Marathon Weekend 2022

or *mis* recognize! I got called a University of Georgia fan more times than I could count when I wore my Elastigirl outfit. Frankly looking at their logo and comparing it to the Elastigirl logo, Georgia could sue Pixar pirate: Same colors and everything.

Not to mention the number of times I heard "Go Mrs. Hulk!" when i wore a She-Hulk t-shirt in my first marathon. That one I accepted more pleasantly.
IThe announcers asked if the Y on my shirt stood for Brigham Young University where I went to school or Yoda who was on my back at the time. I replied both.
Wore my C3PO shirt for the...2018 marathon?...and got called out by the announcer in DHS - "C3PO, not the droid we're looking for." Made my life. :rotfl2:
That's awesome. I was dressed as Kylo Ren for the 2016 Light Side 10K in Disneyland and when I finished, they announced that Kylo Ren was crossing the finish line and played his theme from the movie. I think I liked that better than the one time they announced my name as I crossed the finish line. I'm such a Star Wars geek. :darth::chewy:

In 2011 you got free admission to one park the Monday after the marathon if you ran the full so we stayed and extended our vacation a day. I felt really good walking around until I had to leave American Adventure and that downward ramp. I started going down and quickly realized that if I needed to stop suddenly it was not going to be pretty. I was weaving around people picking up speed like an out of control marble.

We also made the mistake of telling the Biergarden people that we didn't care where we sat and we were right next to the stage. Carrying those trays down flights of stairs while not spilling was like an Olympic sport.
No joke, I walked down a ramp backwards after my first half. Only way I could guarantee I wouldn’t fall on my face.

81. @dopeybadger’s annual reminders about heat acclimation, typically followed by bitterly cold race day temps.
82. The Floridians' constant pleas to "bring clothes for every kind of weather!", followed the next week by the complaints from those who only packed for cold or hot temps. :rotfl2:

This chart says it all:

Screen Shot 2021-10-01 at 2.58.07 PM.png

Look at Jan 8th 2015 which had a T+D of 60s in the morning (think around 30F). Look at Jan 10th 2014 which had a T+D of 140s (think around 70-80 with high humidity).

Now the real kickers, look at Jan 8th 2015 vs Jan 12th 2015. Separated by only four days, you go from 30s to 80s F. Or Jan 10th 2016 vs Jan 12th 2016. Separated by only two days and you're looking at 80s vs 40s.

So between years the weather swings wildly. Within a few days (i.e. 5k race vs marathon race) the weather swings wildly. PLAN FOR EVERYTHING no matter what the 10 day forecast might say. We've got past data showing that even a few days out weather predictions aren't believable compared to what actually happens on that day. ANYTHING is possible!

But I'd always rather do heat acclimation training and get cold temps, then not do heat acclimation training and get warm temps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter