Magic Bands Upgrade

My trip isnt until 9/2020 but it let me get the treats MB for me and the HM for hubby!n So excited! Looong wait for our trip but so glad to finally have one booked again..

I was just able to place an order for my October trip. I was attempting to get Daisy, Snacks, and Haunted Mansion wallpaper, but the Haunted Mansion apparently sold out before I could place the order. It's pretty annoying that the inventory changes on the fly like that, but just glad I was able to get my order in and can finally stop checking the page every day!

I keep getting the dreaded "Unable to complete your request" message, even in an incognito window. :sad2:

I was able to get snacks and Elsa for our January trip but the others that I wanted were gone. Donald Duck, Pirates and Toy Story, there one minute, gone the next!

So my understanding is that checking out doesn't work until it....does? :confused3
Yes, and some people struggle for weeks and for some reason others are able to check out their first time.

I purchased 2 sets of bands (1 the very first day and another set after searching multiple times a day for almost 8 weeks) and thankfully I checked out successfully the first time and it took me about 3 attempts the second time. Really no consistency as to why it does/does not seem to work for people. Trust me, we've tried analyzing this thing to death!! 🤔

Yes, and some people struggle for weeks and for some reason others are able to check out their first time.

I purchased 2 sets of bands (1 the very first day and another set after searching multiple times a day for almost 8 weeks) and thankfully I checked out successfully the first time and it took me about 3 attempts the second time. Really no consistency as to why it does/does not seem to work for people. Trust me, we've tried analyzing this thing to death!! 🤔
Sounds like I will be looking multiple times a day until it works or my time runs out ha!

Just got my dole whip band (or citrus swirl, whatever it's supposed to be) in the mail!! All 3 of my bands I could choose are now completed. Even though I know I can just buy them, part of me wishes I could choose a couple more.

I see that there are clearly a million issues with the upgrade situation and so many comments so I apologize if this has already been asked. I'm having trouble getting my selections to stick. When I select a band it does the completing request then it shows up properly, but if I refresh the page or try to select a band for a different family member the one previously selected just disappears. Also is it supposed to give me a check out option? I'm not seeing anything prompting me to make the purchase.

I see that there are clearly a million issues with the upgrade situation and so many comments so I apologize if this has already been asked. I'm having trouble getting my selections to stick. When I select a band it does the completing request then it shows up properly, but if I refresh the page or try to select a band for a different family member the one previously selected just disappears. Also is it supposed to give me a check out option? I'm not seeing anything prompting me to make the purchase.
Typically if your choice doesn't stick, it means that it is out of stock. Eventually that band will disappear from the choices, but it might take awhile which is frustrating. There should be an option after you make your selections to proceed to checkout. On my iPad, it was at the bottom. But it might not be showing up, because you don't have all your selections. You have to make a selection for everyone on your reservation, even if you choose a solid band for some. FYI...sometimes you can select the band, but it still won't let you check out. If that happens (which it does OFTEN), that means one or more of your bands is out of stock. So you got to start over again.

I've been messing with this since May, and I finally got to upgrade some bands this week. If you really want the upgraded band, your best bet is to have your party pick a few options each. It would be very rare to have all of your first choice bands available at the same time. And once your selections stick, check out quickly or they may disappear again!

Typically if your choice doesn't stick, it means that it is out of stock. Eventually that band will disappear from the choices, but it might take awhile which is frustrating. There should be an option after you make your selections to proceed to checkout. On my iPad, it was at the bottom. But it might not be showing up, because you don't have all your selections. You have to make a selection for everyone on your reservation, even if you choose a solid band for some. FYI...sometimes you can select the band, but it still won't let you check out. If that happens (which it does OFTEN), that means one or more of your bands is out of stock. So you got to start over again.

I've been messing with this since May, and I finally got to upgrade some bands this week. If you really want the upgraded band, your best bet is to have your party pick a few options each. It would be very rare to have all of your first choice bands available at the same time. And once your selections stick, check out quickly or they may disappear again!

Yikes! Thanks for the info. I’m a seasoned Disney planner, but this had me feeling like I was doing something wrong.

After many weeks of trying several times a day, we were finally able to get Magic Bands for our September trip! Neither of us got our first or even our second choices, but we finally got something. What’s the next challenge Disney?

Omg! Our first choices of magicband upgrade finally went through. Felt like weeks of constantly refreshing and checking multiple times a day. Donald, Elsa, belle, and park food. Donald was the hardest as it kept disappearing.

Yay for the recent success stories! I hope it’s contagious. I’m still trying. I have several choices for each of the three of us, but they are never all available at the same time. I want the snack one, the Dole Whip, or the castle. My mother wants the castle or any of the Minnie ones. My sister wants Sorcerer Mickey or the 2019 Mickey.

Apologies if this was asked upthread, but I didn't see it-- :scratchin
Are the upgraded bands silkscreened on(or similar), or just the decals added to the grey bands ?
That'll make a difference in my decision for the upcoming trip. Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter