1/6- High 74 Low 56
1/7- High 75 Low 55 showers at night
1/8- High 70 Low 52 shower in the morning
Awwwwwww yeah look at that Sunday!

The half marathon is now showing on weather.gov:

Saturday, January 7 at 5am
Temperature: 52 °F Dewpoint: 49 °F Wind Chill: N/A Surface Wind: N 7mph
Sky Cover (%): 60% Precipitation Potential (%): 22% Relative Humidity (%): 89%
Rain: Slight Chance (10%-20%) Thunder: <10% Snow: <10% Freezing Rain: <10% Sleet: <10%

That seems better than 65F :)

Looks like weather.com is trending towards accuweather. Dropping temps from Weds to Sunday which is good, but 40s waiting around for the marathon will be chilly.

Local weather has only a 30-percent chance of rain on Saturday. But that 80-plus percent humidity is going to be a whip regardless of what the temp is.

At this point, I stop looking at national weather sites and start relying on local like CFN13 and WESH for weather.

Right now, the temp is looking great for the marathon, however wind is going to be a pain. Still too early though.

Half-Marathon not looking so good. 100% chance of rain and thundershowers likely. :( Someone tell me it is still to early...

VP

Half-Marathon not looking so good. 100% chance of rain and thundershowers likely. :( Someone tell me it is still to early...

Sorry, not too early this time. The national and local forecasts have pretty much aligned with each other, and they indicate the half will probably be warm, wet, and very muggy. This doesn't mean it will rain the entire morning, but chances are high it will rain for at least some of it. The forecast for Sunday is getting much cooler too, with lows near 40. Time to stock up on warm throw away clothes if you haven't done so already.

Sending positive thoughts for everyone running the half! I know rain isn't ideal, but hopefully it's just rain and the chance of thunder/lightning stays away. After running the Half of a Half at Wine and Dine in 2015, I don't wish for that to happen to anyone else, especially if it's your first half/Disney race like it was for me. I can't imagine the disappointment for Goofy/Dopey runners as well.

At least weather is looking cool for the marathon!

I can deal with the rain as well but I'm with @Ariel484 please no thunderstorms - I really don't want a repeat of the 2015 W&D half. :(

I'd also say though that still being 3 days out the rain chances can still change dramatically. Temps I think are a lot more predictable, so I'm inclined to trust those 3 days out, but rain and particularly severity and time of rain can still be quite changeable. Channeling my inner Pollyanna to believe that it will be a dry run. :)

Last edited:
And temps in the 30s in FL usually means a pretty still wind out of the north. So find someone big to draft off of during the marathon.

Just for a little perspective on Florida weather, my long run a few weeks ago had a predicted 0% chance of rain and I was soaked through by a cell moving through in the first hour of my early morning run.

Like John said above, even with 80% chance of rain, it doesn't necessarily mean it'll rain the whole time or along the whole course.

She said, optimistically. :)

Definitely pay close attention to the weather for the 1/2 marathon on Saturday morning-WESH's Tony Mainolfi has a Facebook Live segment from 8-9 tomorrow night (hopefully)--try to check it out--he will show you when the storms will move through the area (there is a strong cold front moving through so this will probably happen to some degree). They are predicting some lightening & rain for early morning (as of this posting) so make sure to monitor closely. Good luck & be safe!!

So I assume if the race is cancelled tomorrow that Dopey/Goofy Challengers will only get the marathon medal on Sunday?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter