Marathon Weekend 2024

I've never run a Disney race and so I'm super curious, how long does stopping for character pictures add to your finish time?
It all depends on how long the lines are. For the Wine & Dine half in 2022, I got 17 character stops in 50 minutes (I pause my watch during stops, so I can see the difference between moving time and total time)

The only time I changed one of mine was right after the race, at the customer relations tent. They were understanding and had extras. Are you running tomorrow? If so, you could go there with the medal and ask. You will have to put it in your gear check bag if you don’t want to be running with it.
Thank you. I might bring it tomorrow morning with me. Or I’ll just deal with it.

Pluto came out again with a different person, who said yes to signing his (mine) medal, so all is right in the world again.

Thank you. I might bring it tomorrow morning with me. Or I’ll just deal with it.

Pluto came out again with a different person, who said yes to signing his (mine) medal, so all is right in the world again.
I've exchanged at runner relations at the race and I've also exchanged back at the expo. I would absolutely get a new one!
Same here. I drug myself out of bed and hoped that walking around would help With getting the blood flowing and kicking the last of this food poisoning/stomach bug. In the shade it was cold. In the sun, it was warm. The wind definitely made it colder. Headed back around 4pm as I was fading fast.
I hope you're able to get some more rest tonight and wake up ready to go tomorrow!

For those looking for reservations for Saturday I was able to refresh to pick up MK. Probably won't be heading to a park anyway if the storms end up rolling through but happy I can if I want to.

View attachment 822877

Was part of the large GMR costume group that brought up the rear of the race. Sorry if you were in line at the bus waiting for us to pass! We were in the last wave and got out just before 6- curious to see if the other races take as long!
This is AMAZING and I wish I could have seen it in person!!! Thank you for sharing the pic.
“In an abundance of caution…”
~shudder~ :scared:

It’s the first time in 8 straight years I’m not running the marathon, and I’ll admit I’m feeling a bit down about it. I thought I made peace with saying goodbye to the distance last year, but being here is bringing on a bit of melancholy.

But a calm, easy, 2nd day expo went a long way to taking the edge off! :rotfl:

Glad to hear the 5K was fun and the rain stayed away for you all!

Just inhaled a giant bowl of pasta and will be heading to bed soon. I’ll try to at least stop by the meet-up before heading to corrals. I looked at the Saturday forecast once and put it away. Not having it. It can take some time to sort itself out, pleaseandthankyou.

Have a great 10K everyone!

Just inhaled a giant bowl of pasta and will be heading to bed soon. I’ll try to at least stop by the meet-up before heading to corrals. I looked at the Saturday forecast once and put it away. Not having it. It can take some time to sort itself out, pleaseandthankyou.
Given how much the weather has been waffling I don’t think we’ll know until like 30 min before volunteers might show up

Given how much the weather has been waffling I don’t think we’ll know until like 30 min before volunteers might show up
Obviously hoping for everyone that the half goes forward as planned and weather holds off. I remember how devastated I was in 2017 for my first (and only) Goofy. Seeing all the runners around crescent lake the next morning (and joining in) made it one of my most memorable race weekends. Not that I want a repeat!

Not sure if we will be at the meetup in the morning. Back when I made ADRs I tried to get Epcot fireworks package for a non-race night and was only able to get tonight’s booked. Which means we might get 4 hours of sleep. 😬 The good thing is that we napped and hydrated today, and mostly took it easy around MK for a couple of hours this morning and Epcot tonight. Be on the lookout on the course (and maybe for a hot minute at the meetup) for Rapunzel and Flynn who are just trying to survive the race 😂

Not sure if we will be at the meetup in the morning. Back when I made ADRs I tried to get Epcot fireworks package for a non-race night and was only able to get tonight’s booked. Which means we might get 4 hours of sleep. 😬 The good thing is that we napped and hydrated today, and mostly took it easy around MK for a couple of hours this morning and Epcot tonight. Be on the lookout on the course (and maybe for a hot minute at the meetup) for Rapunzel and Flynn who are just trying to survive the race 😂
That's a great reason to miss, and we still have HH tomorrow. I'll be in a similar situation, having snagged Victoria & Albert's at 7 tonight. It was my only option but I had to take it. Interestingly, they have a zero-proof pairing option!

I know MCO is bad but I’ve never seen this. 1:20 and counting for baggage claim. Apparently the baggage handlers have mixed up a half dozen flights….
That reinforces my joy in having AirTags in my luggage, at least I’d maybe be able to narrow down a location. But (knock on wood) I’ve never had an issue at MCO getting my luggage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter