Marathon Weekend 2018

Ahhhhh so exciting! For Dopey, I’m in B, partner is in D and my younger sis is in E which she’s well happy with. We’ve all decided to run it together so I’m happy with that. Now to shake off this flu that’s I’ve had for almost 2 weeks and managed all of 3 runs...

I’m surprised to be in corral B for the marathon considering I entered an expected finish of 4:30 with a 1/2 POT of 1:54. With the issues I had during training I’ll probably start in the back of the corral just to stay out of the way of much faster runners.

If my calculations are correct, being in Corral D, I will have 6,757 Full (5,710 Half) starting before me and 16,829 Full (18,975 Half) starting after me. Also, 40% of the runners in the marathon and 47% of the runners in the half marathon are in Corrals G & H.

I’m surprised to be in corral B for the marathon considering I entered an expected finish of 4:30 with a 1/2 POT of 1:54. With the issues I had during training I’ll probably start in the back of the corral just to stay out of the way of much faster runners.

As far as I can tell, the anticipated finish time field is completely useless if you submit a POT below the cutoff. A 1:54 half marathon translates to roughly 3:58 in many finish time calculators.

Count me in the F crowd. Just happy not to be in the last one with the new format

Corral D for the full,however I keep telling myself every year I might just go back to the last corral and start with the balloon ladies and see what happens,this might just be the year.Gotta do something different,all the fulls lately feel the same,also try to ride Everest,only full that its been open by the time I got there was my first in 2013.You know what I'm 90% I want to try it this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter