Make a Wish (and other organizations) - Wish Trippers UNITE! Volume THREE! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Maroo.... I think the kids would love Trex but I think GKTW is more important and that they will not want to leave it the first day. I might try to get Carole to come our way. She leaves on Wed after CRT so I think this might be the best. Probably we can do Trex before we leave or on Animal Kingdom day..... or just skip it altogether...

We were on our Wish trip in December. For both T-Rex and Rainforest in DTD we walked up around 10:45a and we're seated when they opened at 11:00a. Also for any DTD restaurant call them directly!!!!!!!! They always have seats available for call-ins and walk ups. We found that out when I couldn't get us into T-Rex at 3 months out. The person at T-Rex said they only allow Disney so many slots for ADRs. :) Have a blast.

Bearshouse

It's because your signature is too big....I had the same problem. You can put everyone's names on one line and then delete any lines in between.... and maybe make the photo smaller without a border?

Thank you Brookerene! I went ahead and deleted my pic from my siggy...it works now. :)

IF you are scheduling any meals at Disney restaurants, I would suggest places that are outside the parks and you could do those on non-Disney days. It may be a far trek to drive, though...so it may cost you more time?
We only have 1 adr scheduled and that is at Chef Mickey's the day after we get there at 8:30 am. MAW scheduled this for us.

Epcot is really large, so if you are wanting to do the World Showcase, I would pick that as your other all day park. But DHS has long shows...and if you want to see all of them, then you are going to want to pick DHS.

Don't forget that GKTW has a LOT to offer as far as entertainment and you could really spend an entire day there enjoying GKTW and it would be a completely "free" day as far as cost, too. They have a ton to do.

We are only doing 1 adr and that is at Chef Mickey's the day after we arrive at 8:30 am. MAW scheduled this for us so I really couldn't choose when we would go.

I don't think you are doing a planner for me, but that would be awesome, however, I know how busy you are. Since I have no clue what I am doing as far as planning it would be very helpful;)

As far as Epcot goes Soarin and The Finding Nemo thing with Crush are the big things at Epcot that we want to do, besides visiting the different countries.

At DHS the kids really want to see the stunt show there and Abby loves playhouse disney.

We plan on staying our first day just hanging around GKTW since we arrive there in the am and it is a Thursday which is Christmas.

When we were there for my daughter's wish trip in Dec 08, we really didn't want to do the second day at Universal, but wanted to go to Animal Kingdom. We went to the ticket counter at the entrance and asked about discounted admission since we were there with MAW. They directed us over to the Guest Services counter. We explained our situation and asked for a discount. She checked our MAW tickets and then did some magic on her computer and handed us tickets to AK..FOR FREE!!! I, of course, started crying and tried to thank her. She just smiled and told us to go enjoy ourselves. I can't promise you would get the same treatment, but it's certainly worth a shot.

How awesome is that for your family!!!

I am in need of more help. We have 3 day WDW park hopper passes along with 2 day passes to universal and Island of adventures and 1 day at sea world. I am worried about rushing through WDW. I have emailed Abby's wish coordinator to see about 1 day discounted tickets to one of the 4 wdw parks, but haven't heard back. Does anyone have any suggestions how to handle the 3 day WDW parks?

What I did is send an e-mail to our coordinator explaining that our wish child had no interest in Universal and Sea World so we probably wouldn't be going there regardless. I also said we would rather not get any extras(character meals, limo rides etc.) in exchange for another day at Disney World. It took about a month to get an answer, but she worked through the Orlando chapter and got us another day at no charge. I made sure and tell her how grateful we are for the extra day. Hope this helps.

I am in need of more help. We have 3 day WDW park hopper passes along with 2 day passes to universal and Island of adventures and 1 day at sea world. I am worried about rushing through WDW. I have emailed Abby's wish coordinator to see about 1 day discounted tickets to one of the 4 wdw parks, but haven't heard back. Does anyone have any suggestions how to handle the 3 day WDW parks?

With your MAW pass, it really helps you move through the parks. Is Abby interested in all of the Disney Parks? Maybe you could split the parks some? Our crew wasnt interested in the EPCOT countries, so we did half day EPCOT and half Day UNiversal. Also, our AK day was kinda short so we went back to GKTW but could have park hopped for a few hours at MK or HS. We had asked for additional Disney Days, but the Philly chapter wouldnt allow it.

I love what the other poster posted though!! That was so COOL!!!!!:wizard:

That's really nice of them to work with you on that extra day!

I am struggling on trying to get some planning done! I am at a loss as to what to do when and where...there's so much going on at GKTW and so much to do at the parks that I just have no idea where to begin! My DH is so frugal and my 2 younger dd's want to see the Princesses (of course) but he would rather not spend the money on Character Dining. I think I may have to step in here and make the call myself. I think it's a once in a lifetime trip for us and why NOT spend the money? It would make it so special for the girls...

GRrrr....anyhoo...if anyone has any tips on planning or wants to help me plan I would greatly appreciate it. I am just so overwhelmed. I think I am more worried about the traveling part more than visiting the parks! I am nervous to fly with my girls! EEek!

I am struggling on trying to get some planning done! I am at a loss as to what to do when and where...there's so much going on at GKTW and so much to do at the parks that I just have no idea where to begin! My DH is so frugal and my 2 younger dd's want to see the Princesses (of course) but he would rather not spend the money on Character Dining. I think I may have to step in here and make the call myself. I think it's a once in a lifetime trip for us and why NOT spend the money? It would make it so special for the girls...

GRrrr....anyhoo...if anyone has any tips on planning or wants to help me plan I would greatly appreciate it. I am just so overwhelmed. I think I am more worried about the traveling part more than visiting the parks! I am nervous to fly with my girls! EEek!

If the girls are totally interested in the princesses, I would do it. I am sorry but this is for your wish child, not your husband.

I am not meaning to sound cold or hateful and I am sorry if I came across like that.

This trip should be special for your girls, it is a MAW trip.

I am going to step on some toes here I think......first talk WITH your husband....My husband is a penny pincher and I struggle with this but I know it is for the best. But first..... a sound marriage is more important than Disney... don't show your kids that is is okay to go behind dad's back to do things. Talk with him, ask if there is a way that you can compromise, see if MAW would provide this treat for your daughter, and finally do the RIGHT thing - not the thing thing you want. It may not turn out the way you want it but children need a sound family and ******* because of this is not worth it.

1. Explain to him that you can reimburse the amount from the money that MAW will give to you to pay for it.... then budget your remainding dollars efficiently....

2. Call your MAW chapter and see if they can include it.

3. Ask yourself...is this really more for you? Is it really necessary....? there are ways to see the princesses without a character meal.

Also, how does your MAW daughter respond to things? What does she understand? From reading your PTR, you described her as having the level of a 6mo old..... so I wonder would this really stimulater her? You know your daughter and husband best.... you know your financial situation......

I find that with myself, I tend to start thinking and making things more about what I want instead of what my son may want....I have to reevaluate my motives..... It becomes nostalgia from my own childhood and I have to step back and say wait.... I need to respect my husband's wishes. I have a hard time with certain things, but my family and it's strength is the most important thing to the health of my children....and each of us...

I hope that this struggle is resolved with everyone's satisfaction. I realy do hope you can do CRT or Akershaus, but whatever happens, be glad you are there....with your family....enjoying a trip of a lifetime and I look forward to following your ptr....Take care

:upsidedow:flower3::upsidedow:flower3::upsidedow:flower3::upsidedow:flower3:

If the girls are totally interested in the princesses, I would do it. I am sorry but this is for your wish child, not your husband.

I am not meaning to sound cold or hateful and I am sorry if I came across like that.

This trip should be special for your girls, it is a MAW trip.

:rotfl2:
Oh don't worry about sounding cold or hateful...because you didn't come across like that at ALL! You actually sound JUST like me! Great minds think alike and that's why I said I was stepping to make that decision...he will just have to deal with it. ;)
:lmao:

I am going to step on some toes here I think......first talk WITH your husband....My husband is a penny pincher and I struggle with this but I know it is for the best. But first..... a sound marriage is more important than Disney... don't show your kids that is is okay to go behind dad's back to do things. Talk with him, ask if there is a way that you can compromise, see if MAW would provide this treat for your daughter, and finally do the RIGHT thing - not the thing thing you want. It may not turn out the way you want it but children need a sound family and ******* because of this is not worth it.

1. Explain to him that you can reimburse the amount from the money that MAW will give to you to pay for it.... then budget your remainding dollars efficiently....

2. Call your MAW chapter and see if they can include it.

3. Ask yourself...is this really more for you? Is it really necessary....? there are ways to see the princesses without a character meal.

Also, how does your MAW daughter respond to things? What does she understand? From reading your PTR, you described her as having the level of a 6mo old..... so I wonder would this really stimulater her? You know your daughter and husband best.... you know your financial situation......

I find that with myself, I tend to start thinking and making things more about what I want instead of what my son may want....I have to reevaluate my motives..... It becomes nostalgia from my own childhood and I have to step back and say wait.... I need to respect my husband's wishes. I have a hard time with certain things, but my family and it's strength is the most important thing to the health of my children....and each of us...

I hope that this struggle is resolved with everyone's satisfaction. I realy do hope you can do CRT or Akershaus, but whatever happens, be glad you are there....with your family....enjoying a trip of a lifetime and I look forward to following your ptr....Take care

:upsidedow:flower3::upsidedow:flower3::upsidedow:flower3::upsidedow:flower3:

:hug: You are not stepping on toes at all. I respect everyone's views on things and that's why I put it up here. Khelsey really does understand a LOT more than we know. I know she does...like I said, her "testing" scores have put her in the mentality of a 6 mth. old but that's only because if "they" ask her a question, she cannot respond with a true answer given a communication device or anything...but you can just TELL she understands what's going on. Her teachers/doctors agree but they have to put down on paper what she "scores". I just wish she could communicate. I know she would really like to see the princesses...she's been in similar situations before, we have season passes to Busch Gardens here in VA and she really enjoys the characters walking around and watching the shows there. So I think that she would really enjoy the Princesses as well as my other 2 daughters. I think my other 2 would probably enjoy it more than Khelsey would just because they are SERIOUS Princess finatics and that's why I don't feel I should ask for it to be taken care of by MAW. I think they are doing enough already. I am so very grateful for everything they are doing. My husband is a very caring guy and he and I have a wonderful relationship. He can just be stubborn sometimes but can't we all? Please don't think I am a "my way or the highway" kind of person...I am not BY far. He and I will definitely come up with a compromise...Again, no toes stepped on here...I appreciate ALL information and opinions. Thank you again for your help!

:)Thanks for the nice reply... I'm glad your daughter is as responsive....I believe they know more than we realize, like you said they just can't express it. I take photos at our local school for the kids who can't mainstream and even though many cannot express themselves beyond a certain level, I know there is more inside them than we realize. I love spending that short time with them. I hope all goes well with your choices and I hope to read about a great visit with the princesses. My husband wasn't too excited about the money I spent on CRT but he went along with it. So I can understand a little about how you feel about deciding..... For us this is truly a once in a lifetime trip as I doubt we will ever have the money to go while the kids are little, let alone get too far from the farm.... for so many people it really is once in a lifetime....so let us know what you get and how things go! :cutie:

:)Thanks for the nice reply... I'm glad your daughter is as responsive....I believe they know more than we realize, like you said they just can't express it. I take photos at our local school for the kids who can't mainstream and even though many cannot express themselves beyond a certain level, I know there is more inside them than we realize. I love spending that short time with them. I hope all goes well with your choices and I hope to read about a great visit with the princesses. My husband wasn't too excited about the money I spent on CRT but he went along with it. So I can understand a little about how you feel about deciding..... For us this is truly a once in a lifetime trip as I doubt we will ever have the money to go while the kids are little, let alone get too far from the farm.... for so many people it really is once in a lifetime....so let us know what you get and how things go! :cutie:

WOW...You take pics for kids at your local school for kiddos who can't mainstream? How awesome is that! I wish we had someone that could do that at my daughter's school! We never get pics the school provides because they are so horrible! haha I bet you do a wonderful job...I should mention that to the school or see how i can get something like that started here...I bet all of the kiddos parents would LOVE that! You are so lucky to have that experience and it's nice to know you see where I'm coming from when I say that she has sooo much more "inside" than she can express. Means a lot to hear that sometimes... ;)

Also, this will most likely be a once in a lifetime chance for our family too...we cannot afford it at all and to try to see as much and do as much as possible to make sure you don't regret NOT doing something really puts a strain on the "planning" too. Do you have any ideas on what to do and when? I just feel overwhelmed! lol

Don't forget we have the new thread...I am just responding to these here...but we can move the conversation over there, too. :)

When we were there for my daughter's wish trip in Dec 08, we really didn't want to do the second day at Universal, but wanted to go to Animal Kingdom. We went to the ticket counter at the entrance and asked about discounted admission since we were there with MAW. They directed us over to the Guest Services counter. We explained our situation and asked for a discount. She checked our MAW tickets and then did some magic on her computer and handed us tickets to AK..FOR FREE!!! I, of course, started crying and tried to thank her. She just smiled and told us to go enjoy ourselves. I can't promise you would get the same treatment, but it's certainly worth a shot.

This ROCKS! I agree...it could have been a fluke...but you never know. It never hurts to ask.

Thanks Maroo.... I think the kids would love Trex but I think GKTW is more important and that they will not want to leave it the first day. I might try to get Carole to come our way. She leaves on Wed after CRT so I think this might be the best. Probably we can do Trex before we leave or on Animal Kingdom day..... or just skip it altogether...

I think I agree with you...Do you have a Rainforest Cafe in your area? THey are basically the same restaurant with a different theme...if that helps you decide.

If your kids are crazy about Dinosaurs...then they may like that more than something at GKTW...but I agree with the previous poster...that you should be able to do a walk up and get in either way. Especially if you go at an "off" time.

You live in the area too?? Absolutely CRAZY! I live in Portsmouth and my DD has Rett. We are not military...just regular 'ol civilians. ;)

Nice to see another Virginia resident here!

Wow...small world!

You guys feel free to just jump in and do something for their family...I bet she won't ask (if she is anything like me)...but a cup of coffee, visit, and someone being there is worth more than gold in that situation. And snacks...take them some snacks...crackers, candy, chocolate, cokes...anything to munch on that you don't have to pay dollars for. :)

(OFF TOPIC)
Can someone help me? I can't see all of my siggy at the bottom... :(
1/2 of my pic of the girls is cut off too but when I go to my profile page to edit, it all appears fine.

I am sooooo excited!!! We got our call for our DATES TODAY!!!
We should have our flight times this week as well...hoping to hear from her today about that but may not be until tomorrow. ;)

We go March 3-March 9!!!!!!!!!!! GKTW & Disney---> Here we COME!!! yay

Woo Hooo!! I will add it to the new thread! :)

And I can see your siggie now. :)

We are only doing 1 adr and that is at Chef Mickey's the day after we arrive at 8:30 am. MAW scheduled this for us so I really couldn't choose when we would go.

I don't think you are doing a planner for me, but that would be awesome, however, I know how busy you are. Since I have no clue what I am doing as far as planning it would be very helpful;)

As far as Epcot goes Soarin and The Finding Nemo thing with Crush are the big things at Epcot that we want to do, besides visiting the different countries.

At DHS the kids really want to see the stunt show there and Abby loves playhouse disney.

We plan on staying our first day just hanging around GKTW since we arrive there in the am and it is a Thursday which is Christmas.

Feel free to call Disney and make a new ressie for Chef Mickey's...we totally did that...because the times they scheduled did not mesh with my carefully laid out plans.

I LOVE the Finding Nemo thing with Crush...Turtle Talk with Crush...it is awesome! And Soarin....:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Sounds like a great plan!!

Send me a PM about the planner and I will put it on my list! I will need some info from you, but I can get that and send ya something. :)

What I did is send an e-mail to our coordinator explaining that our wish child had no interest in Universal and Sea World so we probably wouldn't be going there regardless. I also said we would rather not get any extras(character meals, limo rides etc.) in exchange for another day at Disney World. It took about a month to get an answer, but she worked through the Orlando chapter and got us another day at no charge. I made sure and tell her how grateful we are for the extra day. Hope this helps.

That makes sense....use that as your "extra"...that most chapters provide...good thinking.

Look into the Askershus (spelling??) meal at Epcot...it is expensive, but not as bad as eating in the castle...and I have heard the food is better, too. The food at the Castle is kinda...not up to par. :)

I have no marriage advice, though. :laughing: Being single with no kids.

Oh...and they have a whole "meet the Princesses" thing at the MK, too. So you CAN meet them...and there it is really quiet...they usually let just your family go in and they usually spend a lot of time with the wish families. I would do that before I would spend time and money on a meal anyway...and you keep DH happy, too. Bonus!

:hug: You are not stepping on toes at all. I respect everyone's views on things and that's why I put it up here. Khelsey really does understand a LOT more than we know. I know she does...like I said, her "testing" scores have put her in the mentality of a 6 mth. old but that's only because if "they" ask her a question, she cannot respond with a true answer given a communication device or anything...but you can just TELL she understands what's going on. Her teachers/doctors agree but they have to put down on paper what she "scores". I just wish she could communicate. I know she would really like to see the princesses...she's been in similar situations before, we have season passes to Busch Gardens here in VA and she really enjoys the characters walking around and watching the shows there. So I think that she would really enjoy the Princesses as well as my other 2 daughters. I think my other 2 would probably enjoy it more than Khelsey would just because they are SERIOUS Princess finatics and that's why I don't feel I should ask for it to be taken care of by MAW. I think they are doing enough already. I am so very grateful for everything they are doing. My husband is a very caring guy and he and I have a wonderful relationship. He can just be stubborn sometimes but can't we all? Please don't think I am a "my way or the highway" kind of person...I am not BY far. He and I will definitely come up with a compromise...Again, no toes stepped on here...I appreciate ALL information and opinions. Thank you again for your help!

:hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter