Marathon Weekend 2017!

Debating whether I would look totally insane walking my 13.1 around Epcot wearing my bib and race outfit...:scratchin

I was thinking similarly because (tooting my own horn), my costume deserves to be seen!

You both should! I don't have a costume but I am going to wear my bib. Feel like it is a statement about the spirit of the whole thing!

If this wasn't my first dopey I probably wouldn't be as sad. It only makes me want to do it again.

I hear ya. I think 2018 just elevated back to the 'only taking minutes to fill up' race and that makes me nervous! Maybe part of the challenge runners reimbursement is a guaranteed spot in the 2018 Weekend?

It's ~1.98 KM, whatever that is in miles, I ran it this morning. I'll be out there doing 10.5 laps tomorrow morning, early if there is no lightning. (I am popping up to my room on laps 4 and 7, which is why 10.5 laps not 11, for fuel and water :)). Really i am just going to rely on my Garmin to tell me when I can fall over.

Hey thanks! You just saved me some time; much appreciated! Maybe I will see you. I will be the idiot in the rain with his bib on for a race that is not happening; and rocking my Spartan gear.

It is completely unrealistic for them to expect people to take time out of their day to go to the Expo for fulfillment of one of these options. Some of us had post race plans tomorrow and should not have to change them in order to get compensation. It's the 21st century. All this can easily be done online.

I plan to go about my business tomorrow, and I will deal with contacting them next week.

Incredibly sad that I'm not going to be able to run my first half marathon. But I'm very impressed with how RunDisney is handling this. Gotta give props to those who have been working tirelessly tonight, especially to those who are going to have to get everything ready at the expo tomorrow. Hope it goes smoothly for everyone!

Yeah, this is NOT going to work out well tomorrow at the expo. I have chear squad to take care off and I fully expect to be stuck there for hours.

Well I just got way to close to a lightning strike then I ever wanted to be. Was making the quick walk from the Food Court at POFQ and building 4 where I'm staying and was about half way there when boom, lightning strike talking up most of my field of vision. I'm fine, shaken, but fine.

I'm not at race weekend this year but did Goofy last year. Just want to share how sorry I am about the weather. I know how far a lot of people travel for it and the costs (in many different forms).

Strength and humility, stay safe out there :).

I woke up at 2 am, to get ready for the race and saw the flashing red light on the phone. Listen to the message and I was stunned . After 2015 wine and dine now this... So I am back from a walk to the lobby of River side and I was alone. No runner.
This is an ex pensive trip for a 10 k race...
Diane
Back to bed I guess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter