Marathon Weekend 2023

Which honestly is quite surprising lol
Check out their JSON response in the status message - it's quite involved.
It has an updateInterval property - assuming telling the client to refresh the status every X milliseconds (right now set to 30 seconds).
It also has a message property. So every 30 seconds they check the status endpoint and they can update the messages on the screen.

Honestly ... the surprise is that they remembered they built that in after 40 minutes.

I think they need someone with severe anxiety on the registration product team at runDisney! I'm sure they would have some suggestions to improve this process!

Nope, sorry, Disney does NOT get a pass on this - at least not from me. The reason people feel the need to have multiple browsers is because they've been burned too many times by the failure of Disney IT. They caused the problem and then dump the blame on people just trying to give them massive amounts of money.
So you’ve been online for registration at 10 Am and been denied registration before? Maybe for a 5k, seems unlikely for anything else. Also, the IT department doesn’t get to set their own budget but keep complaining.

I was supposed to take my dog for a walk. I think I jinxed us all. Told my wife (about an hour ago) this will be done in a half hour, 45 minutes tops and then a I will walk him. Sorry!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter