Magical express luggage delivery

We landed a few minutes before 7:00 pm. It’s now 11:50 pm and we still haven’t gotten our bags. Bell services says they have no control over it. Understandable. However, couldn’t Disney caution people on flights after 6:00 pm that there might be a delay in getting your bags so we can make the call on using ME or not? We have never come in this late, so we were unaware this is the norm. Legendary customer service is a thing of the past. Slightly above ordinary is more the norm. We’ve been coming here for almost 20 years, 2-3 times a year, sometimes more, and the magic keeps getting a little less with each trip. What really topped off this snafu, is when they told me an hour and a half ago was the bags were on the truck and headed toward Disney. Only problem with that is, we have trackers in our bags and I could see they didn’t leave the airport until about 30 minutes ago. I wonder what Walt would think about service these days?
I think Walt would be amazed they could get bags at the airport and deliver them to the guest period. I also wonder on the other hand what Walt would say about the volume of guests who complain about the smallest of pointless things. No, I do not mean this post or you in any way. I’m talking about others I overhear every time I’m in the parks and the abuse heaped on some of the CM. It’s outright shameful.
We were at the resort by 8:00. Bags finally showed up around 12:30. I’ve used ME probably 40+ times and it’s never taken anywhere close to that long. Granted, this is the first time we have ever arrived in the evening. I guess it’s another lesson learned, if arriving after 6:00, we won’t use ME luggage service.
Fact is, despite this taking longer than prior trips, it is not far outside their norm of 3-4 hours after arrival at your resort

Also, since I assume you took ME. If you landed at 7:00 and made it to the resort at 8:00 you had a VERY quick ME trip. 60 min is on the fast side. 90 min is the avg. So bags took a bit longer but you traded it off with a quicker than norm trip to the resort. Trade off I guess?

Last edited:
We always just get our bags ourselves and then check them at the bell desk when we check in. Part of the reason we do that is we have carryon baggage (backpack, purse etc) that we have to check anyway at the resort so we might as well do the same with the luggage.
Agreed. Only way we do it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter