Make a Wish (and other organizations) - Wish Trippers UNITE! Volume THREE! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, ladies - that's just the kind of information I was hoping for! It does sound like it would be more of a hassle than it would be worth and that perhaps an hour or so in a wish lounge would be a better choice. I was just looking at my very preliminary itinerary and thinking that the MK day looked like such a looooonnnng day.

We rested in the Wish Lounge for awhile and enjoyed it. Not one child complained. They have games to play if you are not one of the resting family members. Chantae and Nidra had fun playing checkers while Deyki and I rested on the big round pillow.

Thanks, Maroo, for starting this new thread!

I am back on the Wish Trip thread!!!!!!!!!! Mya is cured of her Cancer so how are we going to celebrate? By going to Disney of course!!! Ready to read some more trip reports and hopefully you guys will continue to follow me and Mya's story.

How wonderful! A miracle! I have tears flowing!
Of course celebrating at Disney will be so much fun! I can't wait to follow along.

Ok...

You guys have me completely a mess....

From Matty's Trip Report thread...to THIS...

Mya's cancer cured?!?!?!?!?! Boy did she show THEM!

Please let me know when you will be in Disney.

I think I need to move to Orlando.

I am back on the Wish Trip thread!!!!!!!!!! Mya is cured of her Cancer so how are we going to celebrate? By going to Disney of course!!! Ready to read some more trip reports and hopefully you guys will continue to follow me and Mya's story.

I have been missing in action too! But I am back and the first post I found was you! Oh what wonderful news!!!! It has made my day!

Wow I was just going thru all the wish trips on the first page and can not get over how many other family's have gone since we went, not even a year ago...:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

I hope I can catch up with them all...:yay::yay::yay:

Hello All!!! I have been missing in action since we have gotten back from our trip in September. After we had gotten back my husband's father illness had gotten worse and he went home to be with the Lord on December 13th. So we had spent most of our time with him the last few months.

I have missed you all and can not wait to get caught up with everyone and read the new stories.

Lucas is doing well. Still talks about his trip alot and stills plays Disney World Trains. He is going tomorrow for his first check up since his chemo.

Thanks, ladies - that's just the kind of information I was hoping for! It does sound like it would be more of a hassle than it would be worth and that perhaps an hour or so in a wish lounge would be a better choice. I was just looking at my very preliminary itinerary and thinking that the MK day looked like such a looooonnnng day.

We went into the wish lounge the MK, got a water, went the bathroom, but even though Jake was super tired, he was fine sitting in the stroller, walking around than sitting in the lounge. He sat there looking out the window asking when we would be going back out...:rotfl:( my husband and I were talking to another famly) I was really hoping to go check out the one at epcot, but really we were just that busy running around. I will say this, if knew we would be going back to Disney again so soon, we would have spent more time at GKTW (meaning, be back there by 4pm for the rest of th evening).

So my advice is, check out ALL the wish lounges, even if you ony stay for a sec...:wizard: and make sure you enjoy GKTW...it really is such a special, special place...:cheer2:

We went into the wish lounge the MK, got a water, went the bathroom, but even though Jake was super tired, he was fine sitting in the stroller, walking around than sitting in the lounge. He sat there looking out the window asking when we would be going back out...:rotfl:( my husband and I were talking to another famly) I was really hoping to go check out the one at epcot, but really we were just that busy running around. I will say this, if knew we would be going back to Disney again so soon, we would have spent more time at GKTW (meaning, be back there by 4pm for the rest of th evening).

So my advice is, check out ALL the wish lounges, even if you ony stay for a sec...:wizard: and make sure you enjoy GKTW...it really is such a special, special place...:cheer2:

Thanks! I was just adding some ADRs to our itinerary for the week (silly, I know considering we don't even have confirmed dates yet:rotfl2:), and I have factored in quite a bit of down time just hanging out at GKTW. She just can't handle being on the go all the time. Even with the holidays, which haven't been THAT busy, she is crashing big time. In fact, I'm about to go take her temp and make a decision as to what we're going to do with her tonight.:sad2: I do NOT want to end up in the ER down there.

Thanks! I was just adding some ADRs to our itinerary for the week (silly, I know considering we don't even have confirmed dates yet:rotfl2:), and I have factored in quite a bit of down time just hanging out at GKTW. She just can't handle being on the go all the time. Even with the holidays, which haven't been THAT busy, she is crashing big time. In fact, I'm about to go take her temp and make a decision as to what we're going to do with her tonight.:sad2: I do NOT want to end up in the ER down there.

Oh no...I hope you can wait until tomorrow...nothing like going to an ER on a Sundy night....:sad1:

I will be looking an update on facebook...:grouphug:

This is GREAT advice! If you plan to go back to Disney - to me - the best thing to do on the actual wish trip is to take full advantage of the things you can only do on a wish trip...

- Go visit the Wish Lounges at the MK and Epcot (there is now only one in Epcot, since the Test Track lounge closed)
- Make sure you catch all of the characters that your children (or you!) want to see! Show the CM the button at each location and they will show you the right place to enter to wait - 99% of the time, they will speed you through so that you can get back to GKTW quickly and enjoy those activities.
- GKTW is the most magical place - anywhere. Including Disney. Make sure to make time to spend there. Some nights are more "fun" than others...and it may be hard to choose between some Disney evening activities and GKTW activities...if you are pretty sure you will be back - go with the GKTW activites.

But...remember...once a GKTW wish kid - ALWAYS a GKTW wish kid! You are welcome back there anytime - you can even eat and go to the parties (you just can't sleep there) - but you can hang out anytime!! :goodvibes

Wow I was just going thru all the wish trips on the first page and can not get over how many other family's have gone since we went, not even a year ago...:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

I hope I can catch up with them all...:yay::yay::yay:

I know it! :eek: Enough to make your eyes bulge out! I did go back and mark a bunch of them as ** FINISHED so that others would be able to find the ones that won't send them on a forever cliff hanger. :faint: And I very sadly felt the need to put some angels beside the precious children's reports we have lost this year. :sad:

PS: If you are one of the families that has not been able to finish a TR - please, no worries... family comes first! It took me months to finish Lauren's - and I have no kids - so really, no pressure...although you know we LOVE reading them! My biggest fear is that some families are afraid to come back because they did not ever finish...we would rather have you guys HERE and joining in - no worries about that!

Hello All!!! I have been missing in action since we have gotten back from our trip in September. After we had gotten back my husband's father illness had gotten worse and he went home to be with the Lord on December 13th. So we had spent most of our time with him the last few months.

I have missed you all and can not wait to get caught up with everyone and read the new stories.

Lucas is doing well. Still talks about his trip alot and stills plays Disney World Trains. He is going tomorrow for his first check up since his chemo.

Man, I have missed you!!!

please tell Lucas hi for me!! :)

And...did you see Matty's report?!? You guys started the ball rolling that made HIS special night a reality...so go check it out! Lucas will love looking at all of those pics, too! :goodvibes

And please keep us posted about his appt tomorrow. :hug: We will continue to be praying!

Not silly at all...In fact...if you are within your 180 days...go ahead and make some ADR's for the restaurants you really want to do...so that they are not full by the time you get date.

And let us know how you guys are doing. I hope you don't have to go to the ER...but if you do, please let us know...there are some major prayer warriors on this board.

Just wanted to let you all know that I got Brigitte's PTR started!!

Super excited!! Sorry for the length!!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=34773912#post34773912

Woo Hoo! Another pre-trippie!

You guys are MAW, but not staying at GKTW, right?? :confused3 I will go read and see!!

Oh no...I hope you can wait until tomorrow...nothing like going to an ER on a Sundy night....:sad1:

I will be looking an update on facebook...:grouphug:

If you get an update before we do, please come let us know. :)

But...remember...once a GKTW wish kid - ALWAYS a GKTW wish kid! You are welcome back there anytime - you can even eat and go to the parties (you just can't sleep there) - but you can hang out anytime!! :goodvibes

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1: I know Jake can't wait..plus to be to see all the other wish family's and know excatley how they are feeling ( cause we felt the same way) is going to be so magical...:wizard::wizard::wizard:

Thanks, ladies.:goodvibes As I look at what I put together in terms of planning, I think I am most excited about MK, which will be a long day, and then AK, which will also be a long day since her wish technically is to go to the zoo. She still kills me with that one.:rotfl2: The rest of the week we have planned a half day here and a half day there with lots of rest time in between. You all provide nice reminders to keep in mind what this trip is really about. There are lots of things that I'd like to do because this is our first (and perhaps only) time going as a family, but it's not about that. So thanks for helping me to remember that!

As for Ali, she has had a cold since the middle of last week and then tonight, she started complaining of headaches and spiked a temp. Her heart rate and oxygen sats were okay, so we're still home, but it looks like I'll be on the phone first thing tomorrow trying to figure out what to do. I'm hoping it's not another sinus infection and just her body's reaction to stress. Thanks for thinking of us, and I'll probably be updating her caringbridge page in the morning.

Kelly

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1: I know Jake can't wait..plus to be to see all the other wish family's and know excatley how they are feeling ( cause we felt the same way) is going to be so magical...:wizard::wizard::wizard:

There's a huge part of me that hopes they can't accommodate our April dates and instead come back with February. I would LOVE it if Jake could help Ali make her pillow!

There's a huge part of me that hopes they can't accommodate our April dates and instead come back with February. I would LOVE it if Jake could help Ali make her pillow!

Ok do your really want me to get all teary eyed right now at 11:40 at night...:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

A side not on AK...it is not as big as the other parks, so you can do AK in a half day...at least we did..the thing that held us the most was the day we went, it was super hot and super crowed...so walking with a stroller, more so the big honking thing we had for Jakers...but you get there early enough, you could be done in no time...:thumbsup2 Just another little hint for ya:wizard:

Ok do your really want me to get all teary eyed right now at 11:40 at night...:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

A side not on AK...it is not as big as the other parks, so you can do AK in a half day...at least we did..the thing that held us the most was the day we went, it was super hot and super crowed...so walking with a stroller, more so the big honking thing we had for Jakers...but you get there early enough, you could be done in no time...:thumbsup2 Just another little hint for ya:wizard:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I know we could probably do it pretty quickly, but part of my dilemma is that the morning seems to be the best time to see the animals, yet I think she would love the parade in the afternoon. But, I have also read that it is hot, hot, hot there, or at least it feels that much hotter than any of the other parks. That worries me, as she'll just wilt. I think that's something that we'll just have to play by ear. Worst case scenario, we will have more time to spend at GKTW!:banana:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I know we could probably do it pretty quickly, but part of my dilemma is that the morning seems to be the best time to see the animals, yet I think she would love the parade in the afternoon. But, I have also read that it is hot, hot, hot there, or at least it feels that much hotter than any of the other parks. That worries me, as she'll just wilt. I think that's something that we'll just have to play by ear. Worst case scenario, we will have more time to spend at GKTW!:banana:

It is one of the hotter parks....well you can always make Feb your 1st choice...:thumbsup2

We found the stroller to be HUGE for Jakers and yes while he has IV fluids that keep him going, you could do the same with Ali and just run pedilyte on a slow rate thru out the day and see how things go. I can not tell you how many times Jake passed out for 20 mins here and there and boom he back to himself ready to go...:rotfl:

Again, the Feb time is just a suggestion....:confused3

We spent the night in the ER last night. Deyki had a fever and abdominal pain. His hemaglobin dropped to 7.5. They think it's a virus. Thankfully we were able to go home at 4am. We go back first thing in the morning and again on Tuesday for more IV antibiotics and labs. Please be praying he keeps getting better, doesn't get admitted, and only needs to be stuck once for his IVs each day.

I did load more pictures on my photobucket account to prepare to continue our TR. It takes forever to load them with my ever so slow dial-up connection!

If we could get a few days of stability around here, I would continue our TR with Deyki fighting Darth Vader! Hopefully soon!

It is one of the hotter parks....well you can always make Feb your 1st choice...:thumbsup2

We found the stroller to be HUGE for Jakers and yes while he has IV fluids that keep him going, you could do the same with Ali and just run pedilyte on a slow rate thru out the day and see how things go. I can not tell you how many times Jake passed out for 20 mins here and there and boom he back to himself ready to go...:rotfl:

Again, the Feb time is just a suggestion....:confused3

Our two year old Landon is completely g-tube fed. Our wish trip was the last week in May 2009. It was really hot the day we went to AK. We gave Landon tons of extra water that day through his tube. We just put it on a slow steady rate to keep him hydrated.

Hi guys.....I notice lots of names on here that I don't recognize so I'm sure my own name is going to be foreign to many of you. We just took our trip to GKTW in December (10-18) and had a fabulous time! With the above talk about Wish Trips and making them special I thought I would paste a post I had on my PTR (maroo had suggested I do so but I hadn't gotten around to it). Just seemed appropro given some of the above posts.

Things that occured to me while on Matty's Wish Trip". Now I realize of course they are only my opinions but, perhaps, they may help one other person as they plan their upcoming trip.

1. A Wish Trip is just that.........a 'Wish Trip' and not just another 'family vacation'. It deserves to be extra extra EXTRA special. Embrace the 'button'. Wear it proudly. Flash that GAC and don't feel badly. They give Wish families these things for a reason. The majority of the staff WANT to make Wish trips extra special but they can't go out of their way unless Wish families make themselves known. That button is truly Magic. Let it work for you.

2. A Wish Trip is just that........a 'Wish Trip' and not just another 'family vacation'. It deserves to be a trip like no other. A trip that is unlike one's typical family Disney World vacation. It can be beneficial to think outside of the box. Be creative. The ability to take advantage of activities and adventures that might not be possible on one's typical vacation budget is what makes a Wish Trip a once in a lifetime experience. And don't forget GKTW. The Village and it's activities. Make time if possible. There are lifetime memories to be made there as well. And just being there is likely to give you goosebumps. It's what it represents. It, too, is magical.

3, A Wish Trip is just that......a 'Wish Trip' and not just another 'family vactaion'. It is likely to be a Trip that will change you. And it is just the beginning. We spent our last day at the GKTW Village, going back for a relaxing day of play after a very very busy week. Suprisingly, I found that I left that evening for the airport feeling uplifted, not sad as I had expected. Feeling like we were now part of an extended family and knowing that we would be back. We are actually now talking about planning a one year anniversary trip next December which will, of course, include one, or more, visits to GKTW (and perhaps even an afternoon or evening of volunteering for dh or myself). A Wish Trip is a once in a lifetime experience that deserves to be remembered and celebrated for years and years to come.

Of course I do realize that for some families just the ability to go on a family vacation is magic. I guess I just want to be sure people are aware that the potential exists for much more if they so desire.

Our trip was just amazing and extra extra special for Matty. I truly wish the same for all of you and your children.

Pamela:santa:

Matty's Wish Trip PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2325607

Matty's Wish Trip TR "Mom, Dad, 3 kids, and a Gingerbread Boy" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356739

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter