Yep, we sure do!

Tie Dye Mickey day
DSC_3428.jpg

Red/Minnie day
Notice we even dressed my DD4's doll in her Minnie outfit
DSC_8014.jpg

Blue day
DSC_7653.jpg

Another tie-dye Mickey day
image440.jpg

problem was that it was chilly that morning in October and you can't barely see our shirts! I was so excited to be there, I didn't even think about it. :rolleyes:

wdw09f-1.jpg

WDW2009437a.jpg

WDW20091542a.jpg

WDW20091555a.jpg

WDW20091115a.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter