Marathon Weekend 2017!

The latest from Facebook:

The runDisney team is currently working on the details regarding the fulfillment of options for the Walt Disney World Half Marathon participants. We will continue to provide updates as soon as possible.

The latest from Facebook:

The runDisney team is currently working on the details regarding the fulfillment of options for the Walt Disney World Half Marathon participants. We will continue to provide updates as soon as possible.
Typical.

Assume this means they won't expect everyone to go to the Expo tomorrow. Doubt they have this all ironed out tonight. They can't realistically expect people to change plans this late in the evening to go to the Expo to pick up a medal and/or make a fulfillment choice.

Like everyone we have mixed emotions about the cancellation. We decided to walk around Disney Springs, grab some wine and dessert. On our way back to SSR we ran into a gentleman running his 13.1, then we saw another, then another. Now we are literally on our balcony as people are out there getting their 13.1, we are cheering them on. So inspirational, and here I am drinking beer and doing nothing.

I wish they'd just give them to challenge people when they finish the marathon and give it along with the challenge medal(s). Would keep crowds down at the expo too. Of course that's just a totally selfish wish on my part.
That would work though in my opinion.

Like everyone we have mixed emotions about the cancellation. We decided to walk around Disney Springs, grab some wine and dessert. On our way back to SSR we ran into a gentleman running his 13.1, then we saw another, then another. Now we are literally on our balcony as people are out there getting their 13.1, we are cheering them on. So inspirational, and here I am drinking beer and doing nothing.
Yes we saw several running at SSR too!

Just signed on after kiddo went to bed and didn't expect to see a cancellation tonight. I'm heartbroken for everyone, but happy you all are at WDW at least. Ugh I'm feeling for you guys!! It really sucks. A local race is just so different than a destination race.
Thinking maybe we can use the first 13.1 of @DopeyBadger full for the half portion of the contest? Such a beautiful spreadsheet...I'd hate to waste it :guilty:

I really feel for people, especially the people who this was going to be their first ever, and worked incredibly hard to do something they and their families weren't sure they could ever do (which was me last year). Just a terrible situation. Good on Disney for some great options. I'm all the negative they have earned recently, they deserve a lot of credit.

Well this is what I've been doing so.....

Ample Hills has been on my "to eat" list so I feel I accomplished something this evening. :wizard:
IMG_1063.JPG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter