Make a Wish (and other organizations) ~ Wish Trippers UNITE! Volume FOUR!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there!

you asked about a disney page/pages for the dynavox...i am close with our dynavox rep. i just called her and she said there are none built in, but she said she would be happy to build you whatever you need =) just let me know if you are interested and i will private message you her info. she would need to know what device he has and what his settings are. but she will hook little ari up!!!!
This thread may also be helpful to you - whether you program the pages yourself or have someone else program it for you.
I posted pictures of pages I made for my DD’s iPod with Proloquo2Go. Since the iPod has a very small screen, she has only 16 pictures per screen and then can scroll down for more items.

I also programmed some pages for her main communication device, her Prentke Romich Vantage device. Here are pictures of those pages:

2590vantage_Studio_page.jpg

2590Vantage_MK_page.jpg

2590vantage_epcot_page.jpg

2590Vantage_AK_page.jpg

The pictures were found on google searches on the internet and the buttons are in the order they are with the open spaces because the Vantage device has very specific locations for specific types of words and I wanted to maintain those locations.

i found some super cute ones here! gonna print some myself this weekend...they slide right into your regular luggage tag! you could get some stickers at the dollar store for the back if you want to do even more. but then if your next trip is not to disney, you may regret doing that!

http://www.themouseforless.com/downloads/trip/DisneyLuggageTags.shtml

I saved these to my computer and then uploaded to picnik dot com and added our info (names address and such) saved it to my computer and printed they came out GREAT!!! thanks for the info!!! I did this for the blank stroller tags and a child find card that I found here!!! :banana::banana:

Hi there!

you asked about a disney page/pages for the dynavox...i am close with our dynavox rep. i just called her and she said there are none built in, but she said she would be happy to build you whatever you need =) just let me know if you are interested and i will private message you her info. she would need to know what device he has and what his settings are. but she will hook little ari up!!!!
See my previous post about pages I programmed for my DD’s Vantage device.
I wanted to share the pages on a page sharing website, but they did not want to share them with Disney pictures, so I made another version (with some extra words to enhance ability to communicate). For these, I used only the built in pictures that were on the device.

2590Studio2.jpg

2590MK2.jpg

2590Epcot_2_page.jpg

2590Animal_kingdom_page2.JPG

Also, the individual items are grouped according to where they are located (i. e. on the Epcot page, the countries are all grouped together and are in order that you walk thru them; the attractions inside The Land are all grouped together, etc.)

i have to thank u so much for all the help u have given me. dont know if u saw but i did figure out how to post pics but the tracker------------not working. hmph! i want to be able to share more of our story whats the best way- is it to keep posting or start a new thread or how can i get a linkto or from the wish united 4 page were people can click and follow our whole experience. may 9th will be here befor u know it- we are so excited! is there anyone u can think of that has a good idea on howi can make a cute countdown for rosie and ari to follow with at home?
p.s did u get a chance to see the pics i posted? i hopeu did because it makes this a little bit more personal. again cant thank u enough! thank u maroo!

We were told we could invite up to 20 people for our reveal/presentation party...I am curious, who do you invite...Eva's grandparents will be coming but other than that my family lives over 4 hours away!! I dont think they would take a drive like that just this ...I think that would be asking a lot. I dont think I would ask therapists or her teacher...They just started with her in February. UGGGHHH!! I feel bad all this work on their part and noone to come!!

We were told we could invite up to 20 people for our reveal/presentation party...I am curious, who do you invite...Eva's grandparents will be coming but other than that my family lives over 4 hours away!! I dont think they would take a drive like that just this ...I think that would be asking a lot. I dont think I would ask therapists or her teacher...They just started with her in February. UGGGHHH!! I feel bad all this work on their part and noone to come!!

How about some close family friends or neighbours? Or maybe friends of the kids--Eva's and her brother and sister's. (That way the older two feel special too.)

Here's hoping that Christian's wish will come true!!!

We are waiting to hear!!! We had our meeting with the make a wish reps last night. It was very exciting!!!!:littleangel:

Hi,
My name is Jennifer, I had a nice long introduction prepared but I guess it took too long and when I tried to post I had timed out and lost it all:sad2: So, I'm just going to get right down to my question because I could really use some help figuring this out. Our MAW representative pointed out to me that because my son, Andrew, our MAW child, is unable to sit upright we will need a seat that is FAA approved in order to fly. This didn't occur to me at all, I really didn't put much thought into it, I assumed I could put him in his tomato seat because it would be easier to carry than his car seat plus we wanted to have it anyway. Since I've learned that's not acceptable and that his car seat is not FAA approved I'm at a loss and was curious if anyone else has dealt with this issue and how it was handled.

Thanks!
Jennifer

Hi,
My name is Jennifer, I had a nice long introduction prepared but I guess it took too long and when I tried to post I had timed out and lost it all:sad2: So, I'm just going to get right down to my question because I could really use some help figuring this out. Our MAW representative pointed out to me that because my son, Andrew, our MAW child, is unable to sit upright we will need a seat that is FAA approved in order to fly. This didn't occur to me at all, I really didn't put much thought into it, I assumed I could put him in his tomato seat because it would be easier to carry than his car seat plus we wanted to have it anyway. Since I've learned that's not acceptable and that his car seat is not FAA approved I'm at a loss and was curious if anyone else has dealt with this issue and how it was handled.

Thanks!
Jennifer

That is a good question.... Look on Mitodad's thread... they had a special harness thing that might work...

(reposted from Hannah's PTR)

Hey everyone! Just wanted to check in since we seem to have dropped off the face of disboards the past few days! Daddy has been out of state for work these past 3 days (coming home tomorrow), Hannah has been sick, and I have been breaking in new nurses (mixed bag here).

I can't wait for Daddy to get home tomorrow night so we can start planning again! All I have been doing these past few days is sleep when the nurse is here and take care of the kids after I wake up plus stay up to do Hannah's night nursing. I want so bad to jump back into it! I need my Disney fix!!

We have received so many generous big give gifts over the past few days that I want to share as well. I just am waiting a couple more days to see if I can get Hannah in some of the shirts and dresses before I post them - she has just really been under the weather this week! If I can't get good pics of her by Sunday night, I will just go ahead and post the pics with Ethan and Abby opening everything.

I ordered Kingdom Keepers for Ethan to read, and he got it in the mail today! This type of series is right up his alley, and I thought it would be a fun tie in to WDW. I wish they had a younger chapter book series like this for Abby!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter