Marathon Weekend 2018

We are just doing the half - I got coral A -- Would have been in B based on last year's structure. My daughter is in D and my wife, who never submitted a POT got G. I am glad she is not in H. I am planning to drop back from my coral to run with her.

I’m surprised to be in corral B for the marathon considering I entered an expected finish of 4:30 with a 1/2 POT of 1:54. With the issues I had during training I’ll probably start in the back of the corral just to stay out of the way of much faster runners.
I'm also shocked that I'm in corral B...I submitted the same expected finish time of 4:30 with a PoT of 1:52...maybe this will motivate me to finish a few minutes faster? Haha

If my calculations are correct, being in Corral D, I will have 6,757 Full (5,710 Half) starting before me and 16,829 Full (18,975 Half) starting after me. Also, 40% of the runners in the marathon and 47% of the runners in the half marathon are in Corrals G & H.

They're going to need at least eight mini-waves in these corrals to ease congestion, minimum ...

Anyone have a guess how far ahead of the sweepers the first wave of corral G will start in the half? That's where my rD group will be starting and I want to have some idea how much character time we have along the route.

Anyone have a guess how far ahead of the sweepers the first wave of corral G will start in the half? That's where my rD group will be starting and I want to have some idea how much character time we have along the route.

Based on past practice with the mini-waves, I guess they'll gain at least six minutes on the end of corral G, another 2-4 minutes before H starts, and then another 6-8 minutes before the balloon ladies cross the line.

I'm in corral F for the marathon. Yay!

FWIW: I did not submit a POT (didn't have a recent half marathon result) but I still entered my estimated finish time of 5:30. And just hoped for the best, knowing that I could still be placed in the last corral without a POT.

However, I then did the Wine and Dine half in November in just under 2:40. That was too late for this POT deadline but I kind of wonder if they are able to correlate that runDisney race result when assigning corrals for January?

Or maybe not and they just trust my estimated finish. Who knows! Just glad to be in corral F.

Based on past practice with the mini-waves, I guess they'll gain at least six minutes on the end of corral G, another 2-4 minutes before H starts, and then another 6-8 minutes before the balloon ladies cross the line.
Thanks - so 14-18 minutes. We can make up more time by moving faster than the 16 minute per mile pace, but I have never been back there.

Is it so crowded that we shouldn't expect to move faster than a 16 minute/mile pace? Also, how long are the character lines that far back in the corwds?

If we can get 5 or 6 character photos along the course, my wife will be happy. Think that is reasonable?

I am in Corral D for Dopey and staying at POFQ (sorry, I know that question is super old by now).

Work has been insane and I have only run twice in the past three weeks. I am definitely going to be able to finish, but I will need to change my expectations a bit. Lots of pictures and enjoying the atmosphere - we are also doing a lot of commando park touring Wednesday through Saturday and booked Mickey’s Backyard BBQ (unlimited beer, wine, and sangria) for Saturday night. This is really going to be more about the fun and not at all about achievement.

See you guys there! :)

Event Guide says that 5K and 10K will start every 8-15 minutes ... that feels like a lot more time between corrals than before? Or maybe I just try to block it out because Carissa?
That does seem like a lot longer.

Event Guide says that 5K and 10K will start every 8-15 minutes ... that feels like a lot more time between corrals than before? Or maybe I just try to block it out because Carissa?
Or maybe they are taking into account the waves? But yeah, 15 minutes seems like a lot.

We need corrals. I have had the day from hell and this would help greatly. Had to put my sweet baby Spock to sleep and just buried him in our back 40. :(

Sorry to hear about your pupper. Very sad.

The strategy with these corrals is simple - get there early, don't mess around in the pre-race area, head straight to the corrals and move to the very front of your corral.

Or be like those people that wait the last minute and then force their way to the front of the corral. actually don’t be that person.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter