Magic Bands Upgrade

That's just it. It shows it on the roster to choose from, but no matter which browser or device you use, you choose it, go to checkout, and then it says "We were unable to process your request." It's been doing that every day for weeks now. I literally checked RIGHT before posting on here and the same thing happened. :confused3

Then checking on the shopDisney site still shows this:
View attachment 418752
I was able to get it about 2-3 weeks ago or so, there's hope! Have you tried an incognito window? That's what worked for me.

I successfully ordered and received bands for our Thanksgiving trip: White castle, sorcerer Mickey, black panther, Donald, jack & sally, and slinky dog.

I've been trying to order for our spring break trip and am having the same frustration as everyone else. It makes no sense that bands disappear and reappear, sometimes several times a day. Or that they appear available but then we get the "retry/dismiss" page (if they're not available, then why are they listed as options???). Even when I try to order DH's AP band on its own, I can't (I really want the Darth Vader one for him; and I *really* want the HM band.)

I was able to get it about 2-3 weeks ago or so, there's hope! Have you tried an incognito window? That's what worked for me.
Yep. Tried the incognito window, three different browsers (Chrome, Edge, and Firefox), on my phone, AND on my iPad, which different browsers on the devices too. The farthest I've ever gotten is selecting it with my name, and when I go to Proceed To Checkout, that's when it errors out on me. I keep trying at least 3-4x a day, it's just tough with work, and I can't really stop working to check on magicbands, y'know? :badpc::lmao:

I just got the treats band for DD!!!! After daily checking since launch I’m so excited. Gosh I hope she gets it.
I was excited to see you found the treat band for your dd as that’s the one my daughter wanted too. I just went in and was successfully able to order that one for her and small world for myself! Minnie Bows was my first choice bu I’m happy with the ones we have and I’ll check for Minnie Bows for a trip in the future if they continue to offer these.

Happy to put the almost daily check for MBs behind me!

I stopped reading through most of the thread after I got mine through so if this is redundant please excuse me - do not try to customize the name - if you get what you want, just take it with whatever they put on it - likely your first name. As soon as I tried to change to name, it went into failure. Take the MB of choice and run (click).

Last edited:
My apologies upfront if this has already been asked... I am from Canada and so we can’t have our magicbands mailed to us. I’m not going to be travelling to WDW until next summer and given all of the problems that people have been reporting to date in ordering the upgraded magicbands and the issues that Disney appears to be having keeping them in stock, does anybody know what the likelihood is that I will actually get the magicbands that I ordered when I show up to my resort next summer? I’ve been thinking maybe it might make more sense to wait until closer to my travel dates to order some (assuming they are still offering this) but I really don’t know if that is a viable strategy. It may be too early to ask this but if anyone has any experiences to share, I would appreciate it :-)

My apologies upfront if this has already been asked... I am from Canada and so we can’t have our magicbands mailed to us. I’m not going to be travelling to WDW until next summer and given all of the problems that people have been reporting to date in ordering the upgraded magicbands and the issues that Disney appears to be having keeping them in stock, does anybody know what the likelihood is that I will actually get the magicbands that I ordered when I show up to my resort next summer? I’ve been thinking maybe it might make more sense to wait until closer to my travel dates to order some (assuming they are still offering this) but I really don’t know if that is a viable strategy. It may be too early to ask this but if anyone has any experiences to share, I would appreciate it :-)

At some point, eventually, they will put a system in place for ordering bands that actually works. Unless you’re desperate for some of the Limited Release bands that are out right now, I’d just not think about ordering until 2020.

People with 2020 trips ordering now is causing part of the frustration for those of us with 40 days or less left on the band selection countdown.

At some point, eventually, they will put a system in place for ordering bands that actually works. Unless you’re desperate for some of the Limited Release bands that are out right now, I’d just not think about ordering until 2020.

People with 2020 trips ordering now is causing part of the frustration for those of us with 40 days or less left on the band selection countdown.

Yes. If those with 2020 trips could kindly hold off, the rest of us would really appreciate it. 😀

Thank you for your reply and I admire your optimism :). There is certainly no rush on my end to order any so I think I will heed your advice and hold off until we are closer to our travel dates. Thanks again and good luck to those who are hoping to order some bands for your upcoming trips!!

I stopped reading through most of the thread after I got mine through so if this is redundant please excuse me - do not try to customize the name - if you get what you want, just take it with whatever they put on it - likely your first name. As soon as I tried to change to name, it went into failure. Take the MB of choice and run (click).
This is not always true.

I successfully ordered 2 bands this morning and changed the name on each of them without any trouble at all. Entire transaction from start to finish took less than 5 mins to find bands, personalize and pay. Confirmation email was received minutes later.

My recommendation is to try early in the morning when possibly less people are ordering? I ordered our at about 7am on a Sunday when I’m guessing many were sleeping. Just a thought...

I don’t like throwing things out there that I can’t follow through on, but I wish there was a tracker to see what bands are being successfully ordered on what days/times. I don’t have the technical skills or time needed to create and manage a tool like this, but the data would be interesting!
Thanks to everyone who reports when they are successful. It gives me hope...

I’d hold off, there will be new bands you’ll wish you could order before then. Once it’s submitted with a printed band it’s gone you can’t change it, unlike the colour ones.

The website reliability is improving and the selection is getting better so if I didn’t have to order yet I wouldn’t. I take how difficult it has been or order and the number of discussion to mean this is crazy popular, the ability to add $10-$15 per guest ($40 - $60 per room) is not something I see them giving up on.

All that said, if you travel to the US at all in that year they do ship to other hotels and you could try a mail forwarder if you really wanted to order one.

I’d hold off, there will be new bands you’ll wish you could order before then. Once it’s submitted with a printed band it’s gone you can’t change it, unlike the colour ones.

The website reliability is improving and the selection is getting better so if I didn’t have to order yet I wouldn’t. I take how difficult it has been or order and the number of discussion to mean this is crazy popular, the ability to add $10-$15 per guest ($40 - $60 per room) is not something I see them giving up on.

All that said, if you travel to the US at all in that year they do ship to other hotels and you could try a mail forwarder if you really wanted to order one.
As international guests I don’t believe we have a choice to have the bands shipped anywhere but to our resort upon arrival. The system automatically defaults to our home address and gives us a notification even before ordering that our bands will be waiting for us at our resort.

As international guests I don’t believe we have a choice to have the bands shipped anywhere but to our resort upon arrival. The system automatically defaults to our home address and gives us a notification even before ordering that our bands will be waiting for us at our resort.
I’m in Australia and shipped bands to Aulani this week. They haven’t been posted yet but the website and page still show the address. They were coloured not upgraded.

You enter the alt address on the screen you put the credit card in.

I’m in Australia and shipped bands to Aulani this week. They haven’t been posted yet but the website and page still show the address. They were coloured not upgraded.

You enter the alt address on the screen you put the credit card in.
That could be the difference. My credit card is already linked to MDE so I didn’t see that screen. Possibly if I’d said I wanted to use a different credit card then I would have seen it. It’s goid to know it’s an option.

Finally was able to order our second set of bands for our September trip. I've been trying CONSTANTLY for 6 weeks and usually I would be able to grab one of the bands we wanted but not the other 2. By some miracle at 10am i thought," let's see what i can get" and low and behold I was able to get the Disney Snacks for me and Moana for my daughter! She will be so happy.

If you're willing I'd keep trying as more people seem to be having success ordering lately.

Yeah, but my deadline is coming up. I had until the 24th because I am picking them up at check-in (I only booked the trip about 2 weeks ago. I am seeing the few I liked far less frequently too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter