Marathon Weekend 2023

So, it's not always like this? This is my first registration day.
Last summer I was registered in about 20 minutes. It was my first race, so I didn't know better. Next year, I may take the whole day off of work instead of just half.....just in case.

Brutal. I’m on vacation and this was my one day to sleep in and maybe go for a run. Thought I would go back to bed at 7:15am. Coming up on 8am here…. I just want the half, that’s it!

Er... so it's never a pleasant experience, to be certain. Waiting in a queue, occasionally getting kicked out, waiting in a really long queue only to see the race you wanted sold out by the time you get to it...

It almost never goes smoothly, but I also don't recall a time the system went down entirely.

I feel like it will only be effective if we didn't end up registering because of it. They're still going to get our money.
Good point. Though also I wonder what the internal costs/inconveniences are when things go THIS badly, and they have to simultaneously deploy surge capacity and focus all their social media on this. And right after the medals embarrassment.

One of the recent (post-2019) races didn't open right at 10am and everyone was in a panic, but then it opened about 10:10 and I was able to register with no issues. I've never seen this happen before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter