Magical express luggage delivery

ifitzger

Earning My Ears
How long does it usually take luggage to be delivered to the resorts for an evening arrival? Are nighttime deliveries faster or could it still be the entire 3 hour window?

I've never had luggage actually take the 3 hours.
Usually have it in 1-2 hours but time of day makes no difference.
Just remember that if you land 10pm or later you pick it up yourself at the airport.

We’re usually around the 3 hour mark. On our last visit it was around 5 hours but they did call to let us know there had been an issue and to expect a delay.

We’re usually around the 3 hour mark. On our last visit it was around 5 hours but they did call to let us know there had been an issue and to expect a delay.
The worse time for this to happen is in the afternoons in the summer when storms can delay baggage unloading at the airport. They are not able to unload/work during active lightening. But it's rarely an extensive delay

I know most of the time we are out and in the parks for more than 3 hours on arrival day so honestly, have no idea how long they take to deliver. The bags are in the room when we get there. For all we know, it's taken them well over 3 hours. I doubt it but really, we don't know.

The worse time for this to happen is in the afternoons in the summer when storms can delay baggage unloading at the airport. They are not able to unload/work during active lightening. But it's rarely an extensive delay

I know most of the time we are out and in the parks for more than 3 hours on arrival day so honestly, have no idea how long they take to deliver. The bags are in the room when we get there. For all we know, it's taken them well over 3 hours. I doubt it but really, we don't know.

That's entirely possible in our case- we had a storm coming in when we landed and it was over by the time we got to the resort. That can be all it takes to jam things up a little. No complaints from me- In all of the times I've been to WDW, that's the only time luggage has been more than 3 hours and we were also at a park and so I didn't miss it in the least. We got back to the room and it showed up about an hour later, so 5 hours in total door to door. There is generally nothing in my checked baggage I can't live without for a few hours.

We had this happen on a rare occasion where we didn't use the DME luggage delivery, a storm hit just after we landed and it was a very long wait for the bags. Once the storm stops they have to wait a mandatory length of time before resuming operations.

Normally we check in and head to a park and when we return our bags have always been in our room so I don't have a time estimate for any of our trips using the luggage delivery feature.

Has always been 3 hours for us. One time we landed at 8pm and it was the following morning.

We had 5 bags delivered to our room that were not our bags. Luckily we also got all of our bags. I hope the bags were reunited with their owners eventually.

Does anyone know if they take your bags regardless if you check in with ME or not? Was thinking about taking a lyft to resort but was hoping they would still deliver bags since they have tags. Or do you have to check in with the attendant regardless?

I've never had luggage actually take the 3 hours.
Usually have it in 1-2 hours but time of day makes no difference.
Just remember that if you land 10pm or later you pick it up yourself at the airport.
Depending on your airline you may be able to use bags vip to have the luggage delivered to bell services at your resort and then have them bring it to your room when your flight arrives after 10 PM. They are actually the same service that DME uses, but when paying they are available 24/7.

Depending on your airline you may be able to use bags vip to have the luggage delivered to bell services at your resort and then have them bring it to your room when your flight arrives after 10 PM. They are actually the same service that DME uses, but when paying they are available 24/7.

I certainly wouldn't pay money.
I've never arrived after 10pm so I've never had to worry about it but if I did I'd go get my bags.

IMHO, its best to just take the luggage yourself. Don't use the tags and the bus driver will place your luggage in compartment. Drop you off a resort and you'll have the luggage right then. Just get your bags at baggage claim and take them to DME. Of course if you plan to goto parks before you check in..then yes you'd need to wait for them.
We always goto resort first..not sure what the OP plan was. but if you are going to check in and all....there is no point in having them delivered to the room. you may as well take them on bus with you.

I certainly wouldn't pay money.
I've never arrived after 10pm so I've never had to worry about it but if I did I'd go get my bags.
While I would generally agree, the issue is with all of the construction at MCO and flying into Terminal B, it becomes a very long walk from Terminal B's baggage claim vs being able to cross across on the upper floor and having a minimal walk and after a 4 hour flight that may be worth it since we wouldn't need anything from the luggage until late the next day anyway.

If it weren't for the construction, I probably wouldnt consider it, but it is a bit different right now.

We have never had an issue getting our bags within the 3 hour window until we landed after 7pm. We called to inquire about our bags around 10pm or so and we were told that it is 3-4 hours after you arrive at your resort not from when you land. We did not get our bags until 1am. I will never use tags again for a flight that lands later than 3-4pm.

We have never had an issue getting our bags within the 3 hour window until we landed after 7pm. We called to inquire about our bags around 10pm or so and we were told that it is 3-4 hours after you arrive at your resort not from when you land. We did not get our bags until 1am. I will never use tags again for a flight that lands later than 3-4pm.
Common misconception but it is what the paperwork says.

We were shocked on our last trip, our luggage arrived before we finished lunch. Heck, in our friends room, they had their luggage in their room before they were even given their room number!

IMHO, its best to just take the luggage yourself. Don't use the tags and the bus driver will place your luggage in compartment. Drop you off a resort and you'll have the luggage right then. Just get your bags at baggage claim and take them to DME. Of course if you plan to goto parks before you check in..then yes you'd need to wait for them.
We always goto resort first..not sure what the OP plan was. but if you are going to check in and all....there is no point in having them delivered to the room. you may as well take them on bus with you.

For us there are several "points" to using the delivery feature. Not having to go to baggage claim, not having to wait 20+ minutes for the bags and significantly more if there are storms in the area (see my earlier post). With some airlines you have to go down to baggage claim, back up to the main level and then cross the airport and head back down to dme, add a few suitcases and a couple kids and this can be a hassle. If your arriving before 3ish the chances are good that your room won't be ready, then what do you do with your bags? All that work and waiting just to store them at bell service, (tipped)! Then when you return to the resort go to your room and call for your bags (another tip).

I can avoid all that by using the yellow tags, get off the airplane head to dme and be on our way. Check in and head to the parks pool ds etc.. and let the bags be delivered to our room waiting on our return!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter