Marathon Weekend 2023

Anyone know if there is a sporting goods store nearby? The family didn’t prepare for the cold mornings and they are taking about trying to find some cold weather gear. Been trying to search online but the coverage in the parks is terrible.
Columbia in Disney Springs... Probably others too

I was wearing a skirt and tank top today (with throwaway sweats and hoodie) and was fine until getting off the bus after the race. I was surprised they weren’t handing out Mylar blankets. Might have to bring my own and keep it in my pocket tomorrow for just in case
Will that interfere with tracking? The bib should be far enough from the pocket, but after their 50bajillion reminders this morning, I'm afraid of mylar.

Will that interfere with tracking? The bib should be far enough from the pocket, but after their 50bajillion reminders this morning, I'm afraid of mylar.
Mylar would only affect it if it covers and wraps around the bib...ie if you wear it around you then potentially it can block it, otherwise nah

Anyone know if there is a sporting goods store nearby? The family didn’t prepare for the cold mornings and they are taking about trying to find some cold weather gear. Been trying to search online but the coverage in the parks is terrible.
There’s a Super Target nearby.
3200 Rolling Oaks Blvd, Kissimmee, FL 34747

There’s an Under Armor store at the springs. They’re having a sale now too.

You can link up to 5 bibs per race to the same MM account
Apologies for being dense (blaming the lack of sleep), this means 5 bibs per distance, not per weekend, right? So 5 for the 5k, 5 for the 10k, etc? Just making sure I can link my friends' bibs from today without losing the chance to get marathon photos. Thanks!

Thanks all. Totally forgot about the stores at DS. Looks like that will be the destination this evening.

Apologies for being dense (blaming the lack of sleep), this means 5 bibs per distance, not per weekend, right? So 5 for the 5k, 5 for the 10k, etc? Just making sure I can link my friends' bibs from today without losing the chance to get marathon photos. Thank
Correct - 5 per race not weekend.

Sorry I missed the HH meetup. I have come down with a head cold and didn’t want to expose any of y’all. I am also freaking out about Sunday now. I have decided not to cheer tomorrow so I can sleep in. I haven’t slept enough in like a week.

On a happier note, I’m super happy with how my costumes turned out:

View attachment 730247
View attachment 730248
Very cute! Rest, rest, and more rest.

FINALLY on my way...teaching today felt like the longest school day EVER! Can't wait for my Pop bed tonight!
Was that you that showed us? In line for Donald? Or do you mean you missed the bus too? 😂

Oh phooey….unexpected cold front so you’ll have to buy yourself some warmer clothes. Where in WI???

South side of Milwaukee...you?

Sorry I missed the HH meetup. I have come down with a head cold and didn’t want to expose any of y’all. I am also freaking out about Sunday now. I have decided not to cheer tomorrow so I can sleep in. I haven’t slept enough in like a week.

On a happier note, I’m super happy with how my costumes turned out:

View attachment 730247
View attachment 730248
That Belle/Cher combo is choice!
Feel better!

It was nice to say hello to a few people this morning at the pre race meet up. I hope HH was great, I’m sure it was. With extended family here this trip, just not in the cards for me. But it has been so nice to visit with my parents and see their reactions to some of the newer rides! They have been blown away.

I will not be at the meet up tomorrow morning as I am running with my daughter and the best I can hope for is to get us into our corral before it closes! She is not much of an early riser. Good luck to everyone running the half tomorrow and see you at the full on Sunday!

I am making up for lost times... lots of eating and drinking at club level in akl... lol.they made cute buttons for us too.

Attachments

• 20230106_184232.jpg
    20230106_184232.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 21
  • 20230106_175610.jpg
    20230106_175610.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 14
  • 20230106_144235.jpg
    20230106_144235.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 14
  • FB_IMG_1673052407088.jpg
    FB_IMG_1673052407088.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 20230106_200348.jpg
    20230106_200348.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 20230106_200411.jpg
    20230106_200411.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 20230106_201209.jpg
    20230106_201209.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter