March 12, 2011 Eastern Caribbean, Let's rock the Magic!

No worries, since a few have received them and it will make the others more excited to open the package.

Since I was the lucky one to be able to say I got them first, I figured I should keep quiet and let someone else have the fun. :goodvibes

Hey guys,
On the main list and the FE list, my little boy's name is incorrect...it should be spelled "Rylan". (It will drive him crazy if anyone calls him 'Ryan' on the ship...not much of a sense of humor). :confused3

Also, I noticed that with venegasfam4, the little boy on that one should be spelled "Cosmo" (it is correct on one list but not the FE).

I also wanted to make sure these were corrected in case it matters for FE gifts.

OK! I'm gonna run outside and see if my cruise documents have arrived! Wish me luck!!!:goodvibes

i just found this thread. We will be on this cruise also. Me- Shondra, DH-Trever,and DS-Zach. We are also traveling with lots of family. We may try to catch the meet on embarkation day, but we could still be catching up with our group. Glad DS will have some boys his age on the cruise.

Yay! You found your way over! I saw you on another thread and you mentioned that you would be on this cruise so I was hoping you would find us!:thumbsup2

If I booked through a TA, I am guessing documents go to them first?

I suspect mail to Canada could be at a snails pace... oh well,

My dd and I went shopping for some swimsuits for her - so cute!
Is it bad to actually want to buy clothes that "match" the Magic colour scheme?
Its corny, but I thought it would make for fab pictures - like the brochures ha ha!!

Getting super excited, up here on the wet coast,

Victoria

Thanks for the link and thanks Teri. We just can't wait. I haven't been on the boards much, but the closer we get the more addicted I become.

If I booked through a TA, I am guessing documents go to them first?

I suspect mail to Canada could be at a snails pace... oh well,

My dd and I went shopping for some swimsuits for her - so cute!
Is it bad to actually want to buy clothes that "match" the Magic colour scheme?
Its corny, but I thought it would make for fab pictures - like the brochures ha ha!!

Getting super excited, up here on the wet coast,

Victoria

I am in Ontario and they sent mine Fed Ex! :woohoo::woohoo:

I am in Ontario and they sent mine Fed Ex! :woohoo::woohoo:

Still waiting! :confused3 Maybe today!!!

I've been reading some of the other general posts and I'm starting to get a bit worried about the service on the Magic. It seems to be more than one or two people complaining about slow meal service service, food quality, etc. On the other hand, there are others who came off the same cruise with glowing comments. I guess I'll take it with a grain of salt and make up my mind when we get there.

This is our first cruise so I don't know what to expect! Maybe that's a good thing.

Michelle

No cruise documents here either :( But I won't panic! But it does stress me out that some of you are packed! Wow... that is impressive:worship:
I am getting more and more excited every day. I have a 12 year old son too who will be excited to hear about other boys his age!

We got our cruise documents yesterday. But I am by no means packed!

Ashley

I never pack until the day or night before...sometimes even the day we are leaving but I do have a list and I do make a pile of odds and ends that I could forget.

Still waiting! :confused3 Maybe today!!!

I've been reading some of the other general posts and I'm starting to get a bit worried about the service on the Magic. It seems to be more than one or two people complaining about slow meal service service, food quality, etc. On the other hand, there are others who came off the same cruise with glowing comments. I guess I'll take it with a grain of salt and make up my mind when we get there.

This is our first cruise so I don't know what to expect! Maybe that's a good thing.

Michelle

It's our first cruise too, and I've been reading all those same reports. I'm trying not to worry. My plan is to have a positive attitude going in, and then if I encounter any issues try to get them brought to the right person's attention and resolved. I'm going to try to keep it all in perspective and smile that at least I am on a beautiful cruise ship and not chained to my desk at work. :laughing:

Just a thought about service and expectations. This will be our 3rd Disney cruise and 6th total. We have also sailed Carnival and RCCL. What I have found is you cant compare apples and oranges. Carnival by far was our least favorite and my son said he will miss the flow rider on RCCL, but he is so excited to be going back on Disney. Of course, he wanted to go on the Dream because of the aqua duck. I am an avid Disney fan. We have been to WDW more times than I can count. We've had great experiences and some not so great ones. What I have learned is don't set the bar so high you will leave being disappointed. I am so excited about this cruise and like everyone says a day at Disney or on a Disney cruise is better that a day at home. On a side note I am preparing for round 2 of the snow here in Oklahoma. I hate the cold. On the upside not much longer before we are having fun in the sun.

Ok, after I read my post above I realized it may have sounded a little preachy. I was actually just trying to reassure you all. I hope I did not offend anyone. Hopefully I will get a chance to meet some of you on the cruise. By the way I am not packed either and probably won't until the week of. Last week we hit a snafu with our son's passport:scared1:and I am just trying to get through that one. It was a renewal and they needed his old passport after the agent at the post office said they would not need it just a copy. So, if everyone will cross your fingers and send some pixie dust hopefully it will be here with time to spare. Shondra

We finally have a room number for the FE #2048. Yay! I have all of my daughters little Disney outfits sewn and we are ready! I am training for the Dallas half marathon on March 27th and will be spending many hours on the treadmill. Does anyone know the details of the 5k at Castaway Cay?

We finally have a room number for the FE #2048. Yay! I have all of my daughters little Disney outfits sewn and we are ready! I am training for the Dallas half marathon on March 27th and will be spending many hours on the treadmill. Does anyone know the details of the 5k at Castaway Cay?

Tiffany - Thanks for the stateroom number. I PM'ed everyone who is participating in the FE exchange but if you have less than 10 posts on the DIS, you may not have received it. I'm sure you can find a reason to make one more post!:rotfl:

I will be resending the aformentioned PM because I got a couple stateroom numbers transposed. Sorry!
Before I do, let me know if I got anything else wrong... name spellings, staterooms, kids genders... :rolleyes:

Still waiting on Documents... popcorn::

Marcy

At least for me...
When we went on our first Disney cruise in 2009, I spent all of my free time reading and re-reading my Passporter. I was only barely aware of the DISboards, and frankly, my Passporter was enough information for me at the time. Anyway, my only 'exposure' to DCL was what I read in the Passporter (which is mostly factual-type info) and word of mouth from other cruisers that I knew (and their experiences were fabulous;)).
Anyway, I was not aware of any issues, complaints, inadequacies, etc. or things that I was 'supposed' to feel 'entitled to'. I just knew that it was going to be a wonderful vacation, and I enjoyed every single moment (no buyers remorse here!:))
All of that to say, don't let the things on these boards negatively influence how good of a time you will have, or scar your feelings about DCL. There will always be exceptions to the rule, but truly, almost everyone on these boards will attest to how amazing the entire DCL product is, and having a good/forgiving attitude toward the imperfections will go a long way in creating your own magical and memorable vacation. Though the Magic isn't the "new" ship, I thought she was so majestic and perfect in every way (but I'm not one to look for a broken floor tile or dust on a chandelier). And regarding the service, all of the ships are going through some growing pains right now, but I'm guessing we won't even notice because we will be having too much fun!!! :woohoo:

I also totally mean for my tone in this to be encouraging and not at all preachy. :grouphug:
I LOVE cruising Disney:love: and my heart hurts when people have less than positive experiences. :guilty:
But I am certain that we will all have the most amazing, magical week...beginning in 33 days!!!! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter