Marathon Weekend 2018

Just returned from Disney, and late to the medal question! I have a medal holder that I absolutely love - from etsy, says "Run Happy." Many of my medals are stored away in a box, but the holder is for my favorites. Everyone thinks this is funny, but it's hanging in my closet. So I get to see it every day, but it's tucked away.

@pixarmom how funny mine medal rack is similarly set up. Mine is in the small hallway in my bedroom between bathroom and closet. But I get to see it everyday and that provides good memories. For me the medals are more about connecting me to a specific race memory. The only problem is that when I fill this rack up I am not sure where the next one will go, no space in this small hallway and after Dopey I will not have much space left on the rack. I suppose this is a good problem to have!

Mine are displayed in the hallway, so the lighting isn't the best. My most recent Disney and national park medals have buried the simpler medals underneath. They really have gotten more grand over time.

24euu1i.jpg

Last edited:
Happy Sunday everyone!

As always Sundays are for Disney.

Today's question: if money was not an issue what would be your post race celebration?

My answer: I think I would do an Illuminations boat cruise as that seems like a unique way to see the show. Another option would maybe be taking the Grand One Yacht out at the GF at night for the fireworks and electrical water pageant.

Happy Sunday everyone!

Today's question: if money was not an issue what would be your post race celebration?.

Well in Disneyland, we do the chef's counter at Napa Rose.

At WDW, I would rather set up a private dinner either at EPCOT or Grand Floridian. Maybe when Club 33 opens up - that will be it.

Today's question: if money was not an issue what would be your post race celebration?

My answer: I think I would do an Illuminations boat cruise as that seems like a unique way to see the show. Another option would maybe be taking the Grand One Yacht out at the GF at night for the fireworks and electrical water pageant.

Come on @rteetz, you need to think bigger than that. I'd start by booking all of Trader Sam's for a cocktail party followed by closing California Grill for a dinner just for us. As a nightcap, we'd take over Jellyrolls for some very off-key sing-a-longs.

Happy Sunday everyone!

I really wouldn't want anything too extravagant. This is my first time bringing my boyfriend to WDW, and our first time doing a race together since he's quite a bit faster and we usually split up to run our own paces. That's special in its own right, and I can't wait to show him how awesome Marathon Weekend is. We're only taking 3-day trip, so if money weren't an issue I'd add a day and book us a room at AKL or the Polynesian for some relaxation.

Last edited:
I would be renting out MK, but I'd also be inviting all you bozos great people to come with me! Grab a DJ to party at The Hub, keep the rides open, and one more Wishes (if they can still do that) at midnight!

May I suggest KC and the Sunshine Band? Memories of Disney Grad Night, late 1970's...

My celebration is to rent a helicopter to move easily between all your celebrations, and to view the fireworks. Possibly bombing people with harmless items, like Mickey confetti.

Staying at Cinderella's Castle. Having Art Smith and Wolfgang Puck preparing meals downstairs.

disneyMedals2017.jpg
A few Disney races: 6 Mickey Marathons, 4 Wine & Dine HMs, 2 Donald HMs, 1 Princess HM, 1 Star Wars HM, 1 Tower of Terror 10 miler, 1 ToT 13K, 1 Race for the Taste 10K, 1 ESPN 5K. I have great memories of each race. PRs in 16 out of 18 (excluding Princess where I paced my daughter, and Star Wars which was just a bad race on no sleep).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter