Mickey head ice cream or Churro.

Now I haven’t been training much this past year, have gained weight back, but as an inspiration DH said I should try for Dopey after he read in our local paper about two ladies that finished this year. Not having Light Side this year, or next, I’ve been wishing for a Disney race. I mostly walk the races, and know I can do the 5k, 10k, half back to back. It’s the marathon - a distance I’ve never considered, well seriously - that is terrifying me. However, I would get to go to Disney :love: So I think I will be signing up for Dopey in April.

Can’t believe I just said that :scared: Now to figure out the training

SAFD: I have to go with the classic Rice Krispie treat (plain, no chocolate or sprinkles) with honorable mentions to the Gaston’s Tavern cinnamon rolls and the Werther’s caramel popcorn in Germany.

Dole Whip because obviously, most of things from Boulangerie Patisserie les Halles(yes I looked that up), and chips in England - hold the fish, just the chips.

Also previously not rated but new to the list is the Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup. So forking good.

I mostly walk the races, and know I can do the 5k, 10k, half back to back. It’s the marathon - a distance I’ve never considered, well seriously - that is terrifying me. However, I would get to go to Disney :love: So I think I will be signing up for Dopey in April. Can’t believe I just said that :scared: Now to figure out the training

Glad to know I'm not alone here with all the wonderful runners. Have similar thoughts as you about the marathon, but figure if I could go couch to half in a year (with a nice finish time), I should be able to train to complete a full. Not willing to commit to Dopey for 2019, so it is the unofficial Minnie-Mickey Challenge for me, but maybe 2020.

most of things from Boulangerie Patisserie les Halles(yes I looked that up)
You're fancier than me by looking it up, I was too lazy & knew I couldn't get the spelling right so just put France Bakery!! But yes most things in there are so good, it would be a good stop before the finish of the marathon if I could actually do that that is!

Glad to know I'm not alone here with all the wonderful runners. Have similar thoughts as you about the marathon, but figure if I could go couch to half in a year (with a nice finish time), I should be able to train to complete a full. Not willing to commit to Dopey for 2019, so it is the unofficial Minnie-Mickey Challenge for me, but maybe 2020.

I know, a Marathon is a big distance! We can do it!

I know that I’m slow, but I’ve finished sort of 5 half marathons (one was the shortened wine and dine - so sort of) and 4 of those were 10k/half challenges. So, if I work hard at the training I can add in the Marathon. Somehow if I hadn’t waited until my mid 50s to do this it might have been easier :rolleyes1

Dole Whip because obviously, most of things from Boulangerie Patisserie les Halles(yes I looked that up), and chips in England - hold the fish, just the chips.

Also previously not rated but new to the list is the Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup. So forking good.

I don’t think people understand how underrated the “no fish, just chips” order is ...

This week I am "running" my first marathon weekend sim. In April I plan on registering for the 5k and my first marathon. That will give me two days of sleep and light park time in between... This Monday and Friday I have to go in to work early to teach a 3 am class (as compared to my usual 6:30 am start). Then, my first race of 2018 (HC 15k) is scheduled for next Sunday. It will be a long week full of melatonin and early bedtimes. Wish me luck!

Is a margarita a snack? Because I pick that.
This is my favorite snack. At Disney and elsewhere.

If we are sticking with snacks of the non-drinkable type, my favs are the carrot cake cookie at DS, the caramel popcorn in Germany at Epcot, Dole Whip float at MK, the buffalo chips at AK. And the dole whip with rum at AK, since it’s alcohol you enjoy with a spoon.

I like food and snacks (I mean, just look at my signature with dining reports!)

Our favorite snacks:

1) Cheddar Cheese Popcorn from Figment Popcorn Stand
2) Ice Cream Macaron from L'Artisan des Glaces
3) Himalayan Ghost from Thirsty River Bar
4) Queso from Tequila Bar
5) Citrus/Vanilla Swirl from Sunshine Terrace

Dole whip in all it's forms- spiked or not (Have they added the machines at POP yet? I heard it is coming soon!)
Rice crispy treat- Mickey's taste better than anywhere else!
And Disney's Almond Toffee- my family's latest obsession. Bags of toffee are lugged(they are heavy) home- then hidden/stolen toffee becomes the norm!
Nothing says "loving family" than hiding one's treats from everyone else!

I don't snack much at the parks because the meals are so filling, but I do enjoy....

-Caramel corn from Germany
-School bread from Norway
-Pineapple spear from Aloha Isle

I'm a Dole Whip fan too, but I gotta admit that the Dole Whip Pineapple Upside-Down Cake is gonna be a must-snack here in about eight weeks. Sounds/looks amazing.

SAFD: My favorite is a mickey caramel apple with ton of toppings- the more the better! It is the perfect snack for hubby and I to share. (Also @LSUlakes , I do enjoy a good Starbucks latte in the park, but I won't mention that for your sake ;)) The butterfinger cupcake at DHS was also amazing, but too sweet to list as a favorite.

Good morning, runDisney all-stars!

You know what day it is and you know what that means...Sundays* are for Disney. Let's roll.

What is your favorite snack at Disney World? As far as I'm concerned, snacks are anything eaten between regular meals, so don't feel like you have to stick typical snack items if you don't want to.

My favorite snacks include dole whips, citrus swirls, Mickey-shaped pretzels, ice cream sandwiches from sleepy hollow refreshments and turkey legs (it's a snack if you share!).

*Sundays are also for family, homework, housework, washing the car, going to see grandma, etc. Please feel free to answer these questions whenever you feel like it!

Cinnamon roll from Gaston's
Mickey Bar
Funnel Cake
Elephant IPA

Last edited:
SAFD:

1) The cookie sandwich at Earl of Sandwich. Basically a really good, rich, moist, giant round chocolate brownie split in half and filled with vanilla creme icing. It's basically a giant Oreo cookie, but soft. They used to do the same thing with a Peanut Butter filling and it was my wife's favorite treat anywhere, but they must have pulled it for allergy reasons.

2) I second, third, and fourth the motion on the cinnamon roll at Gaston's Tavern. Not to be missed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter