• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Marathon Weekend 2020

SAFD: (Screaming in an empty room) “THE XXXXXXX OSBORNE FAMILY XXXXXXX CHRISTMAS LIGHTS WHEN BLOODY RUNNING THROUGH IT AT XXXXXX NIGHT DURING SODDING WINE AND DINE”

I feel better.
(Sigh)
That was cathartic.
I like all these parades/ shows that people named and was struggling to decide which one I liked most. And then ... you nailed it!

Good morning, runDisney all-stars!

We are 170 days away from Marathon Weekend! For Sundays are for Disney, what is your all-time favorite nighttime show at a Disney park?

Happily Ever After is growing on me, but the one-two combo of Celebrate the Magic and Wishes will probably never be topped for me, too. I love IllumiNations, as well.

Have a great week, everyone!

SAFD: The Main Street Electrical Parade. The start with “ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls” in that synth voice gets me every time.

SAFD: (Screaming in an empty room) “THE XXXXXXX OSBORNE FAMILY XXXXXXX CHRISTMAS LIGHTS WHEN BLOODY RUNNING THROUGH IT AT XXXXXX NIGHT DURING SODDING WINE AND DINE”

That was a thing? I remember W&D used to be a night race, but wasn't that familiar with the old courses. Running under those lights would've been awesome! Too bad they're gone AND there's no more night races!

SAFD: When I was at WDW in February 2016 (and maybe January 2018 as well? Can't remember the exact trip), we saw the most amazing Star Wars fireworks at DHS. It was awesome. Great fireworks, perfect music, everything.

I was severely disappointed with the fireworks at DHS at 2019 marathon weekend. It seemed sort of blah - we actually gave up and went to Toy Story Mania for an extra ride during EMH.

I also really enjoy Happily Ever After.

That was a thing? I remember W&D used to be a night race, but wasn't that familiar with the old courses. Running under those lights would've been awesome! Too bad they're gone AND there's no more night races!
It was definitely a thing, and it was fantastic! I’d love to do another W&D night race at Disney, with the Osborne Lights and the Disco Tunnel.

I’ve lurked here for a while, but this is my first post. My first rD race was the 2013 Princess Half, and I’ve been hooked ever since.

SAFD: Hands-down, Osborne Lights FTW!!! But July 4th fireworks at EP are a very close second, and...
My nighttime show has to be the original version of the Star Wars fireworks back when they did Star Wars weekends.
I also really enjoyed the fireworks for the Pirates & Princess Party.
Yep, ditto both of those!

Honorable mentions to the soon-to-be-old MNSSHP fireworks, and the old EP fireworks show featuring "Rhapsody in Blue."

What day is the medal reveal?

I think all they said was “next week.” So that could be 2 seconds from now, sometime Friday, or anytime in between.

Now that they’ve announced medal reveals are coming I’d think they’d want to do it sooner than later since it’s a pretty transparent effort to drive interest in the Weekend and specifically registrations for the longer races.

I think all they said was “next week.” So that could be 2 seconds from now, sometime Friday, or anytime in between.

Now that they’ve announced medal reveals are coming I’d think they’d want to do it sooner than later since it’s a pretty transparent effort to drive interest in the Weekend and specifically registrations for the longer races.
I’d think today because of “medal Monday”

Makes sense.

Now, if they could just open up the 10K again...

Oh wow... those 5K and 10K medals just got revealed on the Disney FB page. I can't get a good screencap of them so I'll let someone get them. But... uh... while I was correct on the "throw back theme" assumption, they're kind of lackluster. Really hoping we get some better challenge and half/full medals.

My initial reactions: :sad2::scared::rotfl2::confused3

Oh wow... those 5K and 10K medals just got revealed on the Disney FB page. I can't get a good screencap of them so I'll let someone get them. But... uh... while I was correct on the "throw back theme" assumption, they're kind of lackluster. Really hoping we get some better challenge and half/full medals.

My initial reactions: :sad2::scared::rotfl2::confused3

Wow. Totally unimpressed. At least we get one more day of hope on the 1/2, full and challenge medals before being underwhelmed tomorrow!

Wow. Totally unimpressed. At least we get one more day of hope on the 1/2, full and challenge medals before being underwhelmed tomorrow!

I need to see my girl Minnie on that full medal and hopefully something cool for goofy since it’s his big anniversary race. The problem for me is that these are race medals for the biggest rundisney event of the year and they look... flat. I hope it’s because it’s a rendering and we aren’t seeing any cool details like sparkly paint or raised designs. That said - not holding my breath and hoping to be surprised tomorrow and through the rest of the week during the reveals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter