• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Marathon Weekend 2020

I only saw Aurora and Snow White out around WS. That’s why I thought there was a lack of characters there, but apparently Belle and Jasmine were out too!
I did not see anybody. Maybe I was worse off by the time I got there than I thought, and had tunnel vision or something.

I totally missed Olaf - but now in my BB race photos, I totally see his line behind me!

Belle was in France and Jasmine in Morocco when I ran by, but I missed the others!

When I ran by Aurora & Belle we’re together in France. I didn’t stop for them or Jasmine becomes there were small lines for them. Snow White must of just come off break or something g becomes there was no one in line when I passed, so I made a u and got a pic with her.

Did I capture everything??? We’re Esmeralda and Clopin our for both races?

Half:
- Pirates
- Reindeer (not Sven).
- Duffy
- Queen of Hearts
- Dopey
- Pinocchio
- Pluto
- Yellow Dress Daisy
- Speedboat Goofy
- Lilo
- Horace
- Panchito
- Woody
- Esmeralda and Clopin
- Lightning McQueen & Tow Mater

Full:
- Tinkerbell and Periwinkle(?)
- Judy Hops & Nick Wilde
- Phineas & Ferb
- Hawaiian Stitch
- Vanellope
- Buzz Lightyear
- White Rabbit
- Sebastian
- Jessie
- Jafar
- Gravediggers
- Yellow Dress Daisy & Dress Coat & Top Hat Donald
- 2 Country Bears (Shaker and Liverlips)
- Football Goofy
- Orange Bird
- Timon
- Kevin
- Adventurer’s Club
- Hyacinth (pink Fantasia hippo)
- Aurora
- Belle
- Snow White
- Max Goof
- Speedboat Goofy
- Safari Mickey
- Minnie - Fiesta
- Pluto x2 (GF & ESPN)
- Olaf
- Flick & Atta
- Mr. & Mrs. Incredible and Frozone
- Lightning McQueen & Tow Mater

Colonial Minnie was in Liberty Square for the half.

This was my first WDW half marathon and I didn't think the course was that bad. Sure, more park time would have been great, but love the fan support at TTC, Grand Floridian and Poly, in addition to Main Street. Geographically, there's not a whole lot they could do about getting more park time. Even with the Disneyland Half Marathon, there wasn't all that much park time and we were done with the parks by Mile 4. Other than a short run through Angels Stadium, there wasn't a whole lot interesting on that race either besides the parks. And not much can be done about FW this year. There's so much construction that it would have been difficult to funnel runners through it. Not sure how it will look next year, but by Marathon Weekend 2022, it should be available again.

Opinions will undoubtedly vary on what makes a course better than others, but for me, 4 miles in the parks at DL is order of magnitudes better than barely 2 miles in the parks at WDW. And I LOVED racing through Angels Stadium during the DL Half. Total highlight for me. I also find the streets of Anaheim and Garden Grove more interesting than the parking lots and freeways of WDW, but totally just my opinion.

I also fall in that "Can't believe it's over" group. I have been wanting to do a runDisney event since 2014, and it finally happened :) For the most part, it was a lot of fun and I want to do it again...maybe even Dopey. I obviously have no frame of reference for other courses and previous years, but I'm pretty sure the first half of the 10k was my least favorite. I actually enjoyed most of the half and minus a stinky dumpster near Mexico, I was pretty good with the 5k and the second half of the 10k. I just need to figure out a way to get more sleep and find a better way to mentally cope with the course congestion. By the morning of the half, I was pretty much falling asleep on the pavement in my corral and having flash nightmares about running in crowds. Not much perspective on the full minus the spot where I was cheering for a while in AK.

Guys. Out of nowhere I just started to miss marathon training. Who am I?

I feel really good today, even with walking 20k steps the last 2 days. Chafing is starting to heal - now I’m just tired from 3hrs of sleep last night (home from the airport at 3am, and back to work at 7am).

I had a lot of anxiety about the race and the weather - but now I feel so much more confident in my abilities, and my fueling and hydration. I finished slower than I expected - but was slowed by the heat, not so much tired legs. I really didn’t hit a wall until the last 1/2 mile, when we left Epcot and entered that wasteland bthat seemed to last forever.

I feel like my training paid off - @DopeyBadger does it again! It’s such a good feeling! Maybe that’s why I miss it?!

That said, I feel uncertain about when my next runDisney event will be. Or Disney trip. For some reason, this trip - more than any other - left me feeling annoyed at how expensive everything is, how everything feels monetized. We love Disney, but maybe we need a break. I am excited for all the Epcot changes - so if we do take a break, it won’t be for long!

Congratulations to all this weekend’s runners!! And for all the tips, advice, motivation over the last year! I might have been too shy to show my face at any of the GTG, but I really appreciated this community along the way!

I am not responsible for anything DATW Jenna said.

giphy.gif

Part of me is glad to be back home, but most of me is still missing the Marathon Weekend!

Thanks to the entire group for supporting me and others during training, answering all my questions, and prepping me for the Marathon this weekend. I am so happy that I was able to meet so many of you during the Friday meetup at HH and DATW! I had so much fun on Monday with everyone - 6 hours went by like 6 minutes. It was so much fun to nerd out on running and Disney with all of you (two of my favorite topics that non-runners and non-Disney'ers just don't get).

I'm so glad I had the chance to meet the group this weekend -- good luck in 2020 and beyond! I'm going to do my best to get back down in 2021!! If I can't make it, I'll be sure to stalk the boards and wish I was there :)...

Part of me is glad to be back home, but most of me is still missing the Marathon Weekend!

Thanks to the entire group for supporting me and others during training, answering all my questions, and prepping me for the Marathon this weekend. I am so happy that I was able to meet so many of you during the Friday meetup at HH and DATW! I had so much fun on Monday with everyone - 6 hours went by like 6 minutes. It was so much fun to nerd out on running and Disney with all of you (two of my favorite topics that non-runners and non-Disney'ers just don't get).

I'm so glad I had the chance to meet the group this weekend -- good luck in 2020 and beyond! I'm going to do my best to get back down in 2021!! If I can't make it, I'll be sure to stalk the boards and wish I was there :)...
Great meeting you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter