Marathon Weekend 2023

I am staying at the Grand Floridian and plan to spectate for the half tomorrow. Anybody know if I can walk to MK from here or if I have to take the monorail? (I know the path exists, but wondering if the security checkpoint will be open…)

Will that interfere with tracking? The bib should be far enough from the pocket, but after their 50bajillion reminders this morning, I'm afraid of mylar.
I honestly hadn’t even considered that, but I also can’t see how it could interfere the tracking any more than my phone in my pocket 🤷‍♀️

Apologies for being dense (blaming the lack of sleep), this means 5 bibs per distance, not per weekend, right? So 5 for the 5k, 5 for the 10k, etc? Just making sure I can link my friends' bibs from today without losing the chance to get marathon photos. Thanks!
I managed to get more than 5 bibs for the 5k by having a family member add them to her account, but since we share photos with each other, I can download them all

Will that interfere with tracking? The bib should be far enough from the pocket, but after their 50bajillion reminders this morning, I'm afraid of mylar.
Don’t wear it across the starting line and add it to the mountain of other Mylar blankets on the side of the fence.

Darkwing Duck is the 4th pre-race character photo this morning (he wasn’t on the list). Did Pain and Panic and now I’m waiting for him. I learned my lesson about hoping for shorter lines post race as a member of team not so fast. I waited almost an hour and a half for Chip and Dale! I switched my half and full costumes at the last minute this morning, hoping for better character photo opportunities.

If I don’t make it to the meetup again, I hope everyone has a great race!

I am staying at the Grand Floridian and plan to spectate for the half tomorrow. Anybody know if I can walk to MK from here or if I have to take the monorail? (I know the path exists, but wondering if the security checkpoint will be open…)
Anyone who is curious for tomorrow, the GF walking path is closed. Monorail is the only option in the AM to get to MK.

I took the monorail over to be safe and they won’t even let me walk back on the path when leaving MK.

I saw the teacups going but didn't realize that you could ride!
Only figured it out because when waiting for the Tweedle Dee/Tweedle Dum spotted a single couple on the ride. A group of us decided to ask and by the time our ride was done there was a line of runners! I don't think it was an impromptu decision since I spotted an official photographer taking photos.

Attachments

• 20230107_062452.jpg
    20230107_062452.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 30
Has anyone been able to successfully return merch to somewhere that’s not the expo? I will ask at Pop on my way out this morning, but don’t know how much to push it if they say no. Related, I’m trying to convince myself to save money and return a few things that are too big- will be parting with a men’s small jacket and XS white spirit hoodie if anyone wants to coordinate getting them.

Has anyone been able to successfully return merch to somewhere that’s not the expo? I will ask at Pop on my way out this morning, but don’t know how much to push it if they say no. Related, I’m trying to convince myself to save money and return a few things that are too big- will be parting with a men’s small jacket and XS white spirit hoodie if anyone wants to coordinate getting them.
You can return RunDisney merch to resort gift shops, but not items from Expo vendors.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter