• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Marathon Weekend 2018

Something Disney is always around me, from clothes to music to movies to posters on the wall, etc. Just watched the Shaggy Dog the other night. I'm not a podcast person but follow all sorts of Disney Twitter & Instagram accounts.

Sunday Answer: Even though my infatuation with Disney has waned, I do still use my Mickey Waffle Maker. It make two small "hidden Mickey" style heads and is really a great, easy waffler. The other day, I waffled some tofu (Serious Eats suggestion) and it turned out quite tasty.
Interesting on the tofu in a waffle iron, might have to do that sometime.

I'm not sure this is the correct thread for my question....we will be there marathon weekend but will not be participating in any events. I've read that the events don't really affect crowds in the parks but can have an effect on transportation. Are there parks you would recommend avoiding on that Saturday and Sunday? Right now I'm planning on going to MK on Sunday since we are staying at FW and will take the boat. TIA!

Sundays are for Disney question: lots of small ways.

As most of you know, I started doing Sundays are for Disney with my family several years ago before bringing it here. That often includes putting on a Disney playlist in the car.

I have a Mickey mug at my desk, my twitter avatar is from the marathon, I watch past trip videos with my kids, look at photos I've taken on past trips and I follow Tom Bricker and several other Disney photogs on social media. We also have a little Disney corner in our house with photos and knickknacks.

I'm not sure this is the correct thread for my question....we will be there marathon weekend but will not be participating in any events. I've read that the events don't really affect crowds in the parks but can have an effect on transportation. Are there parks you would recommend avoiding on that Saturday and Sunday? Right now I'm planning on going to MK on Sunday since we are staying at FW and will take the boat. TIA!
The half marathon on Saturday and full marathon on Sunday both finish at EPCOT so you won't be affected taking a boat to MK on Sunday.

I can't think of a park I would avoid because of it. But Studios, AK & EPCOT will have runners going through them after park opening on Sunday and just EPCOTon Saturday, but they have crossing areas so guests can get by without interferring with the runners. Magic Kingdom will all be cleared out before park opening.

I do this! I've run two full marathons - one with a tiny ipod that I never turned on and the other without. I've been running all my races - from half marathons to 5Ks without music since the 2015 Disney marathon and I LOVE it. I also train without music now, unless I'm on the treadmill and chrome cast videos. Nice to enjoy surroundings, think about whatever and not have to worry about technology.

I upgraded to an iPhone 7 recently and since I don't care for the Bluetooth headphones, I run without music almost all the time now, too. It also has helped me to cut out getting the audio pace/time alerts during runs and just focus on running by feel.

Sundays are for Disney:

I've got my two guest rooms at my house decked out in Disney. One is Star Wars themed the other is more generally themed toward Disney. Most of the puzzles I've done are Disney themed and I glue the particularly cool ones to hang up in those rooms. I've got multiple medal racks on display. One with exclusively my medals from the Dopey Challenge, the other featuring medals from other races, a few of which were Disney races. I tend to see most, if not all, Disney movies and tend to gravitate toward them over other studios. I guess I'm closer to be a fanatic than I would have thought.

Sunday the races go through all four parks however they will be out of MK first which should have little affect. I've never found Saturday or Sunday to be overly crowded. I think you'll be fine with MK on Sunday.

As always Sundays are for Disney! Today's question...
Other than the DIS how do you bring Disney into your daily life?
1. Sorcerer Radio,
2. Disney music CDs in the car,
3. movies on TV (Big Hero 6 last night and Snow White before church this morning) and collection of movies on VHS and DVD,
4. digital photo frame rotating disney pictures,
5. Mickey and Mr. Toad plush sitting on each side of the TV,
6. medal rack holding this year's medals (shoeboxes hold the others through the years since DH ran Disney Marathon in 1994),
7. Mickey tote bag with "Marathoner" monogrammed on it,
8. Mickey "bath bombs,"
9. Mickey/ Minnie kitchen mugs and travel mugs,
10. stacks of regular tee shirts and runDisney shirts, DS who lives with us has tees/hoodies from every WS country + Ireland (from Raglan Road)
11. Mickey/Minnie pj's,
12. Dopey and AP magnets on my car, (used to keep seasonal antenna toppers, too, but newer car doesn't have antenna any more)
13. family photos in Disney frames on the wall and in standing frames on tables,
14. Fab Five throw on the back of the love seat,
15. Lumiere candlabra on the mantle,
16. 5 different figurines on the bookcase (2 just Mickey, 1 Mickey/Mickey, 1 Castle with Mickey, 1 Wilderness Lodge Totem),
17. "free" passholder glasses from Food and Wine festival,
18. Mickey kitchen towels,
19. magic bands ready and sitting in the kitchen,
20. 3 more trips planned in September, November, and January!

That's all I can think of right now. Do my friends think I am a weird old lady? Yes, they do! But DS and DIL have MUCH more, including lots of fine art and hidden Pascals on the walls in the half bath. (Hint: look behind the hand towel and high above the door + one more!) We STAY in the Disney mood.

Wait!
21. D&B purse from DL Half Marathon weekend/60th anniversary (I splurged)

Sundays...TBH Disney is no longer in my day-to-day life! My kids are older now and watching Disney Channel every day is no longer a necessity. LOL

Also: Chafing sucks....(vent over)

1. Sorcerer Radio,
2. Disney music CDs in the car,
3. movies on TV (Big Hero 6 last night and Snow White before church this morning) and collection of movies on VHS and DVD,
4. digital photo frame rotating disney pictures,
5. Mickey and Mr. Toad plush sitting on each side of the TV,
6. medal rack holding this year's medals (shoeboxes hold the others through the years since DH ran Disney Marathon in 1994),
7. Mickey tote bag with "Marathoner" monogrammed on it,
8. Mickey "bath bombs,"
9. Mickey/ Minnie kitchen mugs and travel mugs,
10. stacks of regular tee shirts and runDisney shirts, DS who lives with us has tees/hoodies from every WS country + Ireland (from Raglan Road)
11. Mickey/Minnie pj's,
12. Dopey and AP magnets on my car, (used to keep seasonal antenna toppers, too, but newer car doesn't have antenna any more)
13. family photos in Disney frames on the wall and in standing frames on tables,
14. Fab Five throw on the back of the love seat,
15. Lumiere candlabra on the mantle,
16. 5 different figurines on the bookcase (2 just Mickey, 1 Mickey/Mickey, 1 Castle with Mickey, 1 Wilderness Lodge Totem),
17. "free" passholder glasses from Food and Wine festival,
18. Mickey kitchen towels,
19. magic bands ready and sitting in the kitchen,
20. 3 more trips planned in September, November, and January!

That's all I can think of right now. Do my friends think I am a weird old lady? Yes, they do! But DS and DIL have MUCH more, including lots of fine art and hidden Pascals on the walls in the half bath. (Hint: look behind the hand towel and high above the door + one more!) We STAY in the Disney mood.

Wait!
21. D&B purse from DL Half Marathon weekend/60th anniversary (I splurged)
Love it!

50% of our coffee mugs are Disney.
In my office at work I have a "it's kind of fun to do the impossible plaque",
We have a fall in a hallway facing our garage door that has a bunch of big Disney and Disneyland Paris Pictures on it
The same wall also has my " every mile is magic" medal hanger that has all my Disney medals on it.
At work I have several different disney and disney-ish playlists on spotify that I listen to.
We play the loops of the WDW today channel from resort tv on Youtube on our living room team
Our Small Group at Church is primarily people that have a similar affection for both Disney and running.
The door leading to our garage is covered in cruise magnets.
Our Fridge has several photo magnets.
Our Son's room has 2 large framed Disney quotes and 2 vintage ride posters on the wall
We drink Joffrey's coffee on a regular basis
AP and DVC magnets on the cars
Disney race magnets on our cars.
Listening and contributing to Disney podcasts

so not really at all.

@SunDial -- I do my plan through TrainerRoad, but I've got a more advanced plan I put together I can send you that has a late October 70.3, as well as Dopey. It's pretty running intensive before and after the 70.3 because I have two Challenges and a Ragnar sandwiching the 70.3, and is already maxed out on swim distance because I prefer the swim workouts to be long, but at least it will give you an idea!

@FFigawi and @CheapRunnerMike both helped me refine it a bit, so I'm sure they'd be happy to offer input.

Of course I'll be happy to help!

Thanks @Keels and @FFigawi I will need all the help I can get. Been out of commission for 3 weeks. Who would figure with mid 90's temp and a heat index in the 100's one would get a cold. I didn't do any training during this time. Now I only have 11 weeks until I drive out to Texas.

All training is resuming today. Swim plan is about 1700 to 2300 meters in a pool every Monday. Every Wednesday will be a mile open water swim whether it is ocean or intracoastal waterway. There will be 3 mile runs after the swims. One other week night will be a bike ride of about 15 miles. Not sure how long the bike and run sessions will be for the next couple of weekends. They will be long enough to work out the nutrition needs

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. My original time goal was to finish under 7 hours. Now???

Thanks @Keels and @FFigawi I will need all the help I can get. Been out of commission for 3 weeks. Who would figure with mid 90's temp and a heat index in the 100's one would get a cold. I didn't do any training during this time. Now I only have 11 weeks until I drive out to Texas.

All training is resuming today. Swim plan is about 1700 to 2300 meters in a pool every Monday. Every Wednesday will be a mile open water swim whether it is ocean or intracoastal waterway. There will be 3 mile runs after the swims. One other week night will be a bike ride of about 15 miles. Not sure how long the bike and run sessions will be for the next couple of weekends. They will be long enough to work out the nutrition needs

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. My original time goal was to finish under 7 hours. Now???

Drop me a PM and we can get to work setting up a plan and schedule for you. :)

As always Sundays are for Disney! Today's question...

Other than the DIS how do you bring Disney into your daily life?

We call our office the Disney room. In there we have pictures that we have collected from our different trips, our medals, knickknacks, photos from our trips, Minnie/Mickey ears etc. We have Cogsworth on the mantle in our living room. Our cruise magnets are on the back of the front door. The boys two bedrooms are Star Wars themed. I use Mickey cooking utensils and a Star Wars Dooney and Bourke handbag. On my daily runs I listen to podcasts about runDisney/Disney. Also My kids watch a Disney movie almost everyday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter