Magical express luggage delivery

There is no doubt whatsoever what time they stop getting bags, which is 10:00.
I am sorry, shouldn't have said any trucks leaving since that can't be right, they still sort after 10:00, since they can't magically finish sorting the bags that are pulled at 10:00 all at once. Who knows how long the sorting takes. I am not sure if they do it all at MCO or if some is done somewhere at Disney. I believe it's all at MCO but not sure. Also, the truck may have arrived at your resort at that hour but by no means does it mean it was just arriving from MCO at that hour. It could have made multiple stops prior to your resort.

True-- our flight got in before 7:30--- so our bag would already have been pulled by Disney long before 10:00 p.m. and either put on a truck, or put in the group to go on a truck. No clue if the sorting is done at the airport- or if they load all the yellow tag bags and bring them to Disney property and then sort and put them on trucks to the resorts. I would think they would just sort them at the airport, but I have no clue what exactly they do. All I know is that YC said that they hold the luggage until the truck is more full. For all I know, they loaded the luggage to all the resorts on the same truck and the thing had been driving all over property since it loaded whatever came in on the last flight around 10:00 p.m. I didn't see the truck, DH did, so I don't know if it was a huge truck or a smaller truck.

We have always let Disney move our bags, with very few snafus...mainly just longer waits the later in the day.

However, our trip last month, we grabbed our luggage because it was a late flight...and I kind of loved it. It added MAYBE 10 minutes total to our time in the airport. And that was with being on the other side from DME. Having it and unpacking right away was kind of nice. We arrived at Pop, went to our room, with our luggage, unpacked, washed up, headed to a very late dinner at DS, and everything was done when we got back (late) to the resort and we could just go to sleep. I think, going forward, we might only use the luggage service if we arrive early in the day...

We have always let Disney move our bags, with very few snafus...mainly just longer waits the later in the day.

However, our trip last month, we grabbed our luggage because it was a late flight...and I kind of loved it. It added MAYBE 10 minutes total to our time in the airport. And that was with being on the other side from DME. Having it and unpacking right away was kind of nice. We arrived at Pop, went to our room, with our luggage, unpacked, washed up, headed to a very late dinner at DS, and everything was done when we got back (late) to the resort and we could just go to sleep. I think, going forward, we might only use the luggage service if we arrive early in the day...
After waiting until after 1am for our bags I will never use Disney to move our bags unless we land prior to 3pm.

Grumpy old woman here.

We’ve used DME since the first week of its existence. It was one of the greatest things that has happened for us since we first went to WDW in the early ‘90s.
I hated waiting for my luggage with uncontrollable cranky children running into me and trying to ride the luggage belt. Then I would go wait in another crowded line for a rental car. The adventure never took less than 1 1/2 hours. And by the time we got to the resort I was angry at everything.

DH is always paranoid about luggage but it always gets there by the time we get back to the room after dinner.

The first time we did not get the yellow tags. But I gave them the claim numbers. When we checked in to the Resort we got upgraded to Club level for our “inconvenience”. Luggage appeared in 2.5 hours.

I think though I am not 100% on this, what resort can make a difference.
Hopefully, someone can confirm, or correct me.
I've been told that the Value resorts have a different type of Bell Services system, called Luggage Services there or something along these lines. And may not be available 24 hours a day. I'm not clear on the hours exactly but this could be a factor on why some have had issues with delivery when arriving late. The only times we've stayed at a Value resort has been when we've arrived very late and we've either had to get our own bags due to the hour or asked them to hold our bags and move them to our next resort in the morning.

Value resorts definitely have limited luggage services, however we were staying at POFQ when our bags were delayed until very late in the night. We did have an issue at ASM last year getting help to get our luggage to the front of the resort at 4:30am. We don't stay value and added an extra night due to a really early flight and I was completely taken by surprise. We ended up just hauling it all up by ourselves.

Value resorts definitely have limited luggage services, however we were staying at POFQ when our bags were delayed until very late in the night. We did have an issue at ASM last year getting help to get our luggage to the front of the resort at 4:30am. We don't stay value and added an extra night due to a really early flight and I was completely taken by surprise. We ended up just hauling it all up by ourselves.

POFQ was where I had the worst wait for luggage, I wonder if the small size of the resort + late flight + lower crowd season factored into the 3 + hour wait (granted I don't know how long the wait would have been, as I ended up having the luggage held)

We always just get our bags ourselves and then check them at the bell desk when we check in. Part of the reason we do that is we have carryon baggage (backpack, purse etc) that we have to check anyway at the resort so we might as well do the same with the luggage.

True-- our flight got in before 7:30--- so our bag would already have been pulled by Disney long before 10:00 p.m. and either put on a truck, or put in the group to go on a truck. No clue if the sorting is done at the airport- or if they load all the yellow tag bags and bring them to Disney property and then sort and put them on trucks to the resorts. I would think they would just sort them at the airport, but I have no clue what exactly they do. All I know is that YC said that they hold the luggage until the truck is more full. For all I know, they loaded the luggage to all the resorts on the same truck and the thing had been driving all over property since it loaded whatever came in on the last flight around 10:00 p.m. I didn't see the truck, DH did, so I don't know if it was a huge truck or a smaller truck.
My understanding is if there is a yellow tag, most of the sorting is done automatically by machine with humans checking for anything that was missed or improperly sorted along with getting luggage that didn't have yellow tags. So this would mean most sorting is done at the airport.

Our late bags have all been at WL. My mom used DME when meeting me at Kidani. Her flight landed around 1 pm, she arrived around 2 pm, we wandered the resort some, and we got back up to the room about 3 pm and her bags were in the room. So definitely think time of day plays a role in how quick they bring the luggage.

Now my DH hated DME (he was on the trip where the bags didn't show up until after 11pm). So I wasn't going to use the luggage service this time. But this time we are going with kids, including a 19 month old. We also have a flight that lands around 1 pm. I asked DH and when he realized how much carry on stuff we will have with the toddler and a teenager, he decided we'd let Disney handle the checked bags. We are starting the trip at AKL, so hoping the luggage shows up quickly.

We landed a few minutes before 7:00 pm. It’s now 11:50 pm and we still haven’t gotten our bags. Bell services says they have no control over it. Understandable. However, couldn’t Disney caution people on flights after 6:00 pm that there might be a delay in getting your bags so we can make the call on using ME or not? We have never come in this late, so we were unaware this is the norm. Legendary customer service is a thing of the past. Slightly above ordinary is more the norm. We’ve been coming here for almost 20 years, 2-3 times a year, sometimes more, and the magic keeps getting a little less with each trip. What really topped off this snafu, is when they told me an hour and a half ago was the bags were on the truck and headed toward Disney. Only problem with that is, we have trackers in our bags and I could see they didn’t leave the airport until about 30 minutes ago. I wonder what Walt would think about service these days?

We landed a few minutes before 7:00 pm. It’s now 11:50 pm and we still haven’t gotten our bags. Bell services says they have no control over it. Understandable. However, couldn’t Disney caution people on flights after 6:00 pm that there might be a delay in getting your bags so we can make the call on using ME or not? We have never come in this late, so we were unaware this is the norm. Legendary customer service is a thing of the past. Slightly above ordinary is more the norm. We’ve been coming here for almost 20 years, 2-3 times a year, sometimes more, and the magic keeps getting a little less with each trip. What really topped off this snafu, is when they told me an hour and a half ago was the bags were on the truck and headed toward Disney. Only problem with that is, we have trackers in our bags and I could see they didn’t leave the airport until about 30 minutes ago. I wonder what Walt would think about service these days?
They do say it can take X amount of time before your luggage arrives in your documents and X can change based on your flight time, but I usually see it saying up to 6 hours.

Where do you see this? In Disney literature, or reports from guests? Are thise guests claiming 6 hours from touchdown, or 6 hours from resort arrival?
When we had that late of a flight, that was what it claimed in the paperwork with our luggage tags.....yes, I actually read all of the fine print.

We were at the resort by 8:00. Bags finally showed up around 12:30. I’ve used ME probably 40+ times and it’s never taken anywhere close to that long. Granted, this is the first time we have ever arrived in the evening. I guess it’s another lesson learned, if arriving after 6:00, we won’t use ME luggage service.

We always just get our bags ourselves and then check them at the bell desk when we check in. Part of the reason we do that is we have carryon baggage (backpack, purse etc) that we have to check anyway at the resort so we might as well do the same with the luggage.
We also always have carryon that we need to check, including a CPAP.

No clue if the sorting is done at the airport- or if they load all the yellow tag bags and bring them to Disney property and then sort and put them on trucks to the resorts. I would think they would just sort them at the airport,
Yellow tagged luggage is pulled before any luggage appears on the carousel.

It is taken to a warehouse at the airport and sorted, and i believe, caged by resort.

Cages to multiple resorts are put on trucks, driven to WDW, and delivered to respective resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!