March 12, 2011 Eastern Caribbean, Let's rock the Magic!

Ok, we seriously had 4 large suitcases full to the brim, plus each of us had a carry-on bag (family of 4 and 2 were preschoolers) on our first cruise in 2009. I vowed to never pack that much again! I really didn't use have the "stuff" that I took, and should have utilized the laundry room. My goal for this trip is to travel "light" and to only take 2 large suitcases, and we can each carry on a bag. The only problem with that goal is this time my FE gifts take up almost an entire suitcase!!! I'll let you know how this all works out!!!:rotfl2:

We will be at the port early. There are 13 of us total. I would say we will probably be already partying at the terminal. I have so much left to do before Thursday. I don't know why, but it just occurred to me, do we tender or dock at any of the ports? It has been a long time since we have been on an Eastern cruise.

I'm still working on FE gift bags. <frantic>

I have my kids packing them to my specifications while I "supervise". ;)

Weather.com has a 10 day weather search which says we should be in for temps in the high 70's to low 80's the whole week.

On St Maarten day, it will be 80 and sunny.

On St Thomas day, there might be a spot of rain. (Bummer!)

Let us hope the forecast is right for St Maarten, and wrong for St Thomas! :rolleyes:

Ok, we seriously had 4 large suitcases full to the brim, plus each of us had a carry-on bag (family of 4 and 2 were preschoolers) on our first cruise in 2009. I vowed to never pack that much again! I really didn't use have the "stuff" that I took, and should have utilized the laundry room. My goal for this trip is to travel "light" and to only take 2 large suitcases, and we can each carry on a bag. The only problem with that goal is this time my FE gifts take up almost an entire suitcase!!! I'll let you know how this all works out!!!:rotfl2:

This is exactly me too! FE gifts are the bulk of the space and weight of one of our bags to be checked.

Hoping to take home much less... glad we have a week after the cruise to enjoy/use stuff.

Anyone else waking up in the middle of the night remembering things that need to be done or packed?!?! I am keeping pen and paper by the bed.:goodvibes

Marcy

On St Thomas day, there might be a spot of rain. (Bummer!)

Let us hope the forecast is right for St Maarten, and wrong for St Thomas! :rolleyes:

Don't worry about the St. Thomas weather forecast - unless there's a tropical wave in the area, any showers tend to be brief. :umbrella:

-Sandy (94 hours until we get on an airplane to Orlando :woohoo: )

WOW 3 more days till we leave for Florida:cool1::cool1: spent the day running last minute errands and getting a hair cut:thumbsup2 Kids have one full day of school left then two half days of exams:headache::headache:

Who is ready for the drink of the day?

Rob

WOW 3 more days till we leave for Florida:cool1::cool1: spent the day running last minute errands and getting a hair cut:thumbsup2 Kids have one full day of school left then two half days of exams:headache::headache:

Who is ready for the drink of the day?

Rob

Me me!! I'm ready for the drink of the day!?!?

We are running last minute errands and finishing up the last of the laundry. Gotta get the house cleaned before leaving too!?!?

Need to take my daughter for a quick haircut too. thanks for the reminder.

I'm worried we are taking too much now!?!? We have our own beach toys, etc, that takes up a bulk of one bag. Oh well, what do you do?!?!? Is there a space to store the luggage? We have one suitcase for each person (4), plus husband and my carry ons.

Me me!! I'm ready for the drink of the day!?!?

We are running last minute errands and finishing up the last of the laundry. Gotta get the house cleaned before leaving too!?!?

Need to take my daughter for a quick haircut too. thanks for the reminder.

I'm worried we are taking too much now!?!? We have our own beach toys, etc, that takes up a bulk of one bag. Oh well, what do you do?!?!? Is there a space to store the luggage? We have one suitcase for each person (4), plus husband and my carry ons.

TIP OF THE DAY
You can lift up the corner of the bed and stow most of your luggage there:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Rob

Don't feel bad, we have 3 large suitcases, a small roller bag with just FE gifts, and 4 carry-on bags.

UGH!
Had to go get both DS10 and DH from their respective schools and bring them home sick to day with the stomach flu! :headache:

DS is looking up now (drinking some water...) but DH... he always gets things worse. He has to leave tomorrow for Seattle then super early Wednesday morning for a trip to Chicago with his Vocal Jazz group (18-24 year old college students). :sad2:

DD14 and I got out of the house getting in workouts and dinner at a restaurant. I am pretty sure I am bunking with her tonight! DO NOT want illness right now!!!

Besides that, getting some packing and organizing done. Much more to go.
I really need to get our final tax info off to the CPA before we go :rolleyes:

Here's to a strong immune system! (hopefully! :goodvibes)

Marcy

Stay healthy Marcy! My hubbie has been coughing too much lately - I tell him to get better immediately, or else! (He teaches middle school kids - lots o germs!)

Getting our bags packed, and realizing our cases are small - so we will have to keep things to a minimum...but I need to bring my dresses...very important!:rotfl:

Here is a pic of the family, Victoria, Gabe, and DD Sylvie

P1030039.JPG

suffice to say we won't have our bicycle helmets on at port!:cool1:

See everyone soon!

I plan on getting an extra one each day and saving it so I'll be glad to scan them when I get home. I've been threatening to stow away on an island and not return, but I'm pretty sure I'm just joking. :lmao:

We would certainly appreciate it. When you get back please shoot me an email or post a link.

By the way, I would choose Castaway Cay to stow away on. I almost wish the ship left Port Canaveral and just parked at Castaway Cay for 7 days.:rotfl:

Enjoy your trip!:cool1:

bmmcd1998@yahoo.com

Bill

We leave in the morning.:cool1: Today is crazy packing day and last minute work.
Crazy day --- :rotfl:
See you all Sat. Not sure what time -- we will be in the returning cruiser line. I will be the one with my mother, two dtrs, str, and her son.
Still have not planned which parks will go to on Thursday or Friday. Thinking of Animal & epcot.

This was posted yesterday from a cruiser who was on the most recent itinerary that we will be on:

"We just got off the 7 night Eastern that had to divert twice for medical emergencies and did not get to dock at CC. First, let me say I'm glad the people got the medical attention they needed, I'm a nurse and I get it. But that does not help with the disappointed feeling my family has because of the missed day at CC. I don't expect DCL to reimburse anything other than port fees and missed excursions. But, has anyone gotten a discount on a future cruise or something similiar because of the missed CC? Maybe we could try a double dip and get a better shot at docking on the island."

Wow! I'd be bummed to miss CC. I know it happens, but usually due to weather and usually in the Fall and sometimes Dec/Jan.
We went in December one time on an 4 nighter, our CC day was really rainy so we went out to sea for the night and went back the next day! :woohoo:

Carole - Safe travels! I'd go to Epcot... Flower and Garden Fest is really pretty. Epcot should look so nice all the time!

Victoria - thanks for the picture! Your family is adorable (especially that short one :cutie: ) I let my parents know to look out for you as I am pretty sure they are on the same flight from Seattle as you. Have fun on the Clipper! Hope it isn't raining.
So, far I don't seem to have the illness that beset our household yesterday. But I have to admit I am not 100%. At least I have a few more days!

And I have a mani/pedi this morning! I've never had both... it is fun just to say it! :rotfl:

Yep... woke up to fresh snow this morning....:headache:
Expecting up to 2 more inches... suppose to get warmer later, maybe I won't have to shovel it...
DH needs to drive to Seattle today.... over the mountain pass. That is much more worrysome. DANG, we need a warm vacation! :beach:
A little rain in St. Thomas won't bother me! We are snorkeling there anyway.
Anything but SNOW!

Marcy

I am counting class periods left in school.. how sad is that :) It is 26 right now, 21 at the end of the day! Kids are packed, toes are polished and now it is just my own last min laundry and packing. And I am ready for the drink of the day RIGHT NOW!! :) Tonight is open house.... need I say more!

I just pre-paid our tips. Do any of you do that? Just thought I would get it out of the way.

I just pre-paid our tips. Do any of you do that? Just thought I would get it out of the way.

No we are firm believers in seeing what kind of service we receive before giving out tips( To Ensure Prompt Service)We had horrible service on 2 RCCL cruises and for that reason we never do auto tipping:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 or cruise with them again.

Rob

:cool1: Can't wait for cruise. This is our first time on DCL. We are counting down the days. We leave in 2 more days. I agree that I feel we have over packed, but it is fun. I have a son that is 5 and daughter 7 years old. they are so excited I know they are not paying attention in school this week. :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter