Marathon Weekend 2018

You'll do it - I'm very jealous that you are well on your way. I'm planning on starting with next years races to try to register for the majors.

Keep in mind that for next years races the lotteries are this year for the most part. London has all ready opened and closed. Tokyo is going until the end of the month. Berlin and Chicago are in November. Boston is in September. And New York is the exception with it being Jan-Feb of the year it's run.

Keep in mind that for next years races the lotteries are this year for the most part. London has all ready opened and closed. Tokyo is going until the end of the month. Berlin and Chicago are in November. Boston is in September. And New York is the exception with it being Jan-Feb of the year it's run.

How many attempts did it take you to get in to London? I'm in the lottery there but the odds don't seem particularly encouraging. Are the Tokyo and Berlin lotteries as difficult to get in through as London? I've been to both cities, but the marathon would give me a great excuse to go back!

How many attempts did it take you to get in to London? I'm in the lottery there but the odds don't seem particularly encouraging. Are the Tokyo and Berlin lotteries as difficult to get in through as London? I've been to both cities, but the marathon would give me a great excuse to go back!

I actually went through Marathon Tours the year I did it...I joined Seven Continents Club back in 2012 actually before my failed WDW Marathon. I did enter last year and again this year since I want a chance to redo the course (I did finish in 2016 but I had pneumonia less then a month before the race so I felt like I never got the full race experience even though I finished it). When I knew i was going to have family in the area (or rather country) we decided to go through them. Tokyo is fairly difficult from what I've heard and I'm not sure about Berlin to be honest I've heard it can be difficult but there are other decent price alternatives to get bibs (charity). Chicago was my first one to succeed on my first try and I've heard there's a good acceptance rate.

Last edited:
I actually went through Marathon Tours the year I did it...I joined Seven Continents Club back in 2012 actually before my failed WDW Marathon. I did enter last year and again this year since I want a chance to redo the course (I did finish in 2016 but I had pneumonia less then a month before the race so I felt like I never got the full race experience even though I finished it). When I knew i was going to have family in the area (or rather country) we decided to go through them. Tokyo is fairly difficult from what I've heard and I'm not sure about Berlin to be honest I've heard it can be difficult but there are other decent price alternatives to get bibs (charity). Chicago was my first one to succeed on my first try and I've heard there's a good acceptance rate.

Have you found the Seven Continents Club to be worthwhile? I looked at it, but it seemed like a lot of money to put down in hopes that one day I might be able to buy a trip package to a major marathon from them IF members with more seniority didn't snap them all up. Am I missing something there?

Have you found the Seven Continents Club to be worthwhile? I looked at it, but it seemed like a lot of money to put down in hopes that one day I might be able to buy a trip package to a major marathon from them IF members with more seniority didn't snap them all up. Am I missing something there?

I think at least for London it's worth it. I'll admit it was only 100 when I joined. But when we were there for London they had a small reception at the hotel we were staying at. At one point they asked just how many SCC members were here I want to say at least half probably more of the hands went up. So it definitely gets an added bonus. I tried one year I think back in 2012 before they went to their lottery system they use now for after the SCC application period and didn't gain entry. They send out newsletters for other races and while I haven't used them yet I know that they are an option for all the majors except for Boston (they only offer hotels for that). So I guess its perspective but for a one time fee I think it's worth it. Especially with how bad the general overseas lottery for London is.

Last edited:
Happy Sunday! I hope everyone had a great week. As always Sundays are for Disney.

Today's question:

What do you do with your runDisney swag (medals, shirts, bibs, etc.), do you display it, put it in a box, something else?

My answer: my medals are hung on my wall as well as my bibs. My shirts I wear pretty regularly. I also have rundisney magnets that are proudly on my car.

Happy Sunday! I hope everyone had a great week. As always Sundays are for Disney.

Today's question:

What do you do with your runDisney swag (medals, shirts, bibs, etc.), do you display it, put it in a box, something else?

My answer: my medals are hung on my wall as well as my bibs. My shirts I wear pretty regularly. I also have rundisney magnets that are proudly on my car.

I wear the shirts all the time. They are basically my entire leisure time wardrobe.

My medals:
IMG_1694.JPG
On the left is the 2012 Half (my first race), on the right is the 2013 Marathon (first marathon), and the center is 2014-2017 Dopey (l-r 5k, Goofy, 10k, Half, Dopey, Full) All my other medals are on hangers elsewhere. Marathon Weekend medals get the prime real estate.

I have the bibs and they are in photo albums with pictures from my trip.

Today's question:

Since I only have one runDisney race under my belt, there's not a lot of swag. My marathon medal, as well as the shoes I wore for the race, are hanging up in my office with my other medals. I framed a pic from the marathon and also put that up with my bib above my desk.

I only have two rD shirts and they're both long sleeve, but they got a lot of use on the weekends while it was still cooler.

Medals are in my stairwell shrine with all my other marathon (and AG!) medals. I have a big frame with all my marathon bibs, including 3 Goofys. Shirts are tough for me. I really don't wear them that much, but I can't bring myself to get rid of them. I'm actually dreading the influx of Dopey shirts.

I've only done one rD race as well, and that medal is with my others waiting for my husband to build me a medal rack (I really should just find one I like and buy one though. He just started remodeling our bathrooms, so I think its going to be awhile!) I'm sure my PHM medal as well as any rD medal I get in the future will be in a prime spot on that medal hanger! I enjoy wearing my rD race shirt every so often. And I really like wearing my jacket when it's cool outside!

Do you think New Balance will keep putting out rD shoes and do you think they'll ever bring back some of the old designs? I would make a point to go to another rD race just to get a pair of Sorcerer Mickey shoes.

Do you think New Balance will keep putting out rD shoes and do you think they'll ever bring back some of the old designs? I would make a point to go to another rD race just to get a pair of Sorcerer Mickey shoes.
Your best bet is to look in Facebook groups, online, or new balance outlets. I think we see a new shoe brand before old designs are brought back...

Here is our current medal holder, though the majority are nonRunDisney medals/bibs. Magnets from the few Disney races are on the fridge. Wear the shirts all the time: for runs and for casual wear! Would love to do one of those bib bags eventually, b/c right now, they just get piled together in the paper clip, as you can see here.
IMG_2961.JPG

Today's question:

Medals are on medal racks in our office, just the Disney medals. Pins we just recently put them on various cork boards so they are near the medals. Shirts I wear whenever I take photos or family gatherings! Bibs are just in a folder along with my printed out results and other paper stuff from the RunDisney weekends. Any other things like the vinyls, Mickey plush, Cups are on display and magnets we put on cabinets.

Today's question:

My medals are in a box along with the others I've earned. My shirts are in a drawer waiting for the temperature to be cold enough for them to become part of the wardrobe. The only shirt I can wear on a regular basis is the cotton 5K one. It makes a good post run shirt.

IMG_0793.JPG

Today's question:

My Rundisney medals are all hung on the wall in my treadmill room. I needed more hangers so I found these cheap white vinyl type hangers to build out the bottom rows. However, I am out of space again and will likely have to start a display on another wall. I only have a handful of medals other than run Disney ones. I'm thinking that a better way to display these might be to pull out the challenge medals and leave only the individual race medals on this display.

I love the Rundisney shirts and wear them regularly. My favorites are the princess, tinker bell and marathon weekend shirts.

My RD medals, plus all my running medals, are hanging on a few different racks in my craft studio (that doubles as a guest room, so I hope my MIL is impressed later this month!). I just started saving my bibs, so they are up along the wall above. Crafting is my paying job, so I spend a lot of time in this room and seeing them makes me happy. As for the shirts, I wear them during runs and gym workouts. I do wish they would do some cute "dressy" RD shirts for everyday wear. Of course, I could just make my own...

I put in for London also. I believe 1% of applicants get in so not holding my breath. And I believe Japan is harder or just as hard to get into too. You can enter for London(may be closed now) through Marathon Tours without Seven Continents but it's a lottery too.

As for medals most are in a box but I did the magnet thing with a few so they are on the fridge.

Today's question:

Perfect timing for this question since I finally hung up my medal rack today. I don't have all of my medals on here since they are heavy, and I don't want the medal rack to fall off the wall (I don't think I found the studs on the wall when I hung it).
upload_2017-8-13_22-38-24.png
I wear the race shirts regularly.
And I have the race bibs in a binder. On the back of each bib I wrote the date, location and my finishing time (and splits if they're applicable in the results) on the back of each bib.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter