Marathon Weekend 2022

My marathon bib number is 1427. Unfortunately, I don't have a frame of reference. Is this a late start or a middle of the road start? Does anyone like DopeyBadger have an idea what time I will potentially start running?

Look a page or 2 back. @DopeyBadger put up a spreadsheet with estimated start groups based on bib numbers.

When do they usually show these? I was hoping to see them before I leave (Thursday) so I can plan outfits around them haha.
I was under the impression that the shirt colors would match the background of the logos shown on the virtual races page. We’ll find out soon enough though.

I was under the impression that the shirt colors would match the background of the logos shown on the virtual races page. We’ll find out soon enough though.
That's how it was for W&D weekend. Shirts were the logos/artwork from the website. Background color of the design was the shirt color.

That is my guess though my favorite shirts were the white ones I got between 2006 and 2011.

I have bib 39XX for the marathon. I can't remember what I estimated my time to be. I think I just took a wild guess but I was probably being optimistic.

Does this mean I'm NOT going to be in the last (or close to it) corral? I can't tell how many bibs there are. Training didn't go as I'd hoped and I'm going to be hard-pressed to even finish, so I need all the time I can get to stay ahead of the balloon ladies. But on the other hand, I don't want to get in the way of the better runners by starting in a corral I don't deserve.

If it is the case that I'm undeservedly in the wrong corral, would it be ethical to start at the back anyway, or are there any tips for slower runners staying out of the way of the faster runners so I don't hold others up? I'm kind of on the fence about what is the right thing to do.

I'm on a FB group with Club rD members who are reporting bib numbers they were given with Platinum/Gold status. Would that be useful for your spreadsheet @DopeyBadger or do you want to keep the data to the DIS? Happy to DM you the numbers being reported there if it helps.

It wouldn't be of help. I believe the Platinum members will be in s2 regardless of number. But @ValW's number is a fringe s1 value despite no POT.

My marathon bib number is 1427. Unfortunately, I don't have a frame of reference. Is this a late start or a middle of the road start? Does anyone like DopeyBadger have an idea what time I will potentially start running?

Based on the data collected thus far that appears to be in s2 of six starting groups. Starting time estimate is 5:07 to 5:20 assuming on time start of 5:00am and balloon ladies at 6:00am.

I have bib 39XX for the marathon. I can't remember what I estimated my time to be. I think I just took a wild guess but I was probably being optimistic.

Does this mean I'm NOT going to be in the last (or close to it) corral? I can't tell how many bibs there are. Training didn't go as I'd hoped and I'm going to be hard-pressed to even finish, so I need all the time I can get to stay ahead of the balloon ladies. But on the other hand, I don't want to get in the way of the better runners by starting in a corral I don't deserve.

If it is the case that I'm undeservedly in the wrong corral, would it be ethical to start at the back anyway, or are there any tips for slower runners staying out of the way of the faster runners so I don't hold others up? I'm kind of on the fence about what is the right thing to do.

You likely put 4:30-5:00 based on your bib number. You will likely be in s3. Your start time is estimated to be 5:20-5:38am vs the balloon ladies of 6:00am.

so first of all it is very courteous of you to even think about this

we don’t know for sure what your coral will be yet but I think it is safe to say that you won’t be in the last corral with the bib number.

you can always start in a later corral if you would feel more comfortable; however, if it were me, I would start in your assigned corral and just make sure to move over when walking and be courteous to people passing you.

it will be a congested course at times regardless and I doubt you will be the only one running at your pace even if you start in a faster coral than you think you deserve.

my biggest tip- would be that if you start in a faster coral, make sure you don’t burn yourself out trying to keep up with people who are going to finish at a significantly faster pace. I have done that before and it’s no fun to run a super fast first half and then struggle the second half because you burned yourself out!

whatever choice you make- just make sure to have fun!

I'm on a FB group with Club rD members who are reporting bib numbers they were given with Platinum/Gold status. Would that be useful for your spreadsheet @DopeyBadger or do you want to keep the data to the DIS? Happy to DM you the numbers being reported there if it helps.
On second hand, yes please send. I’ll use it if I find it interesting.

Im hoping to finish the file tonight.

You likely put 4:30-5:00 based on your bib number. You will likely be in s3. Your start time is estimated to be 5:20-5:38am vs the balloon ladies of 6:00am.
so first of all it is very courteous of you to even think about this

we don’t know for sure what your coral will be yet but I think it is safe to say that you won’t be in the last corral with the bib number.

you can always start in a later corral if you would feel more comfortable; however, if it were me, I would start in your assigned corral and just make sure to move over when walking and be courteous to people passing you.

it will be a congested course at times regardless and I doubt you will be the only one running at your pace even if you start in a faster coral than you think you deserve.

my biggest tip- would be that if you start in a faster coral, make sure you don’t burn yourself out trying to keep up with people who are going to finish at a significantly faster pace. I have done that before and it’s no fun to run a super fast first half and then struggle the second half because you burned yourself out!

whatever choice you make- just make sure to have fun!

Wow, I don't think even at my most optimistic I thought I could finish in under 5 hours. I must have made a mistake.

As much as that extra time sure would help, I don't think I'd feel comfortable up there with those faster runners. I WOULD feel pressured to keep up somewhat so as not to be in the way, and in the end it would probably hurt me more than it would help me.

Would you have put 5:30-6:00, 6:00-6:30, or 6:30-7:00? Or register after POT date? Your number is the highest I've got so far and I have two at 308xx in 5:30-6:00 submissions.

I registered day of, included a sub-4 marathon time and I think estimated 4:00-4:30, but I can’t be certain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter