Magic Bands Upgrade

We are going in late Oct. and when selecting Bands had similar issues as everyone seems to have. Are we able to go back and buy additional bands one at a time or does it need to be your entire party ?

We are going in late Oct. and when selecting Bands had similar issues as everyone seems to have. Are we able to go back and buy additional bands one at a time or does it need to be your entire party ?
Yes, you have to make selections for your entire party, before you check out. Once you have paid for upgrades, you can’t go back and change anything.

Yes, you have to make selections for your entire party, before you check out. Once you have paid for upgrades, you can’t go back and change anything.
Also, any members of your party that do not have a band selected at the time of check out will automatically receive a grey band. This is adding to the ordering challenge as this is now one and done shopping. The option to go in and change that used to be there is now gone.

Wonder what in the world is going on with inventory, it has been depleted for like 6 days now... I've found stalking the Build-a-Band page has become an hourly thing for me just to see what's available. It's like gambling, what are you gonna get!

Wonder what in the world is going on with inventory, it has been depleted for like 6 days now... I've found stalking the Build-a-Band page has become an hourly thing for me just to see what's available. It's like gambling, what are you gonna get!

YEP!! :headache:

we want the 2 villian bands (male, female) if 1 was available, the other wasnt. then vice versa. then can't check out!!

If you could check out 1 band at a time, that would have helped a lot.

I've seen the same 6 bands for a few days now:
Donald, Flynn, Moana
Americana, Emperor, Walt

I'm hoping this means they've at least finally got a handle on what is and isn't in inventory. Now if only they can add to it :earsboy:

I've seen the same 6 bands for a few days now:
Donald, Flynn, Moana
Americana, Emperor, Walt

I'm hoping this means they've at least finally got a handle on what is and isn't in inventory. Now if only they can add to it :earsboy:

I was just coming here to ask what everyone was seeing. These are the same I have been seeing this whole week. Hope they update inventory soon.

Also, any members of your party that do not have a band selected at the time of check out will automatically receive a grey band. This is adding to the ordering challenge as this is now one and done shopping. The option to go in and change that used to be there is now gone.

My experience was similar to others here. I waited until I saw all the bands my family wanted were available, then added them to the cart. Everything looked good until I placed the order and suddenly my Sorcerer Mickey band was not available. Two buttons popped up, "Try Again" and "Dismiss". I hit try again and the screen errored and showed a purchase for all EXCEPT the Sorcerer Mickey band. That was had been substituted for Gray without my being given a chance to change it. I was only charged for the upgraded ones, not the gray one. I immediately called to get it corrected, but the cast member said they could not do anything until the bands shipped to me in case it was just an error in displaying the gray band. They wanted to wait until I got them and confirmed it was a gray band. Well, I got them and it was gray. I called back and they were able to escalate it and re-enable a new magic band selection option on My Disney Experience just for me (not the entire family). Now I just have to wait until inventory is available again and I should be able to get the band I want.

It's a good thing I have 6 more weeks until our trip, or this would be completely frustrating.

My experience was similar to others here. I waited until I saw all the bands my family wanted were available, then added them to the cart. Everything looked good until I placed the order and suddenly my Sorcerer Mickey band was not available. Two buttons popped up, "Try Again" and "Dismiss". I hit try again and the screen errored and showed a purchase for all EXCEPT the Sorcerer Mickey band. That was had been substituted for Gray without my being given a chance to change it. I was only charged for the upgraded ones, not the gray one. I immediately called to get it corrected, but the cast member said they could not do anything until the bands shipped to me in case it was just an error in displaying the gray band. They wanted to wait until I got them and confirmed it was a gray band. Well, I got them and it was gray. I called back and they were able to escalate it and re-enable a new magic band selection option on My Disney Experience just for me (not the entire family). Now I just have to wait until inventory is available again and I should be able to get the band I want.

It's a good thing I have 6 more weeks until our trip, or this would be completely frustrating.
That is frustrating and disappointing. Glad you're able to get it fixed.

Something that may help others who accidentally end up with grey bands....on our last trip somehow my mom's band defaulted to grey rather than the colour we had selected for her. We're Canadian so needed to pick up our bands at the desk. The CM was able to swap out the grey for the coloured one she originally wanted and it just wasn't personalized. While this isn't ideal, it's worth asking at check-in if a coloured band can be exchanged for a grey one.

I am probably in the minority. We were able to get the MBs we selected both times we ordered.

I've been messing with a band order for weeks off and on now, but needed to order it this week so I have been looking several times a day for the past few days. I finally gave up on my husband and I having the bands we want and got solids, but ordered the character ones for my kids. The site did what Euvatar said earlier. They processed the order and then immediately it gave me an error with the success screen in the background (retry or dismiss), I dismissed it but it went ahead and processed my daughter's Elsa band as gray. That's gonna go over badly, particularly with her siblings having the ones they wanted. If it had popped up out of stock, I would have just not ordered tonight, as I have a few more days. We have others, she was just excited. :( The charge only lined up for 2 of my 3 upgrades, I'm pretty sure it's coming gray.

Even though my trip's still a ways away, I've only got one upgraded band to worry about, so I keep checking in case the coveted one appears finally. So far, no dice.

For curiosity's sake, I checked ebay to see what the price was going for the band I want (the castle one), knowing better than to consider ordering from there since they jack up the price so much. Look at this:

:scared::scared::scared:

What gets me is that 4 other people actually PAID this amount?? I mean I know it's a beautiful band but for that price you can literally STAY at Pop for a night in January. I think I'm a bit more comfortable checking the magicband roster every day for our $10/15 options instead, tyvm :lmao:

Seems to have changed today! Lots more choice but when I select any I want it now tells me they are out of stock. Progress! Although I only have 4 days to get one I want!

Where do you go to actually order your magic bands.. every time I go online to my linked reservation and hit to customize i get an error message. Thanks!

since the ones i REALLY wanted were not in stock at the same time and my trip is a few weeks away, I just ordered the DVC member light blue bands for the both of us. good luck all those who have trips coming up soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter