Marathon Weekend 2017!

No way I can go to the Expo tomorrow to get a medal due to other plans. Hopefully they offer different options. In the end, if I don't get it, no big deal. Didn't run the race.

I was just thinking the same thing. Medals + merchandise returns + people getting their refunds. I'm trying to decide if I want to go really early or wait until 4 or something.

Ditto. But with it not starting until 11 I suspect they'll get hammered early but really who knows? I'm also thinking later might be better.

I just want to thank the runners on here for how they're handling the news. I was shocked by the outright anger and vitriol directed at runDisney on other social media. It's fine and correct to be disappointed, even extremely disappointed. Or express concern over how they're going to handle the challenge element of this. It's not okay to drop very nasty and rude language on them for making a decision aimed at preserving the safety of runners, volunteers, and staff.

I am going to run. Likely the "lake" between Pop and AOA. Need to figure out the mileage to know how many loops, but just need to in order to feel complete about this year.

This is such a great site. I heard about the cancellation in Epcot. The first place I wanted to go to was this site. I knew there would be helpful info and positive people. Hoping the offer from runDisney to the Challenge runners is good, and 2018 just became very real for me!

Wishing everyone safe and fulfilling runs, or rests, tomorrow. Looking forward to the Marathon on Sunday.

No way I can go to the Expo tomorrow to get a medal due to other plans. Hopefully they offer different options. In the end, if I don't get it, no big deal. Didn't run the race.
You have to go to get compensation, I think.

I've been following it for a few days, and it seems to worsen every time I look. I just HAD to do the Half because I've done it every year since 2012. Could have been content with doing the 10K with my sister and cousin, but nooooo, I had to do both. :sad2:

There goes my only streak that matters -- 11 Run Disney weekends without rain. :p

Eating my words now. I'm overjoyed! I got to run a fun 10K with my family, and now I get out of running the Half guilt-free!

Sorry to disappointed Half-only and challenge runners.

Need some critiques..what do you think? Thinking of having this done tonight/tomorrow so I can wear it for Marathon

View attachment 213733

Ha, that's fantastic, well done.

As for tomorrow, I too am disappointed, but there isn't much to be done about it at this point. As long as we Dopey or the Goofy runners get the refund too I'll live with it.

My unsolicited advice: I understand the frustration and disappointment that you are feeling right now. Please don't make a decision on what you're going to do while this is fresh. Give it a couple of days. You say you haven't felt the rush of crossing the finish line for a half yet. Don't let this weekend cheat you of the opportunity to feel that next weekend!

The first half you complete will always have a special place in your heart and memory. You've still got the opportunity to do that at a great Disney locale. The Coast 2 Coast medal may not have as much meaning given this weekend's events, but nothing will taint the feeling for the Light Side Half that you complete in its own right. Good luck whatever you decide!

If I was a Star Wars fan, the race might would mean more to me.

If I was a Star Wars fan, the race might would mean more to me.

I don't think the theme will matter. It's your first half marathon, regardless of theme. Mine was a local race on streets and green ways and it will always hold a special place in my heart. Go with what works for you, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter