Also curious about the party magic shots and waiting to hear more info from this year's party. Do they start taking the party magic shots at the entrance at 4?

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but what is the best way of getting a specific magic shot? Asking specifically for what I want, example Mickey sitting on bench, or asking which magic shots they can do? Dec 2015 we had MM and didn't ask for Magic shots and barely had any. I would like more this time around.

UPDATE - Magic Kingdom

The following have been removed from the Magic Kingdom:
  • Haunted Mansion Hitchhiking Ghosts Magic Shot (day time)
  • Pascal Magic Shot
  • Ship in a Bottle Magic Shot (not pictured)

upload_2018-8-27_2-29-42.png

upload_2018-8-27_2-30-7.png

Only 19 Magic Shots remain during regular park hours. :sad1:

I know it's somewhat silly to waste time on non-party shots during MNSSHP, but if I am by the teacups and wanted to snag the Cheshire Cat shot, is that still available during the party (at night)?

I know it's somewhat silly to waste time on non-party shots during MNSSHP, but if I am by the teacups and wanted to snag the Cheshire Cat shot, is that still available during the party (at night)?

Yes, you have access to all the Magic Shots at Magic Kingdom PLUS the Halloween ones during the party. You will have to ask for them and a PhotoPass photographer must be in that location. Remember, Disney has policy...

*NOTE: Please note that some locations may only be staffed intermittently by PhotoPass photographers. Be sure to ask a photographer for these Magic Shots!

It's even written on their official Magic Shot Facebook page.
Link: https://www.facebook.com/pg/DisneyPhotoPass/photos/?ref=page_internal

Last edited:
Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but what is the best way of getting a specific magic shot? Asking specifically for what I want, example Mickey sitting on bench, or asking which magic shots they can do? Dec 2015 we had MM and didn't ask for Magic shots and barely had any. I would like more this time around.

Yes. You have to ask for them and in that area as described by Disney. The photographer can also do more then one as well.

You’re awesome, thank you FoxC!

One more question. Do you have to queue individually for each HM Magic shot?

I can tell some are in different locations, but where is the Hatbox Ghost? Would love if that one and another could be knocked out simultaneously.

As stated before you may ask a photographer which ones they can do which typically are two - three different ones. Provided the line isn't long they'll do them for you. The Hatbox Ghost is at the Haunted Mansion, you must ask for this one.

I noticed under Photo Frames (on that Post #10) only two were listed. I thought there was a Hocus Pocus frame at MNSSHP, as well. I seem to remember seeing pictures of a black frame with something about the 25th Anniversary of HP.

If you have a photo, I'd love to see but so far I haven't. :confused3 Also please note I just got back from a two week vacation last night, all I'm doing are updates! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter