Marathon Weekend 2022

My text message about the course shortening is time stamped 11:28am on marathon Sunday 2020

I got that text message, too, but it arrived after I finished and my wife told me about the course shortening that was already the talk of the spectators, so I don’t think it’s an accurate indicator of when the course was shortened.

Hey, everyone - I had been so excited about this solo trip and my first in-person race in 2 years…now I’m wondering if I’m just going to be a miserable ball of crowd/Covid anxiety the entire time. My mom and daughter were positive over Christmas, work is crazy, and for the first time in my life, I’m thinking canceling a Disney trip would be better. Maybe I’d be less stressed just forfeiting the money and sitting at home. There’s a part of me that’s still excited to go, which is why I haven’t canceled anything. Just trying to figure out how to approach this without adding more stress and anxiety to my life right now.

With the arrival of the expo passes and bib numbers, the subject of weather has stopped...but, I will bring it up again!
Apparently, 2 years ago, the marathon was shortened by 2 miles. If there any runners here that were at that marathon, at what
time into the race did they make this decision? and what was their criteria? Is there a chance that this years marathon
will be shortened?? thanks

I was right about to turn into Blizzard Beach when they cut that 1.5ish mile loop from the course. Looking at my photos, it was around 11:15-11:20, and the text telling me that came later (probably due to digital congestion). Really hoping for some clouds this year if it's going to insist on being hot!

Woohoo! We are 1 hour into our 4hr road trip to the airport hotel. Flight is scheduled to leave at 7:00 and fingers crossed that it holds up since I know our area is supposed to get hammered with snow (I heard 10in?!) overnight and tomorrow.

Sending good vibes your way!

It was a glorious feeling today when we walked off the plane at MCO. This is really going to happen and it's going to be awesome!!!

I'm not sure why runDisney does not let folks "transfer" from the in-person race to the virtual. They keep your money and only have a very modest shipping charge to send you the shirt and medal (which of course is a sunk cost to them anyway). It would be good PR and would reduce the number of on course participants which would make life easier for Disney and everyone involved.
This is all good and definitely what they should do, I’m just not sure they’re capable of it. Last i checked they’re still backed up trying to send out Wine and Dine virtual medals.

Just drove in from NE Ga and MDE has “lost” tonight’s dinner reservation at Rose and Crown. Tried to link it, but it is “already linked to an account.” (Yeah, mine.) Searched and found it through disney.com. Took a screen shot with confirmation number just in case there is a problem. Apparently the phone version is just not accessing it. I had to sign in three times, but at least I didn’t lose my whole account!
And that right there is why I record all of my confirmation numbers on a tab of my trip planning spreadsheet (which is stored on multiple devices and the cloud)

This is all good and definitely what they should do, I’m just not sure they’re capable of it. Last i checked they’re still backed up trying to send out Wine and Dine virtual medals.
Sad, but true. They should save themselves some money and just shove my W&D challenge stuff in with my virtual Marathon stuff. Or maybe hang onto it and I’ll grab it when I’m down for Princess Weekend? 😆😆

First time runner question....Do I need to bring my own safety pins for my bib or do they provide them?

And just to double check, I DON'T need to purchase Memory Maker to get my race photos?

First time runner question....Do I need to bring my own safety pins for my bib or do they provide them?

And just to double check, I DON'T need to purchase Memory Maker to get my race photos?
They provide safety pins. Not sure about Memory Maker

You'll get the pins and while I think you can view and buy individual race photos after the fact I'm not totally sure. I do believe you can buy MM post trip, at least you could at one time, but I am not sure you can retroactively like the race photos to them.

For MM if you link your bib in MDE you should see your photos just with a photopass watermark much like any ride/character/photopass photos taken in parks if you don’t have a MM

I like the 10k color. I don’t think I have any in that color. Can you still exchange for a different size at the expo? I think I’ve outgrown my small :sad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter