Marathon Weekend 2020

Re:upcoming adr window opening. We talked and this time around we are going to wait until the fast pass window opens and then plan after those are set. I am mostly focused on unique quick service stuff or trash we only eat there. Eating at an expensive table service place isn’t a priority since I run one. Now, buffets in the other hand...cape May cafe and the Biergarten are for sure on the agenda. We may do akershus and/or garden grill for pictures with our daughter. And we may go off site in search of stone crab claws. All the stone crab claws please.

Also, I think I have used “for sure” twice in the past two days, and I would like to state that I do not, in fact, sound like spicoli. I sound like frank oz. so wocka, wocka, wocka, to you.

These look fun- but why make them so limited!?
Disney just can't get enough of the manufactured Magic Band frenzy this year.
If they just wanted the $$$$ there are more than 1,000/2,000 runners that would spend the $35 for one of these. Crazy!

I ended up pulling the trigger on the "standard" Dopey Magic Band last weekend because I'm going in September and back again in January for Dopey. I don't like any of the LE magic bands - so no buyers remorse there!

Looks like my FP reservations and ADRs are lining up on the same week, so hopefully I can manage all of that with a 3am wake up call :)

Little bummed that they released the discount codes for races - perhaps I should learn to be patient and know these races don't sell out any more. There's even still challenge bibs for Princess Weekend available and that's looking very tempting right now :rolleyes1

These look fun- but why make them so limited!?
Disney just can't get enough of the manufactured Magic Band frenzy this year.
If they just wanted the $$$$ there are more than 1,000/2,000 runners that would spend the $35 for one of these. Crazy!

Just tried to buy one for Marathon Weekend to commemorate my first FULL and the merchandise page just says "Oops! Looks like you have no products available for purchase" even though my registration shows up just fine on my dashboard and in my events. ::sigh:: Anyone else run into this? It's like it doesn't "see" my registration.

UPDATE: Checked with another source and it seems it's a known issue. Dropped a direct line to rD to report it. Hopefully they get it fixed before they sell out.

Last edited:
So, our group rate for Marathon Weekend is FINALLY working and anyone who previously talked to me about booking should have received a confirmation email by now!

If anyone else is still interested in joining the group block, I have VERY limited availability for 1/7 at Pop Century - but every day is wide open between 1/8-1/14 at both Pop and CB. The rates for Pop are $122/night (plus tax) and $192/night (plus tax) for CB.

You can add on the Dining Plan at 2020 rates or discounted parks tickets at any point, if that's something you need. I believe you can also book group tickets at the discount WITHOUT having a room reservation, but let me double-check on that.

Just tried to buy one for Marathon Weekend to commemorate my first FULL and the merchandise page just says "Oops! Looks like you have no products available for purchase" even though my registration shows up just fine on my dashboard and in my events. ::sigh:: Anyone else run into this? It's like it doesn't "see" my registration.

UPDATE: Checked with another source and it seems it's a known issue. Dropped a direct line to rD to report it. Hopefully they get it fixed before they sell out.

That happened to me. It said it couldn't find my account, but then it showed I was registered for the Marathon. I clicked to edit my registration, didn't make any changes and then clicked to save it and then it took me to the merchandise screen and I was able to buy it.

That happened to me. It said it couldn't find my account, but then it showed I was registered for the Marathon. I clicked to edit my registration, didn't make any changes and then clicked to save it and then it took me to the merchandise screen and I was able to buy it.

Tried it, but no luck here. Thanks for the suggestion, though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter