maine

No words... absolutely terrible, heartbreaking, and terrifying. Each local station is reporting different numbers, but CNN is saying 16 people have died (local FB groups are saying up to 22.) I'm about 45 minutes away and don't think I'll be sleeping tonight; I can imagine how terrified everyone in Androscoggin County must be tonight.

I believe @mickeyboat is from Maine, as well. I’m sure there are others. (One is on the tip of my tongue but I can’t think of the username right now. ? Mermaid)

Following this terrible story now, as well. Saw on local news the perpetrator was recently committed.

I had hoped they would catch this guy before morning, but they have not yet. Scary situation! It's just so sad and pointless. My heart goes out to the community.

No words... absolutely terrible, heartbreaking, and terrifying. Each local station is reporting different numbers, but CNN is saying 16 people have died (local FB groups are saying up to 22.) I'm about 45 minutes away and don't think I'll be sleeping tonight; I can imagine how terrified everyone in Androscoggin County must be tonight.
Sending good vibes up your way from Massachusetts.

It's so heartbreaking for the community. My son is a freshman at a college about an hour South and I have family in the area. My son's college is closed and they're only allowed to go to the dining hall. I really hope they find the suspect soon.

It's got to be so unnerving to be anywhere in that general area with that guy still on the loose. I read he's a firearms instructor and in the army reserves, so it seems possible that he has some survival expertise ... I hope he doesn't end up disappearing into the woods and evading for a long time like that one guy caught in the NC mountains did (I think that was the Atlanta Olympics bomber?)

Very scary! DD has been planning to play at a Special Hockey tournament at Bowdoin College this weekend...

Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts and prayers for we DIS-ers living in Maine. I am about 100 miles north of Lewiston, which is about 40 miles north of Portland. As far as we are hearing, they haven't found the shooter yet, although they found his car in Lisbon, which is about 10 miles southeast of Lewiston. The fear is he had a back-up vehicle and could be anywhere. Both Bates and Bowdoin Colleges are on lockdown, and UMaine Orono, where DH and I both work, is closed for the day. The local public schools are on lockdown or have canceled for the day. Bath Ironworks is closed, and Hannaford stores, one of 2 major grocery chains here in Maine, are closed until at least 10am today, and I'm hearing more and more smaller business chains are also closed. I don't know what to think. The resident 7 year old is at school, DH and I are home, my son-in-law stayed home today, but DD is a social worker for Eastern Maine Medical system, and so far, she is still scheduled to go out on the road to see clients. Making me very nervous. I know the chances of anything happening are slim to none- until it happens. Thank you all again for thinking of us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter