• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Marathon Weekend 2024

That's a great reason to miss, and we still have HH tomorrow. I'll be in a similar situation, having snagged Victoria & Albert's at 7 tonight. It was my only option but I had to take it. Interestingly, they have a zero-proof pairing option!
Sorry to miss the meetup, but after getting to bed at 11pm, it was necessary. I managed to get about 3 hours of sleep. Leaving later meant more traffic and later coffee intake, which meant I spent the first almost-2-miles looking for the portas. But I finished the race strong and will see you all at HH!

The Hurricane Hannah's meet up is at 2 p.m.? I've never gone, but am planning to today. Looking forward to meeting some of you!
I’ve never gone either- will finally be able to today so look forward to meeting people! Heading to the expo first for Race kit pickup so if anyone needs anything from there, let me know and I can bring to HH. Not sure anything will be left though! :)

Hope everyone had a great 10k this morning! Running weather was perfect!! Character lines were quite long so I didn’t stop. Waited just about 30 mins for chip and dale post race and when I left the line was even longer.

I hope to come by HH this afternoon! Ive been going pretty hard the last couple days so I’m going to see how the morning unfolds.

They closed some of the roads early today! The ramp to Epcot Center Drive when heading south on World Drive was scheduled to close at 4am. It was already closed when I got there at 3:30. I knew how to circle back, but super frustrating for those that don’t.
Came here for you to give the list of today’s photo stops so I can figure out who I accidentally skipped. 🤣

But I appreciate this list for tomorrow! 👏🏼👏🏼

I skipped quite a few but here is my list from today.

Pinocchio
Friends of Fantasia
Mad Hatter
Thumper
Cinderella and friends
Sleeping Beauty and friends
Caballeros
Wendy/Peter Pan
100th sign
Epcot ball
Guardians ride
Mary Poppins and friends

I may have missed something.

I’m really liking the new entertainment director for RD. He’s got vision and I feel like he has taken things in a new direction. For the last few years it’s been a recycling of the same stuff. It had become predictable race after race. I loved all the old movie posters along the route today.

They closed some of the roads early today! The ramp to Epcot Center Drive when heading south on World Drive was scheduled to close at 4am. It was already closed when I got there at 3:30. I knew how to circle back, but super frustrating for those that don’t.

I skipped quite a few but here is my list from today.

Pinocchio
Friends of Fantasia
Mad Hatter
Thumper
Cinderella and friends
Sleeping Beauty and friends
Caballeros
Wendy/Peter Pan
100th sign
Epcot ball
Guardians ride
Mary Poppins and friends

I may have missed something.

I’m really liking the new entertainment director for RD. He’s got vision and I feel like he has taken things in a new direction. For the last few years it’s been a recycling of the same stuff. It had become predictable race after race. I loved all the old movie posters along the route today.
The old movie posters were so great, this is my first in person weekend so I didn’t know those weren’t standard.

I did the 10k, it was good. My training has been horrible since I developed some crud in my lungs and just lost a lot of stamina.

I liked how the corral wait didn’t seem awful, and they referenced that most of the theming was from the ‘30’s-60’s.

I am signed up for the 1/2 but worried about all the storms. I guess we’ll see.

10k was a little rough today after getting past the food poisoning, but I think it did good to get things moving again. Looking forward to the weekend! I really like the new finish line set up and spectator set up. I thought it was a vast improvement over the old set up.

It was great meeting everyone this morning at the meet up!

Running weather was perfect!!
It really was!

Yes, I thought so! I left later today and that was a stressor I did not need.

I’m really liking the new entertainment director for RD.
Same. I loved the classic tunes today too. Elvis, Beach Boys, even some OG Parent Trap. Great energy!

Yesterday I got stopped by photopass to take a pic with the finish line and signed a waiver but it hasn’t been posted yet. Hope it does!
I had that happen at the Everest 5K in 22, and they ended up not using it, but it did eventually show up in my Photopass at least. Fingers crossed yours gets used!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter