Make a Wish (and other organizations) ~ Wish Trippers UNITE! Volume FOUR!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OH NO!!!!!!

This thread is at 250 pages!!!!!!!!!!! :faint:

I usually do one every Christmas....it is only September and we are already at 250!

They will shut it down....

MODS - I will make a new one tomorrow! Please don't lock this one up....
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

please!!
Let me know when the new page is ready. I will link the new one in the FAQ thread and close this.

It's been 2 weeks since I contacted Emily's wish grantor about dates and have heard nothing! I feel bad about being pushy but I will have two very heart-broken girls if I can't get reservations to CRT and of course I can't do that until we have dates! Just trying to decide whether or not to keep nagging....

It's been 2 weeks since I contacted Emily's wish grantor about dates and have heard nothing! I feel bad about being pushy but I will have two very heart-broken girls if I can't get reservations to CRT and of course I can't do that until we have dates! Just trying to decide whether or not to keep nagging....

I would email/call your wish granters tomorrow. It's not pestering, just tell them you are "checking in!" We haven't heard from our Wish Manager in a few weeks and I'm ready to call too. I need to know the airline info so I can reserve Owen's oxygen tanks. I hope you get the December dates you want! We are going the 4-14th of Dec and are so excited about all the holiday festivities. They also decorate the GKTW villas with a tree and some small decor. Fun stuff!! :)

Preston is getting worse with his physical therapy. He is back to using his walker some of the time. When he is not using it, we have to hold on to him to help him walk. He is going to see 2 of his doctors next week and have an MRI done on Monday. I hope the MRI will show us whats going on and the doctors give us some insight on what to do to get him walking again without pain. Synovial:flower3:

oh! I'm so sorry that things are not turning around!! I hope the Doctors can find the issue FAST!! :hugs:
Hello everyone!! Hope you all had a wonderful Saturday!!

So...I was just thinking about this and...well... we are down to our last

before Katelyn's big trip!! I cannot believe what an amazing journey this has been with all of you!!

I am gonna try to stop back in before we leave...if I can fight my way from under the :laundy: & packing!!! :lmao:

we are done to 18 days and my stomach does flip flops. Gabbie Wish Granters come this weekend....should be a blast! I hope all the packing and prepping goes smoothly for you!!

Lisa had an ECHO several weeks ago, showing major heart changes since May 26. The local cardiologist office called, Lisa’s Doctors in Philly want her to have a cardiac cath as soon as we can schedule it. It will be at least a 10 day trip, judging from past experiences (she was in the hospital 9 days last time and we have to go to Philly for this one). They have given us permission to go on the Make a Wish Trip (we leave in 17 days); but, I am incredibly sad...Just because I knew they were going to say this, doesn't make it any easier to hear the news. Please pray for our peace and Lisa's heart. Thank you.

For those people who extended their trip. How was the transition on the rental car? Did you get a discount? Is there one rental agency that MAW usually goes with?

Thanks

Savanna

Heard from Emily's wish granter today. She said that our Make A Wish chapter will not start booking December trips for about 2 more weeks. A little disappointed, but at least we weren't forgotten. Just really hoping and praying that I'll get the reservations the girls really want. Can't wait to REALLy start planning this thing!

Heard from Emily's wish granter today. She said that our Make A Wish chapter will not start booking December trips for about 2 more weeks.

That is good to know, we requested Feb and Jan for Dev's trip and my husband is keen to know the dates to request vacation time off. So our chapter might run the same way.

On a second note. Dev was cleared by his neurologist and has no restrictions on rides at any of the parks.

For those people who extended their trip. How was the transition on the rental car? Did you get a discount? Is there one rental agency that MAW usually goes with?

Thanks

Savanna

We haven't extended yet, but will in December. Our rental car has to be returned to AVIS and then we have to rent a new one. I found rental cars at rentalcars.com for pretty inexpensive while we are there. You can reserve and you don't have to pay until you get there. So if the MAW rental company will give you a price break, you can just cancel your other reservation. Then you at the very least have something reserved. Your make a wish chapter might be different, I would just ask. :)

Heard from Emily's wish granter today. She said that our Make A Wish chapter will not start booking December trips for about 2 more weeks. A little disappointed, but at least we weren't forgotten. Just really hoping and praying that I'll get the reservations the girls really want. Can't wait to REALLy start planning this thing!

BUMMER. Our chapter gave us our dates for Dec the first of this month, but we have friends that got their next year FEB dates as well. Crazy. You can start planning soon. We got the exact dates we requested, so maybe go with that and start tentatively planning? I knew the restaurants my kids wanted to visit and which parks were "must do's" and which ones we can skip. Planning will be tons of fun. It'll happen soon! :)

This thread has reached over 250 pages and needs to have a new volume made, which Maroo is doing.
Until the new thread volume is up and running, please try to keep responses short without lots of pictures, which take more space.

Matthew had a g-tube dependency. I am trying my hardest to get him help with a intensive feeding program at our local children's hospiltal. We are trying hard for him to eat more but his equivalency of how much he can eat is low. If I can't get him to eat as much as most toddlers do and only eats an ounce or two of my plate will Disney restaurants will they make us pay for a kids meal, especially the buffets or character dinners. I don't want to exclude him from any of these experience. The restaurants around where we live they know us and know that he eats of our plates because they know his eating issues. They never ever charge us for him. If any knows anything can you please let me know i would appreciate it.

Katelyn's dream was "OFFICIALLY" granted yesterday!! We got our final flight info, our GKTW info, & we are ready to go!! I am still having a hard time coming to grips with the fact that we really do leave in 3 days!!!???

SO I will be catching up on laundry & the suitcases will come out today to start packing!! :banana:

Matthew had a g-tube dependency. I am trying my hardest to get him help with a intensive feeding program at our local children's hospiltal. We are trying hard for him to eat more but his equivalency of how much he can eat is low. If I can't get him to eat as much as most toddlers do and only eats an ounce or two of my plate will Disney restaurants will they make us pay for a kids meal, especially the buffets or character dinners. I don't want to exclude him from any of these experience. The restaurants around where we live they know us and know that he eats of our plates because they know his eating issues. They never ever charge us for him. If any knows anything can you please let me know i would appreciate it.

Owen is in the same prediciment. He is 100% gtube dependent, and only nibbles on small bites of food. He eats nibblets from all our plates. We don't want to pay for an entire meal for him and we never do. We go out to eat all the time (and they don't know us) and he just eats off our plates, I'm sure Disney will be no different. Just explain to them the situation, show them his tube and they will be fine. I wouldn't stress it too much! We have a lot of character meals planned with buffets and we don't plan on paying for him.

We haven't extended yet, but will in December. Our rental car has to be returned to AVIS and then we have to rent a new one. I found rental cars at rentalcars.com for pretty inexpensive while we are there. You can reserve and you don't have to pay until you get there. So if the MAW rental company will give you a price break, you can just cancel your other reservation. Then you at the very least have something reserved. Your make a wish chapter might be different, I would just ask. :)

Thanks I will try that.

Owen is in the same prediciment. He is 100% gtube dependent, and only nibbles on small bites of food. He eats nibblets from all our plates. We don't want to pay for an entire meal for him and we never do. We go out to eat all the time (and they don't know us) and he just eats off our plates, I'm sure Disney will be no different. Just explain to them the situation, show them his tube and they will be fine. I wouldn't stress it too much! We have a lot of character meals planned with buffets and we don't plan on paying for him.
The server at Disney has the authority to decrease a price. They won't do it ahead of time, but will do it when you are there - just explain.

You don't have to do anything at the counter service, you just order what you want and take it to your table. For full service, you can just explain ( but, really won't have a problem - portions are big and many people share a meal).

For buffets, you may be charged, but your server will most likely remove the charge. So, I would assume you will be charged, at least a child's fee, but are quite likely to have the charge removed.

For character meals, again, the server can remove the charge. You may be charged an "Entertainment Fee", which is much smaller than the regular fee.

And, with this, I am closing this volume since maroo completed the new volume.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter