Marathon Weekend 2024

Yep. Flight back to NC at 7p tomorrow. Not looking forward to the weather impact.
6:50pm southwest to Louisville for us tomorrow. Maybe we are lucky and just delayed although we may have some stuff when we land too. Oh well, there’s always Wednesday flights if necessary.

At home we are supposed to get 8-12in of snow and 35min wind gusts, and Detroit (where we are flying in) is either freezing rain or 5-9in depending on where you look.
Waving hi from southeast MI! 🙋‍♀️ I keep checking the temps for tonight's weather into tomorrow and I think (or at least hope?) it's going to stay warm enough to keep it more rain (less snow or ice). Safe travels back home!

Flew home last night. SW kept delaying my flight and then suddenly out of nowhere (30 minutes before flight time) they were like JK, we're leaving on time. Get your butts to gate 120. I hadn't even gone thru security because I was convinced they were going to cancel and I wanted to be ahead of the crowd. Thankfully I have pre-check and made it thru quick, whew.
Im not sure about a dedicated photo pass, but yesterday they had a magic shot I got on main Street with Mickey/ Minnie running.

They also had this magic shot at HS yesterday. Of course I blinked during mine...

Looks like you are all having so much fun at DATW! Next year I need to stay for this. Hope to see some of you this weekend in Cali!

Joining in on the going-home fun. Michigan is supposed to be getting a big storm starting at 1am. At home we are supposed to get 8-12in of snow and 35min wind gusts, and Detroit (where we are flying in) is either freezing rain or 5-9in depending on where you look.

Can’t control it 🤷🏻‍♀️
I guess all Michigan folks should stay in Disney World until the storm is done! (A Disney addict could wish…)

I’m trying to see if I can just stay here 2 more days and go straight from here to Anaheim lol
Oh man, I forgot about Disneyland and the people going directly there through Houston today and tomorrow. What a perfect mess happening in Houston with the storm, the national championship, and people headed to Disneyland.

Oh man, I forgot about Disneyland and the people going directly there through Houston today and tomorrow. What a perfect mess happening in Houston with the storm, the national championship, and people headed to Disneyland.
If people are only connecting in Houston and don't live there, could they connect through Dallas instead?

Well getting home to Houston today is a nightmare. Flight keeps getting delayed over and over because of weather. My parents, who flew in from Sacramento, are headed home also and were flying through the smaller Houston airport. Their flight is also delayed several hours. They are missing their connection. Due to the college football championship in Houston today, no avails able flights tonight or tomorrow. So when we eventually get back to Houston, will have to pick them up and they have to stay with us until Wednesday, the first day they could get a flight back. Always a fun way to close out a Disney World trip. Lol.

Another Disney MW runner I know was...no say IS...going to The Game tonight. Their flight yesterday was canceled (Go Southwest! Their notice made it sound like the "major sporting event" was news to them!) Their rebooked flight took them through Dallas. They have yet to make it to Houston, and with the weather stoppages, who knows.

Another Disney MW runner I know was...no say IS...going to The Game tonight. Their flight yesterday was canceled (Go Southwest! Their notice made it sound like the "major sporting event" was news to them!) Their rebooked flight took them through Dallas. They have yet to make it to Houston, and with the weather stoppages, who knows.
Yea, it’s a mess. We are still sitting at MCO. My parents flight to Hobby got lined up, then shut the door and said there was a pending weather update. Then they loaded some people, stopped again and had them de-board for another update, and now they are all boarded and sitting. My son’s flight to Charlotte, then to Knoxville , has been sitting on the runway for 45 minutes now because they are backed up with planes trying to take off. MCO is mess today.

Inside Rose and Crown pub. Back left
How much longer will you all be at Epcot? I was going to hop over from MK but my husband messaged me as I left letting me know they're expecting 6+ inches of snow Friday night...in other words when they're supposed to fly out to Anaheim. So I'm back at the hotel trying to find options in case we need to change.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter