Marathon Weekend 2022

trying again. Does anyone have a phone number or good email to use to try and get a replacement shirt? Threads unraveling in several places on my daughter’s marathon short. Wondering if anyone on here has had any history of getting something replaced. Thanks
We don’t remember which email but my wife did get a replacement 2020 10k medal due to losing the yellow lines on it. We didn’t think we would be successful as Disney typically doesn’t ship to Canada but they did send a replacement.

If you missed DATW on Monday, you missed a couple of things:

- First, a very loud and very crude in-person Sundays (Mondays) are for Disney. There were shots. There was cursing. I'm sorry for any embarrassment I caused.

- Second, my retirement from Disney/runDisney.

Even typing this all out feels kind of narcissistic, but I know some folks have grown accustomed to SAFD posts and whatnot, so this is to let everyone know what's up. My kids are getting older. I'm getting older. Disney is getting more expensive and the experience isn't rising with the costs.

So, I'm stepping away from all things Disney in order to better focus my time and resources on other destinations and other races. I'm also stepping away from the boards, which means no more SAFD (at least from me). It's been a good run, but it's time for something different.

I have described Marathon Weekend like a high school reunion. Once a year, a bunch of us come in from around the world to run and gripe about the weather, but mostly laugh, drink and eat. With many of you, it has come to feel more like a family reunion. I genuinely enjoy your company and look forward to seeing you.

This will likely be a Roger Clemens-like retirement. Even with all of the hassles and the costs, runDisney is something I have loved very deeply. I'll likely be back one day, but it's going to be a minute or two this time. Until then, I hope you all stay healthy, keep running and keep these marathon threads going strong.

Goof Troop forever.

- First, a very loud and very crude in-person Sundays (Mondays) are for Disney. There were shots. There was cursing. I'm sorry for any embarrassment I caused.

Even typing this all out feels kind of narcissistic, but I know some folks have grown accustomed to SAFD posts and whatnot, so this is to let everyone know what's up. My kids are getting older. I'm getting older. Disney is getting more expensive and the experience isn't rising with the costs.

So, I'm stepping away from all things Disney in order to better focus my time and resources on other destinations and other races. I'm also stepping away from the boards, which means no more SAFD (at least from me). It's been a good run, but it's time for something different.

I have described Marathon Weekend like a high school reunion. Once a year, a bunch of us come in from around the world to run and gripe about the weather, but mostly laugh, drink and eat. With many of you, it has come to feel more like a family reunion. I genuinely enjoy your company and look forward to seeing you.

This will likely be a Roger Clemens-like retirement. Even with all of the hassles and the costs, runDisney is something I have loved very deeply. I'll likely be back one day, but it's going to be a minute or two this time. Until then, I hope you all stay healthy, keep running and keep these marathon threads going strong.

Goof Troop forever.
Sorry to hear that and sorry I didn’t make it to DATW. I agree the experience is not as magical as it used to be.

Does anyone know how much a single photo pass picture costs? I’m not seeing it in the app but haven’t dug too deep. I only have 2-3 that I’d like from the marathon and am not sure if it’s worth it.

This feels deeply narcissistic because I know other people in the world are named Jillian not just me… but did someone call my name on Monday night in Epcot’s Mexico pavilion area?

Goof Troop forever.
There is nothing narcissistic about you sharing this news. Having been on these threads since 2015 I have seen some folks come and go, but your leaving lis a real loss. Totally understand and support your reasoning (not that you need it from me), but I will miss your leadership, humor and the support you brought to the threads. Not to mention, incredible fireworks photos! Please don’t be a stranger, come back and visit, or come back and stay! Wishing you the best.

Goof Troop forever.
Thanks for keeping this place interesting enough for me to sign up and complete 2 HMs! I’ve love playing your weekly game, and look forward to the years ahead seeing you occasionally around here!

A few favorites from Enchantment and Harmonious.

Gorgeous shots! I meant to ask what you're shooting with when I saw your bag and tripod at DATW. (I'm a Sony A9/A7rii girl.)

Sorry I didn't stick around long enough for the big announcement. It sounds like you've put a lot of though into it and you're prioritizing the right things for you. We'll miss your enthusiasm and energy! And as someone who waited far to long to get involved in the meetups, I appreciate how welcoming you and the whole group have been.

Does anyone know how much a single photo pass picture costs? I’m not seeing it in the app but haven’t dug too deep. I only have 2-3 that I’d like from the marathon and am not sure if it’s worth it.

I have spots left on my account if you want to DM me your bib info. I'd be happy to grab and share your pics with you!

Well now I know why I can't seem to get over my "heat exhaustion."

I came home with a medal and covid.

Same 😔
But I was expecting it, and just thankful it happened after.

99.9% sure I have it as well. Testing out here in So Cal is bonkers, and we waited in a 1 1/2 hour line yesterday (my youngest was exposed at school) to get tested. No clue when we’ll get results. Feeling so guilty that I was likely contagious during the Marathon and my flight home on Monday. 😔 Thankfully wore my more protective mask on the plane. We knew we were taking a risk, but it just doesn’t seem worth it now. Not so excited for Springtime races at this point…

Thank you to everyone on this board. I had a magical marathon weekend and you guys helped make that happen!! Special shout out to @DopeyBadger - your spreadsheet was a lifeline again for me this year. I was too ahead of schedule for my Germany beer and pretzel, but I was able to find a beer (Aass Pilsner :rotfl2:) and Lefse at the Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe in Norway to cross the finish line with.

Absolute joy and complete satisfaction. The funny thing is that I did start to get emotional and a little choked up when I got my marathon finisher ears. I ended up getting 22 pictures with characters plus some selfies of things like the Orange Bird and the Nautilus. It was so amazing that I signed up to run the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror Ten Miler with my 15 y/o daughter.

It was a fun week. I did Dopey for the first time. I ran the 5k and 10k with some effort, so was pleasantly surprised when I had enough in me to get a PR in the half. My wife and I did the full together and it was another great experience. I think this will be her final marathon. My daughter did the marathon on ~ 5 runs of 3 miles each. We did pass her midway when she really slowed, and she had to stop at a medical tent to have her ankle wrapped, but 90% of her pictures look like they could be on runDisney promos. Not sure how my daughter could struggle so much, but somehow smile for almost ever picture... including a finish line picture that gives the impression she won the marathon. :rotfl2: The pics of my wife and me were not nearly as good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter